[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Ok, finaly my phone was rommed..

Had to wipe data cache to get the rom going from the evil cycle of start picture flashing repeatedly over and over and over again.

Ok

SO!!!

I found a bug. Now that i started the phone it works fine. Until the screen blacks out. When that happens the screen won't come back on. I will take a wide of this and post it to youtube asap. Video of rom, no screen + some other stupidity on my part + no red color.

Ok, had to put data roaming on so i could get an gprs working for some reason 3G won't work.

Ok for some reason, i had to register from manual selections to my network provider 3G works now. I think this is due the SIM-LOCK thing since my Huawei started to say, "register to network before connect" it dropped the connection

I had to use the "free sim lock key" forum...

So the colors are screwed, red is magenta maybe? Dunno about colors. (blue)

edit

Atleast Angry birds work faster... :P

More bugs,

Camera won't work

Getting Unknown values on almost all values.

I'm thinkin this is due the fact that i have 5Mpix cam in my phone maby it is little different than san francisco model

I have a rom backup if that helps paul to figure out some things?

Edited by JoneK

Another new Saunalahti user here.

Installed this, but I keep getting SIM lock code request. Tried with all provided versions with same results. The phone should not be SIM-locked and it works fine with FLB-Froyo. Any possible solutions?

Is there any way of doing a 'full wipe' of data ? i have updated from r3 to r4 and several of the apps got 'lost' on the way. they are still there on 'manage' apps but i cannot delete them or re-install them. i have wiped personal data and still having problem. can anybody help?

Got my ZTE Blade yesterday, my first android phone. Found this forum 2 days ago, found the posts and tools very helpful indeed. Bought my 1 year membership :P

So I rooted, installed superuser and ClockworkMod Recovery and cooked a custom ROM and flashed the Blade using ClockworkMod Recovery all within the space of 1 hour. Everything works a treat.

One caveat! My battery seems to drain quite quickly.. any ideas on how to extend it at all?

Regards,

Aleks

Guest RoccoSiffredi
Got my ZTE Blade yesterday, my first android phone. Found this forum 2 days ago, found the posts and tools very helpful indeed. Bought my 1 year membership :P

So I rooted, installed superuser and ClockworkMod Recovery and cooked a custom ROM and flashed the Blade using ClockworkMod Recovery all within the space of 1 hour. Everything works a treat.

One caveat! My battery seems to drain quite quickly.. any ideas on how to extend it at all?

Regards,

Aleks

Found that too but it also recharges very quickly.

Guest RoccoSiffredi
Is there any way of doing a 'full wipe' of data ? i have updated from r3 to r4 and several of the apps got 'lost' on the way. they are still there on 'manage' apps but i cannot delete them or re-install them. i have wiped personal data and still having problem. can anybody help?

Root the phone then use BusyBox and Titanium Backup to remove.

Guest Polythene

This has probably been asked many times. Is it possible to (or advisable) to install Apps to the SD card using this rom?

If so, is the stock 2GB SD card of a high enough class?

Guest hilguera

I'm struggling to install the modaco custom rom (r4) using clockworkmod. With the r4 update zip on the sd card and going through 'apply sdcard:update.zip' the install starts to copy the files but then fails with the error message:

"E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420: write_raw_image_ PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT: Installation aborted."

I've tried this with a couple of different roms and with a data and cache wipe with no joy. I'm completely stumped; any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest bugmenot
I'm struggling to install the modaco custom rom (r4) using clockworkmod. With the r4 update zip on the sd card and going through 'apply sdcard:update.zip' the install starts to copy the files but then fails with the error message:

"E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420: write_raw_image_ PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT: Installation aborted."

I've tried this with a couple of different roms and with a data and cache wipe with no joy. I'm completely stumped; any suggestions would be appreciated.

I get the same message.

Deleting files...
Formatting BOOT:...
E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420:
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT: Installation aborted.[/codebox]

I get the same message.

Deleting files...
Formatting BOOT:...
write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT: Installation aborted.[/codebox]

I have tried to flash my new SF with this ROM and got the same error message in Clockwork. However phone was flashed somehow, my guess is that it read a zip file during the boot and flashed the phone as described in Paul's video about SuperBoot. Is this possible? Or is there any other explanation how my phone got flashed even if I got error in Clockwork? :P

Guest bugmenot
I have tried to flash my new SF with this ROM and got the same error message in Clockwork. However phone was flashed somehow, my guess is that it read a zip file during the boot and flashed the phone as described in Paul's video about SuperBoot. Is this possible? Or is there any other explanation how my phone got flashed even if I got error in Clockwork? :P

Mine's stuck on the green android after boot. Have to restore backup to get it to boot.

Mine's stuck on the green android after boot. Have to restore backup to get it to boot.

Was the same for me, but taking battery out and putting it back solved it. I guess device was stucked in "service" mode.

The flash error is due to the new clockworkmod, i'll be updating the ROM to support it today.

P

Oh good , be waiting for that so can use me phone again !

Guest Woshmistro

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

HELP! It won't load! It's stuck on the android!

I can still get on ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.3. Please tell me exactly what to do, I'm really confused now!

Just flashed mine and got the same error. I too now have the phone stuck on the Android logo :D

*Update*

Fixed !! I just put the phone back in bootloader mode (turn phone on holding volume up) and put the previous version of ClockworkMod Recovery (2.5.0.9) on the phone using fastboot again. This time the ROM installed successfully and the phone works again. I suggest you do the same :P

Edited by BurnCK

Guest lazarus_mub

Hey All. Got my son the Blade and so far it's been very impressive. Currently it's running Modaco r4 ROM which is also very good.

Trouble is I'm struggling to get the A2SD thing thing to work. I had it working on VillainROM but Modaco r4 just says the SD card is damaged.

