[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flatnote31
I have no such option on my San fran..???? there is no accounts and sync menu.. btw im using sebs r4 rom... is this the prob??? thank you flatnote for the quick reply

errrmm... :P

when you click on MENU->settings, you should see :

- Wireless &Networks

- Call Settings

- Sound & Display

- Location & Security

- Applications

- USB Settings

- Accounts & Sync

- Privacy

- SD card, USB Mass Storage & phone storage

- Search

- Language & Keyboard

- Accessibility

- Text-to-speech

- Date & Time

- About phone

do you see that?

I'm not using Seb's ROM, but that menu is default in Android (as I've seen)

I have just double checked in an HTC Desire running Stock 2.2 Froyo.... Menu is very close but with less combining....

Guest 2smart4class
errrmm... :P

when you click on MENU->settings, you should see :

- Wireless &Networks

- Call Settings

- Sound & Display

- Location & Security

- Applications

- USB Settings

- Accounts & Sync

- Privacy

- SD card, USB Mass Storage & phone storage

- Search

- Language & Keyboard

- Accessibility

- Text-to-speech

- Date & Time

- About phone

do you see that?

I'm not using Seb's ROM, but that menu is default in Android (as I've seen)

I have just double checked in an HTC Desire running Stock 2.2 Froyo.... Menu is very close but with less combining....

I see all of these options except "accounts & sync"????

Guest flatnote31
The first r4 download is with the default options as displayed in the kitchen, the second is the same but without the 'MoDaCo Additions' section - i.e. no Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, Wave Secure or WiFi Indicator.

By request. :D

P

:P ummmmmm :D

after 4 or 5 pages wasted in a debate about "Freedom of Speech"

Guest flatnote31
I see all of these options except "accounts & sync"????

Did you try contacting Sebastian himself for that?

I'd check again if it's been moved on level down in any of the other categories (though I don't see how or why, as Sebastian's made it clear he merely de-orangified the ROM)

Guest 2smart4class
Did you try contacting Sebastian himself for that?

I'd check again if it's been moved on level down in any of the other categories (though I don't see how or why, as Sebastian's made it clear he merely de-orangified the ROM)

have check each and every setting option and no indication of anything related to sync??? Im just considering flashing Paul's r4 rom now..?? would this help?

:P ummmmmm :D

after 4 or 5 pages wasted in a debate about "Freedom of Speech"

I had no problem with NexusX expressing an opinion, I just took offence (with everyone else) about how he did it and his general attitude problem. :D

P

Guest x.balli.x
doesn't seems to work for me, this is what i did

adb remount

remount sucessfull!!

adb shell rm /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk

Can't remove /system/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk ; no directory or file found

what am i missing here?

Paul you missed my question :P

Well, I didn't really, I don't have an answer for you tbh. That's the filename, and that's where it lives... You could do an 'adb shell ls /system/app' and see if you can see it, but I can't imagine why it'd be anywhere else.

P

Guest flatnote31
I had no problem with NexusX expressing an opinion, I just took offence (with everyone else) about how he did it and his general attitude problem. :P

P

I know :D and as I stated earlier on Twt, I do envy you on your patience

Any how, it's irrelevant now :D The skies have cleared....people have a *FREE* r4 with and without Tit/WS/SpPts ....

I see no reason why people shouldn't be grateful!

Cheers for the great work :P

Guest x.balli.x
Well, I didn't really, I don't have an answer for you tbh. That's the filename, and that's where it lives... You could do an 'adb shell ls /system/app' and see if you can see it, but I can't imagine why it'd be anywhere else.

P

i can see it in the system/app/ don't know why its not working :P

Guest 2smart4class

flasnote i installed pauls rom. r4 rom and the menu is there!! thanks for help mate :P

btw does this mean that gmail will push my email from now on and i dont have to keep hittin refresh?

Guest buntoid
although i seem to recalll having accounts and sync when i had the orange stock rom on the phone.. lol..?? how can it just disappear lol???

Had this when I flashed two phones to Seb's de-oranged rom.

To to fix it I had to power down the phone remove the battery and then startup again into recovery and re-flash.

Can't remember if I reverted to my nandroid backup of the stock rom before I flashed again but try it anyway.

Hope that helps

Edited by buntoid

Guest 2smart4class
Had this when I flashed two phones to Seb's de-oranged rom.

To to fix it I had to power down the phone remove the battery and then startup again into recovery and re-flash.

Can't remember if I reverted to my nandroid backup of the stock rom before I flashed again but try it anyway.

Hope that helps

thanks but ive sorted it...ive just put pauls rom on instead lol.. argh i need to get into this android thing.. im a techy but just new to the android, makes me feel like a complete noob lol

Edited by 2smart4class

Guest flatnote31
flasnote i installed pauls rom. r4 rom and the menu is there!! thanks for help mate :P

btw does this mean that gmail will push my email from now on and i dont have to keep hittin refresh?

no worries :D , I'm in the place and trying in vain to find time to learn...

Still I think it'd be useful if you can report this to Sebastian for future releases.

Gmail refreshes fine for me...it's outlook that's bugging me a bit :D

Mind you, if you do that, battery life will be seriously affected and if you're on limited data plan you might not be able to control your usage.

Try both extremes and see for yourself what suits you best :D

r3 had Hardware acceleration, so r4 should have it by default :P (at least that's what I think)

Edited by flatnote31

Guest 2smart4class
no worries :D , I'm in the place and trying in vain to find time to learn...

Still I think it'd be useful if you can report this to Sebastian for future releases.

Gmail refreshes fine for me...it's outlook that's bugging me a bit :P

Mind you, if you do that, battery life will be seriously affected and if you're on limited data plan you might not be able to control your usage.

Try both extremes and see for yourself what suits you best :D

r3 had Hardware acceleration, so r4 should have it by default :D (at least that's what I think)

yep my email is now being pushed instead of polled, brilliant!!!

i use juice defender to limit data connectivity, so auto sync will no drain as much :P

Edited by 2smart4class

Guest rolinux

Hi All,

I've install ClockworkMod recovery on my Orange SF using the http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/ documentation from post 1 ('sudo fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img' but after this was installed and the reboot, there is nothing different on my SF.

The adb was not able to work to copy the r4 (default kitchen options) to the /sdcard/update.zip so I used an microSD adaptor and copied into the card root.

I've restarted the SF with the volume up pressed and nothing. No menu to select and nothing has done.

So my problems are:

- how can I double check that clockworkmod-recovery was installed properly?

- is update.zip enough to get the SF flashed or what do I need to do? Paul's video is with the old method.

- how to make adb on mac working to see /sdcard/ and the rest?

Thank you,

Radu

Problem - I had the Modaco r3 ROM with Villainrom's app2sd installed. I flashed the r4 ROM but have now got stuck in endless reboots that stop at the Modaco boot screen. What has gone wrong? Is it the Villainrom apps2sd which has caused the problem? Is there a way out? Currently restoring a clockwork backup.

The first r4 download is with the default options as displayed in the kitchen, the second is the same but without the 'MoDaCo Additions' section - i.e. no Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, Wave Secure or WiFi Indicator.

By request. :P

P

Paul,

first of all thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into making Android a much better experience for all of us. First with the Pulse and now with the Blade, our phones are so much better thanks to your efforts and MCRs.

However, if you do not mind me doing so, would it be possible to request a prebake with your A2SD included? I have installed a2sd based on the methodology mentioned at villainrom but it rarely ever works.

Many thanks in advance