[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest professordes
Just out of interest, have any of you guys seen a noticeable performance benefit from A2SD?

I've used it in the past on my HTC Magic, but since this phone has more RAM, I haven't bothered this time. So yeah, if the guys who have used A2SD on their ROMs have any comments regarding the performance of their phone with A2SD enabled, I'd appreciate them.

No performance changes, just (quite a lot) more space - I'm finding the SF more fun than an HTC Desire (also with A2SD enabled) since the SF now has so much space available for loading apps.....

Just baked my 1st custom ROM using the kitchen, it's downloaded with a mahooosive filename

'221010-2131-r4-kitchen-update-modacocustomrom-blade-unsigned-MD5-e9e6d7d1c9716ab3230a9cf8ee9e05ec' :D

Did I do something wrong? or do I just need to rename it? :P

Edited by oink1

That's perfectly normal! :P

data-time-romname-md5hash (so you can check the integrity of the file)

P

So I can now add the file to my SD card and install it 'as is' using the clockwork recovery?

Ta :D

Hello :P just got r4 and it so fast ...very good

One thing I am really wonder of ...My "orientation" of the display doesn't work when I am in the "main menu" I still can use it when searching the market or writing sms.

But it wont change in the main menu ..no matter how I will till an rotate my phone

Anyone have this issue..Is there a fix ?

Thanks !

Hello :P just got r4 and it so fast ...very good

One thing I am really wonder of ...My "orientation" of the display doesn't work when I am in the "main menu" I still can use it when searching the market or writing sms.

But it wont change in the main menu ..no matter how I will till an rotate my phone

Anyone have this issue..Is there a fix ?

Thanks !

Same problem here!!

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just so everyone knows (and to save heartache and stress) you can't use Darktremor A2SD with r4. Just bake A2SD into the ROM when building and use that version instead.

Hi guys - I have very intermittent success with Darktremors A2SD on r4, I would really LOVE to have a better Stable version of A2SD for the R4 ROM.

Is my only option to upgrade my account and Bake my own ROM

Or can we get a ZIP of the modified A2SD for clockworkmod so I can patch the A2SD in myself?

Thanks

Guest stuartmc
Just installed my first baked ROM, thanks Paul plus too many others to list. I have installed a2sd and can see that Quickinfo shows it is there. My question is is there anyway to move my existing apps over or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall for them to be moved to the SD card?

Yes I searched and can't find an answer.

Answer found to how does it work . . . . It just does!!! If I understand correctly at boot up it transfers the apps to the SD, now have 108Mb memory free. :P

Guest 2smart4class

does anyone know why flv files are so laggy, choppy on the Sf..?????? I means its barley watchable the audio is lagged and video is choppy.. i have the r4 and rock player any suggestion will be appreciated..

Guest LouisUK

Going by my above post, i am getting a problem using the market app. Whether im using wifi or 3g it doesnt download any apps. Tried a few but was specificly trying to download appinstaller. It just hangs on the downloading screen.

Anyone else got this?

Guest ambisingh
Going by my above post, i am getting a problem using the market app. Whether im using wifi or 3g it doesnt download any apps. Tried a few but was specificly trying to download appinstaller. It just hangs on the downloading screen.

Anyone else got this?

i had the same problem with it not being able to download apps from the market and from searching google i found out that if you go into google voice and press menu then sign out ( you may have to do it more than onece) and then restart the phone you should be able to download apps again from the market i have tried this method on my SF and on an SE X10 both haveing this problem

Anyone else got this?

I have the same problem, and the google voice fix does not work.

Guest tabor56

whenever i get download failed from market I go to applications and clear cache of download manager and market. works about 80% of the time on my pulse and blade.