[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

r2 is uploading and will be online in 20 mins.

re: cachedalvikcache and r3... check out the free space! :lol:

Paul-OBriens-iMac:working.blade paul$ adb shell df
/dev: 212440K total, 12K used, 212428K available (block size 4096)
/system: 212480K total, 151624K used, 60856K available (block size 4096)
/data: 213120K total, 6636K used, 206484K available (block size 4096)
/persist: 1536K total, 1156K used, 380K available (block size 4096)
/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)
/cache: 42240K total, 32704K used, 9536K available (block size 4096)[/code]

P

What orange guff did you remove Paul? Did you leave in Orange Wednesdays/

No, as it's available from the Market.

I removed the lot... i'll post the APKs up for manual install if needed tho.

P

Guest Modmedia
Ok do you fancy trying these out? http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

Quickly edited T-Mobile Pulse drivers. They seem to be pretty much standard Android but work with 64bit properly. You might have to manually install them.

Thanks very much! Really apprchiate that. I'll try when I'm home from work :lol:

And even better Paul I can't wait to get back to Mac been without OSX for a few days it's felt like ages.

Noticed this myself, dirty dogs.

Well it upset me when I installed Guitar Hero and let it download high quality tracks and went off to make a cup of tea. Came back and the game said "Sorry your trial has ended" the gits

Any drivers for Vista ? Or is it the same problem as for Win 7 ?

I've not seen any vista drivers about. Give these a try: http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

I can't promise they will work but they are based on standard Android drivers that came with my T-Mobile Pulse. I edited the device IDs so they should install the ZTE instead.

Guest Modmedia
Well it upset me when I installed Guitar Hero and let it download high quality tracks and went off to make a cup of tea. Came back and the game said "Sorry your trial has ended" the gits

Ditto! Downloaded high quality.. Was like 'ooh it's the real song' rather than some MIDI sound file, then it was like 'check out the other games' FAIL.

Guest steve1221
I've not seen any vista drivers about. Give these a try: http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

I can't promise they will work but they are based on standard Android drivers that came with my T-Mobile Pulse. I edited the device IDs so they should install the ZTE instead.

Thanks.

They appear to work but when I try to run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r1.img' from the command line it comes back with 'error cannot load 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2' ? The image is in the same dir as the flashboot files and I've got the phone showing the green android...

Now, is that an error with the drivers or am I doing something stupid that I can't see ?

Edited by steve1221

Guest blackmath

I managed to play guitar hero for a bit before the trial ran out. The cpu isn't really good enough anyway (or its a badly coded game). Who wants to be a millionaire was ok, but neither game is worth £5.

Thanks.

They appear to work but when I try to run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r1.img' from the command line it comes back with 'error cannot load 'boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2' ? The image is in the same dir as the flashboot files and I've got the phone showing the green android...

Now, is that an error with the drivers or am I doing something stupid that I can't see ?

The command line for installing MCRi should be 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img' right now. The guide still said r1, i've updated it now.

P

Thanks.

If it was the drivers then you'll be stuck with a message like <Waiting for device>

Guest stuartmc

Paul you are a hero. I have installed r2 using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The drivers that are not recognised are the ZTE HSUSB Device ones but you just need the standard Android drivers to be able to root and MCRi which download automatically from WIndows Update.

Only hiccup was RTFM, just copied the file without renaimg it and it just kept rebooting. "READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know."

Can't find the calendar/reminder widget that I had there before so don't know if this is just noob trouble or something been removed.

Guest steve1221
The command line for installing MCRi should be 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img' right now. The guide still said r1, i've updated it now.

P

Was me being stupid, I should have seen that !

Thanks Paul, what would we do without you !!

Edited by steve1221

Guest steve1221
Paul you are a hero. I have installed r2 using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The drivers that are not recognised are the ZTE HSUSB Device ones but you just need the standard Android drivers to be able to root and MCRi which download automatically from WIndows Update.

Only hiccup was RTFM, just copied the file without renaimg it and it just kept rebooting. "READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know."

Can't find the calendar/reminder widget that I had there before so don't know if this is just noob trouble or something been removed.

How long did the install take for you ?

Mines been sat on the Orange logo screen now for about 10, 15 minutes ?

Edited by steve1221

r2 installed and working, just had to reload all the widgets and was away. Nice job Paul. As a matter of interest, if we did have to wipe, dalvik cache and the like, i assume we'd have to wait for koush to come up with a recovery, or is there an other way of doing it that i dont know about?

r2 installed and working, just had to reload all the widgets and was away. Nice job Paul. As a matter of interest, if we did have to wipe, dalvik cache and the like, i assume we'd have to wait for koush to come up with a recovery, or is there an other way of doing it that i dont know about?

You can 'fastboot erase userdata' which is basically a factory reset.

P

Guest steve1221
It shouldn't take that long. :lol:

At which point is it 'on the Orange screen'?

P

Boots to the Android screen, dropped to the Orange square and there's it's sat (just like the institutions say it should) !

Edited by steve1221

Hmmm, that's strange!

You could try the following in this order...

• put the MCR .tar.gz file back on the SD (the install renames it) and try again
  • put the stock image .tar.gz file on the SD and try booting again
  • run 'fastboot erase userdata' with your device in bootloader (note: this is a factory reset!)

P