[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Andy Pick
whenever i get download failed from market I go to applications and clear cache of download manager and market. works about 80% of the time on my pulse and blade.

The market download problem has hit me too. I bought a SF for my wife and used the r3 non clockword mod root image etc. and her phone is great. No issues with market downloads. Cos I liked the phone so much I bought one for myself and decided to go down the route of clockwordmod and used the r4 image on mine. Unfortunately no joy at all with market downloads. Tried loads of stuff and all to no avail so its driving me nuts!!!

Guest MIKEYMC

In case it hasn't been said here, the markets down it seems.

Apparently it can't handle the huge influx of new users buying san franciscos :P

Edited by MIKEYMC

after flash r4, aGPS is not working. it couldnt find location unless use wireless network setting for location is ON. it results outside the tolerance.

previously, r3 ROM could do this. and the result is the precise location. Is there anyone face this problem ?

Thanks.

does anyone know why flv files are so laggy, choppy on the Sf..?????? I means its barley watchable the audio is lagged and video is choppy.. i have the r4 and rock player any suggestion will be appreciated..

What res is your video you are trying to play... this chip can manage about 480x320 iirc... too high bitrate and its chops up....

Thanks Paul et al - installed r4, and delighted. I can't believe how much better the Blade is than my year old Hero (which is being sold as I speak). The screen is miles ahead, and as a device, it is so much snappier and more responsive than my Hero (even when it was running at 691 Mhz). Only concern is the build quality, but ordered a gel case and screen protector off eBay for 3 quid, so with a $3 unlock, plus the £109, it's an absolute steal!

Edited by goatee

Guest LouisUK
after flash r4, aGPS is not working. it couldnt find location unless use wireless network setting for location is ON. it results outside the tolerance.

previously, r3 ROM could do this. and the result is the precise location. Is there anyone face this problem ?

Thanks.

After checking this, seems im having the same problem. A fix for this would make this Rom perfect!

Top job so far.

Guest flatnote31
What res is your video you are trying to play... this chip can manage about 480x320 iirc... too high bitrate and its chops up....

I'm running a 480p MP4 on it and it's totally fine...

it can't play 720p ( at least mine doesn't)

avi's are a hit and miss..... some stuff play, some don't!

i'm using the stock "videoz" and "mixZing"

In case it hasn't been said here, the markets down it seems.

Apparently it can't handle the huge influx of new users buying san franciscos :P

Just got my SF and am frustrated that hardly any downloads from the Market are successful. I haven't upgraded my ROM yet so unless it's a separate problem, the Market is far too busy to handle so many customers. The market needs to be raided by the police - that will scare a lot of people off! ;-)

Just got my SF and am frustrated that hardly any downloads from the Market are successful. I haven't upgraded my ROM yet so unless it's a separate problem, the Market is far too busy to handle so many customers. The market needs to be raided by the police - that will scare a lot of people off! ;-)

Some people are reporting that they are unable to access the market for 3 days now, that's why amazon is taking over (don't know if this will be good or bad)

quick question - have paid my subscription, so would like to 'bake a rom' but only want a few of the optional apps that are available on page one of this thread. Can I just select the ones I want and bake the update.zip file without removing any of the other stuff on my phone, or do I need to start all over again (difficult seeing as the market has gone belly up at the mo).

Yes, I know - major noob question!

Suns

Guest stuartmc

I gave up on the market and switched to Appbrain early on as it allows you to do all the work on the PC and then just sync the apps you want to download to the phone. Try www.appbrain.com. As an android noob this helped me a lot and no I have no affiliation with them just trying to help.

I gave up on the market and switched to Appbrain early on as it allows you to do all the work on the PC and then just sync the apps you want to download to the phone. Try www.appbrain.com. As an android noob this helped me a lot and no I have no affiliation with them just trying to help.

Already tried it, appbrain is somehow connected, at least I try to download using appbrain and the download progress bars can be seen in the market application.

Am I wrong?

I'm having the same problem and appbrain won't help because it downloads apps from the market too. It's very frustrating. I got the phone today, installed r4 (great thanks Paul) and haven't been able to download a single app yet.

Could it be something vital I didn't select when cooking the rom?

Arrgh!! I tried downloading ADW Launcher from their Google code page and although that download it wouldn't install!

Edited by wi11

Guest JamesMcD

Im having the same problem with the Market. Bought my San Fran friday gone, unlocked and R4'd over the weekend, perfect. Come to download apps today, stuck on 'Downloading'. Through the Market or AppBrain 'app'. Hopefully its the market down and not a perminant issue.

Guest Gibbo501
Im having the same problem with the Market. Bought my San Fran friday gone, unlocked and R4'd over the weekend, perfect. Come to download apps today, stuck on 'Downloading'. Through the Market or AppBrain 'app'. Hopefully its the market down and not a perminant issue.

Mine is a standard phone and I couldn't download from the market last night either.

Guest stuartmc

If you keep cancelling the download and retrying it will eventually work. Took 6 attempts to download an update to Google Goggles and several attempts for each download but in the end got all 4 updates and 1 new app.

hello,

short question please (my 1st android experience)

I flashed the modaco r4 (+addons) to the stock phone,

but I really want to get rid of wavesecure.

Can I just flash/overwrite this rom with the "no addition" one

[like i did the 1st time] or is there something special to

keep in mind (wipe...)?

Or is there any other way to erase this programm?

many thanks

Using R4

When you try to connect to a wifi spot that is wpa2 eap it seems to force close

process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly.

how can I fix this?

hello,

short question please (my 1st android experience)

I flashed the modaco r4 (+addons) to the stock phone,

but I really want to get rid of wavesecure.

Can I just flash/overwrite this rom with the "no addition" one

[like i did the 1st time] or is there something special to

keep in mind (wipe...)?

Or is there any other way to erase this programm?

many thanks

You can use Android Commander to delece the com.wsandroid.apk.

Guest tambourine_man

Thanks.

I also have this problem.

Considering going back to R3.

Anyone else?

Using R4

When you try to connect to a wifi spot that is wpa2 eap it seems to force close

process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly.

how can I fix this?

Hi there, there's a post about this problem

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...reless-network/

I have the same problem and will try the announced "solution", give it a try if you can

Guest flatnote31

umm...not sure if anyone's stumbled upon this before... but the task manager on r4 (default option) forces close when trying to check resources :P