[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Today i get my second Sf from ebay uk, unlike the first one i bought it has a modaco software preinstalled. I have now the problem that i like to use my own baked modaco signed rom from the kitchen. I installed Clockwork (was not installed before) and copy the rom zip on my sd, but when i try install the zip i get an error:

copying files...

E: Cant symlink /system/bin/iwconfig

E. Failure at Line 6:

symlink iwmulticall SYSTEM:bin/iwconfig

Installation aborted.

Than i tried to install a stock Orange System with no Problem also with ClockworkMode.

What im doing wrong? I thought that i might have a corrupted image and downloaded a second time from the kitchen same failure...

EDIT: Installing Sebastians 404 Rom is also sucessfull... why i cant update to MoDaCo ??? Hmmm

Edited by paoloo

anyway know how to get emailed 'pushed' with the gmail app. mine fails to work, i have to click refresh all the time???????

Yep, mine does that too - quite annoying. Gmail IS pushed by default - who do you think makes Android OS? :P

Edited by NexusX

Who's brainwave was it to have this "WaveSecure" shite installed by default? It keeps bugging me to register, AND IT WON'T UNINSTALL!

I appreciate the ROM, but seriously dude... sort it out, please.

Oh, and you CAN just remove via adb...

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk[/code]

Simples.

P

Purged off topic / not relevant / offensive posts, apologies if anybody's content was lost in the clean out.

Please keep posts on topic, relevant and most of all POLITE. MoDaCo is a friendly forum, and anyone trying to threaten that will be excluded.

P

Thanks Paul for the tip, but when i try to remove the titaniumbackup i got following error:

rm com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk

rm: remove 'com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk'? Y

Y

rm: can't remove 'com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk': Read-only file system

what i'm doing wrong? (adb from windows with phone running)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Purged off topic / not relevant / offensive posts, apologies if anybody's content was lost in the clean out.

Please keep posts on topic, relevant and most of all POLITE. MoDaCo is a friendly forum, and anyone trying to threaten that will be excluded.

P

Boooo :P

Thanks Paul for the tip, but when i try to remove the titaniumbackup i got following error:

rm com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk

rm: remove 'com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk'? Y

Y

rm: can't remove 'com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk': Read-only file system

what i'm doing wrong? (adb from windows with phone running)

Do 'adb remount' first. :P

Also, it should be 'rm /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk'.

P

Guest DeDroid

First post :P

Just want to thank Paul and anyone else that may be involved in the development of these roms!

You've made my San Fran even more of a bargain!

Keep up the good work!

Also wanted to note...not sure if its because of R4 but my battery seems to be a little more honest now...before it would shutdown at 8% but its going all the way down now :D

Edited by DeDroid

Would I be correct in thinking that the "default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions" r4 ROM has apps2sd and no wavesecure? Which other Modaco additions are missing from this particular ROM?

Thanks

Guest 2smart4class
Go into settings -> sync and check background sync is enabled?

P

Where is the Sync menu you are referring to??? its not in the Gmail app settings or the SF settings???? thank you for you help Paul.

Would I be correct in thinking that the "default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions" r4 ROM has apps2sd and no wavesecure? Which other Modaco additions are missing from this particular ROM?

Thanks

you have the rom as presented in the kitchen with default options checked

so no app2sd and you've got wavesecure

Guest flatnote31
Where is the Sync menu you are referring to??? its not in the Gmail app settings or the SF settings???? thank you for you help Paul.

From the HOME SCREEN, press the MENU button (mid button in the bottom strip), then choose SETTINGS, then ACCOUNTS & SYNC, then check BACKGROUND DATA

and you're done :P

Guest 2smart4class
From the HOME SCREEN, press the MENU button (mid button in the bottom strip), then choose SETTINGS, then ACCOUNTS & SYNC, then check BACKGROUND DATA

and you're done :P

I have no such option on my San fran..???? there is no accounts and sync menu.. btw im using sebs r4 rom... is this the prob??? thank you flatnote for the quick reply

Guest x.balli.x
Oh, and you CAN just remove via adb...

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk

adb shell rm /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk

Simples.

P

doesn't seems to work for me, this is what i did

adb remount

remount sucessfull!!

adb shell rm /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk

Can't remove /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk ; no directory or file found

what am i missing here?

The first r4 download is with the default options as displayed in the kitchen, the second is the same but without the 'MoDaCo Additions' section - i.e. no Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, Wave Secure or WiFi Indicator.

By request. :P

P