[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StickyGeko

can any1 offer any help, one of my good friends rooted and flashed r3 onto my SF, but all im getting is constant lagging, errors ie application rom manager(in process com.koushikdutta.rommanager) is not responding, i get a few diff things that flash up sayin is not responding force close

im not very good with these sorts of things hence my mate doin it for me, its rooted and has clockwork on

sorry for the daft question guys , but is r4 only available to download for "ad free" account holders ? cheers

Yeah, but only for now. The precooked one will be available for everyone soon.

Edited by asim18

Guest Winston69

If I choose to remove the stock Orange launcher using the kitchen, how can i install LauncherPro? Don't want both on there really...

Would it be possible using Titanium Backup or would I not be able to access it as there won't be a launcher installed?

Many thanks

Guest bugeyes

@ Paul

got an interesting problem!

just rooted and flashed the mcr rom with Apps to SD on reboot what i'm getting is a boot loop at the modaco logo, re flashed about three times before i took out the sd card , with this gone it rebooted fine.

Now this sd is the old 8gig card from my old hero with a 512 meg ext2 partition formatted using Amon Ra's recovery img (forget the number) now this is my problem how do i get to re format the card to work with the SF? cant reformat with the hero as it took a nasty fall.

Using clockwork's option to format sd-ext i get this:-

E:cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(file exits)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

skipping format...

done.

any help would be great as i'm really missing my storage/a2sd. at the mo stuck with the stock 2gig card and no idea how to get a new partition. can follow instructions well enough, just got very lost with installing a gparted live cd iso on my laptop! so stalled for ideas now.

cheers in advance

Guest bugeyes
If I choose to remove the stock Orange launcher using the kitchen, how can i install LauncherPro? Don't want both on there really...

Would it be possible using Titanium Backup or would I not be able to access it as there won't be a launcher installed?

Many thanks

If you have launcher pro set up on your SF already do a backup from menu button, options and then after you've flashed your new rom. install launcher pro from the market and restore your backup, then all you have to do is restore your widgets.

hope that helps

Guest AndyHibberd

I'm on v3 planning on moving to v4, regarding the transition once it's done will I be able to remove certain apps from that I couldn't before, I'm pointing at Adobe Reader, Touchpal (with the language packs too) i.e. the ones that come preloaded.

I had planned on building a v4 update without them but would assume the v3 ones will be left there?

Previously when I tried to uninstall them it wouldn't let me.

Thanks,

Andy

Guest Winston69
If you have launcher pro set up on your SF already do a backup from menu button, options and then after you've flashed your new rom. install launcher pro from the market and restore your backup, then all you have to do is restore your widgets.

hope that helps

No I am looking for a way to install launcher pro on my first Rom flash without having to install the original launcher, not how to backup It's settings as I'm only receiving my sf today

Guest subvertbeats

Hey Paul

Thanks for r4

About to try installing for my gf.

I noticed your first post still says a list of things planned for future releases that are now delivered :)

Guest sorrowuk

Ok well if you haven't had crashes this rom is definatly slower and laggier than Sebastian404's de-orangeated Rom r4.

So there is something that is causing this. Maybe we should see what it is.

I have tested this 6 times now flashing each one and this custom rom is definately slower. Don't know why. Think some of it is to do with having hardware acceleration on. It actually slows things down.

Guest waj1234
No crashes so far for me as well...

I get freezing for upto 15 seconds and fc too but it is always Launcher pro. I have r3 on it at the mo. I get none with the default launcher though. I have tried uninstalling and re installing but it has same problem, strange. Dont think its MCR though.

Guest AndyHibberd

"sorrowuk" You raise an interesting point regarding hardware acceleration and it's impact on responsiveness.

I noticed my keyboard being really slow so went into settings for a mess about, thought "I don't want to turn off hardware acceleration cos surely that MUST improve things" but hey-ho I turned it off and now there is ZERO lag on my keyboard inputs aka I can type really fast (with word predictions etc).

So my point is, perhaps this hardware acceleration IS doing more harm than good? I have nothing to compare to but it seems you do.

Other's thoughts?