[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ficosaneil
Hi there,

Did you have to also buy a top-up or did you just pay for the phone? I also have a sim which I ahve not used and if I can only £80 for the phone then I am all over it :)

Hi, the guy only debited my card 79.99, no top up. I just said my mate had got a £20 discount as a payg customer and he was cool

Hi, the guy only debited my card 79.99, no top up. I just said my mate had got a £20 discount as a payg customer and he was cool

Many thanks for confimring that. Could you please let me know what route you followed to speak to this person? I pressume you phoned customer services as an existing customer?

Guest ficosaneil
Many thanks for confimring that. Could you please let me know what route you followed to speak to this person? I pressume you phoned customer services as an existing customer?

Hi mate, I called 0800 792 000, option 1 then option 2. Told him was an existing PAYG customer (he checked my number) and then I told him a friend had recently gotten a £20 PAYG discount, no fuss at all, he sorted in about 2 mins. Due to be delivered tomorrow.

Guest tronads

Can anyone advise if the custom r3 rom fullfills the following :

"This application requires a "rooted"-device and a custom-kernel which supports netfilter (iptables)! "

This is a required specification on some wifi tethering app I was looking at. I know its rooted, its the iptables bit I'm not sure about.

Thanks.

Hi mate, I called 0800 792 000, option 1 then option 2. Told him was an existing PAYG customer (he checked my number) and then I told him a friend had recently gotten a £20 PAYG discount, no fuss at all, he sorted in about 2 mins. Due to be delivered tomorrow.

Many thanks for that. I also managed to get through to a nice enough person to get the £20 discount. However, they insisted on the £10 top-up so it ended up being £90. Still a cracking deal I reckon for what is an excellent budget phone. So glad to be selling my Pulse!

Guest neologan
Can anyone advise if the custom r3 rom fullfills the following :

"This application requires a "rooted"-device and a custom-kernel which supports netfilter (iptables)! "

This is a required specification on some wifi tethering app I was looking at. I know its rooted, its the iptables bit I'm not sure about.

Thanks.

which app was it?

baracle and PDAnet work fine here (apart from the whole wifi-dropping-off issue on the phone) I found PDAnet to work better for tethering because of this.

NEED HELP!

Everything went smoothly until i rebooted after putting the mcri-system.tar.gz file on the sd card. I checked that i had the superuser app, and put the file on the sd card. Then i rebooted and the phone stops and the green android! :) IS THE PHONE BRICKED?! Just got it :) Should i maybe wait longer?

r4 is now online in the kitchen - prebakes to follow!

P

Changelog

r4

• Updated Android Market (2.2 features)
  • Optional A2SD
  • Updated Sound Recorder
  • Updated framework-res and Launcher (remove Orange default wallpaper)
  • Component updates

Guest flash2004
r4 is now online in the kitchen - prebakes to follow!

P

Changelog

r4

• Updated Android Market (2.2 features)
  • Optional A2SD
  • Updated Sound Recorder
  • Updated framework-res and Launcher (remove Orange default wallpaper)
  • Component updates

awesome paul.

What are component updates ?

Guest Skerved

Hmm. I'm a bit confused about how it works. If I cook my own rom with r4 of MoDaCo, will I be able to update my previous version (r3 of MoDaCo) without loosing settings and installed apps and stuff?

Hmm. I'm a bit confused about how it works. If I cook my own rom with r4 of MoDaCo, will I be able to update my previous version (r3 of MoDaCo) without loosing settings and installed apps and stuff?

same question here, i am currentyly using titanium to backup what i need

Guest jimbobvfr400

In theory yes I believe. Just this second done mine and its rebooting so I'll let you know how I get on

In theory yes I believe. Just this second done mine and its rebooting so I'll let you know how I get on

did u choose the update option in clockwork

Also im connected to adb how do i send the file to my phones sd card?

Guest jimbobvfr400

Yes renamed file to update.zip and then booted to recovery (I have quickboot installed which makes this easier)

I just mounted the SD card when I connected it, didn't use adb at all.

Yes renamed file to update.zip and then booted to recovery (I have quickboot installed which makes this easier)

I just mounted the SD card when I connected it, didn't use adb at all.

is quickboot the clockwork method

Guest jimbobvfr400
is quickboot the clockwork method

No. Quick boot is a program on the device that allows booting (either a reboot, recovery or the green man you use with adb) just by clicking a shortcut. Just lazy. Once in clockwork recovery I then flash the update.zip

Edited by jimbobvfr400

Guest robot1000

I don't think that makes any difference to the flashing process.