What I did:

1. Formatted the SD card in the phone first. (it's an 8GB Class 6 card)

2. Booted my PC using the current gparted CD and created the partitions.

3. Booted the phone into recovery mode

4. Plugged it into the PC

5. Used the Mount function in Clockworkmod menus.

6. Opened gparted

gparted can see the card but claims it is "unallocated". I know it's formatted OK because I did a test file transfer.

7. Re-partition the card away by adding a FAT32 Partition and a 512MB EXT2 partition (in that order).

8. Selected umount in Clockworkmod

9. Unplugged the USB cable

10. Rebooted phone.

The phone boost ok but I get a "Damaged SD Card" message and the offer to reformat it.

I tried having the EXT2 partition first instead of the FAT32 but got much the same result.

I've also tried putting the SD card into my Desire Z and using ROM Manager to partition. I realise this use EXT3 but I wanted to use gparted to reformat the EXT3 partition to EXT2 however gparted just says it's "unallocated" meaning not partitioned or formatted.

I've tried a few different partition sizes and tried both the blade and the Desire Z as the host for the SD Card to connect it to the PC. I don't have a card reader unfortunately.

It seems like a ROM issue because this worked fine for VillainROM though I'm happy to be wrong. I've read plenty about this whole process and I think I've tried all I can but if anyone can point out were I've gone wrong please let me know.

Thanks all,

mub

Guest Woshmistro
Just flashed mine and got the same error. I too now have the phone stuck on the Android logo :D

*Update*

Fixed !! I just put the phone back in bootloader mode (turn phone on holding volume up) and put the previous version of ClockworkMod Recovery (2.5.0.9) on the phone using fastboot again. This time the ROM installed successfully and the phone works again. I suggest you do the same :P

Yea, thats what I did and now it works, but the r4 doesn't, when it loads up the android programs stop working and had to quit so the screen just went blank, is there a good froyo rom somewhere without the weird resolution?

Edited by Woshmistro

Guest Woshmistro

AH! I forgot to format before install, ok it seems to work.

UPDATE

I have the "no MoDaCo Additions" r4 which is working well, but I can't sign into the Market or Google talk, it keeps showing the anti robot image you have to type in, i do it correctly, it goes to sign in then asks again. What could that be?

UPDATE

It suddenly started working and I signed in, now I have my first ever apps! YAY!

Edited by Woshmistro

Guest leavitnow

Thank you Paul, life is easier without orange junks.

Can you please advise, if possible, ????

How can i uninstall WaveSecure installed on this ROM?

i have downloaded the rom to get rid of orange junks, done, thank you for this.... now wave secure opens everytime i start the phone and it says "cant connect to internet (however wifi and 3g is enabled/connected) ... This may be lost/stolen phone"

how can i uninstall this, i do not want to use it (no offence to your hard work)

Please advise.

many thanks.

Thank you Paul, life is easier without orange junks.

Can you please advise, if possible, ????

How can i uninstall WaveSecure installed on this ROM?

i have downloaded the rom to get rid of orange junks, done, thank you for this.... now wave secure opens everytime i start the phone and it says "cant connect to internet (however wifi and 3g is enabled/connected) ... This may be lost/stolen phone"

how can i uninstall this, i do not want to use it (no offence to your hard work)

Please advise.

many thanks.

If you can't uninstall it via the Task Manager then I presume you'll have to become a paid member and create a ROM without WaveSecure using the online kitchen.

Guest leavitnow
If you can't uninstall it via the Task Manager then I presume you'll have to become a paid member and create a ROM without WaveSecure using the online kitchen.

Task manager can only kill it, how can i uninstall it completely from the device? i am very new into this community and this is the only issue have right now.

please advise, appreciated.

Ok, finaly my phone was rommed..

Had to wipe data cache to get the rom going from the evil cycle of start picture flashing repeatedly over and over and over again.

Ok

SO!!!

I found a bug. Now that i started the phone it works fine. Until the screen blacks out. When that happens the screen won't come back on. I will take a wide of this and post it to youtube asap. Video of rom, no screen + some other stupidity on my part + no red color.

So the colors are screwed, red is magenta maybe? Dunno about colors. (blue)

edit

Atleast Angry birds work faster... ;)

More bugs,

Camera won't work

Getting Unknown values on almost all values.

I'm thinkin this is due the fact that i have 5Mpix cam in my phone maby it is little different than san francisco model

I have a rom backup if that helps paul to figure out some things?

I have the same problem with the screen colors. We both seem to have the finnish/saunalahti -model which has the 5mpix camera. Quick comparison with a photo with manipulated hue looks the same. I don't know how to express this clearly; if the value scale for hue is in range from -180 to +180, the "normal" is 0. When the hue is either -180 or +180, the picture looked like something what we see in our phones. So no colors are missing ( I guess ).

My problems began when I first tried the superboot+mcri for rooting. Then the colors changed, but the original ROM booted. I had the exact same issues that JoneK is presenting in his video. AND my camera didn't work either. No change with Clockwork+Modaco-ROM.

And check this: Finnish owner's manual says the largest SD-card supported is 8gb, the english says 16gb, and Wikipedia says 32gb. Go figure. :P

E: Flashed back to stock-ROM and all works fine. Seems there's something else than just a bad ROM going on, since the the color-problem appears now only when I boot into the clockwork-recovery.

Edited by MawKKe

Guest SnowblindFIN

Hi, im getting this ZTE Blade phone. Problem is its a slightly customized finnish operator (Saunalahti) phone. It has TFT screen instead of amoLED(?) and 5mpix camera. I have heard results of putting Modaco rom inside and having problems (screen freeze, too small icons etc. because of the different drivers i suppose.

So is there a slight possibility to create a custom rom for us? ;)

If you need some ROM dump i can provide it on next week.