[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sledges
Are you sure you're not using an old version? Check the MD5 against post 1.

P

Dear Paul,

Yes, I used the old version. Refreshing the browser revealed the new MD5 ;)

for installation via ClockworkMod Recovery: r4 (default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 05c8445bd0c5a19136d8955fe5baa542

My goal is to have USB tethering enabled (I must make a USB-wired network link between ZTE Blade and my computer. Cannot use WiFi/BT.

How could I do this? Is there a kernel source for this that I could recompile after enabling RNDIS ?

Thanks heaps!

-- 

sledge

Hi Paul,

once again, thank you for your great work.

Just one small question, since this version (2.1) is a very stable one, will you consider to add TFT support for this?

Could you also explain to me, if the support to TFT's is that much different in terms of OS than OLED, or it's a "drivers" matter?

Thanks

Guest thomasboyd

I've upgraded my previously rooted and working fine blade to the clockworkMod Recovery: r4 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions)

Now I can't connect to a phone network.

If i search for networks i get a 'error while searching for networks' message

If i select automatically i get 'your SIM card does not allow connection to this network'

Whats going on?!?!

the rom is quite good, but i dont like personalized boot screens which refer to any person or group. that's why i would prefer to see the boot screen of FLB-Froyo G2 r3a release. is it easy to change that by replacing a file in the zip-file?

Guest thomasboyd
I've upgraded my previously rooted and working fine blade to the clockworkMod Recovery: r4 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions)

Now I can't connect to a phone network.

If i search for networks i get a 'error while searching for networks' message

If i select automatically i get 'your SIM card does not allow connection to this network'

Whats going on?!?!

Still causing me a major problem! no point in having a phone without a phone network!

the rom is quite good, but i dont like personalized boot screens which refer to any person or group. that's why i would prefer to see the boot screen of FLB-Froyo G2 r3a release. is it easy to change that by replacing a file in the zip-file?

This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from going Ad Free at the mo. I would really like to see a bootscreen option added to the kitchen. If using MCR 2.1 r4, this shouldn't be a problem for you ladiko, as you can upload a custom .png sequence for the boot, but in other ROMS the same fix doesn't seem to work AFAIK (particularly thinking of MCR 2.2 a3/a4, please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Edit: ^^A non-issue for me now; awaiting news on the stock lockscreen...

Edited by weba

Guest thomasboyd
Still causing me a major problem! no point in having a phone without a phone network!

okay so I tried putting the 7/Dec alpha3 / alpha4 WIP: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM and I can now connect to my phone network.

proving that its a bug with the ROM and not me being an idiot.

I think it has somthing to do with a 'roaming' setting, has anyone got this rom working on the giff gaff network?!

Guys I need help big time.

I have the recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade file sitting in a folder that I created, named "Fastboot" which includes the zipped fastboot files.

I just cant for the life of me get it to run in Command Prompt.

Any help ??

post-792163-1291847395_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul,

sorry to repost this question, but I've got a friend and my sister waiting on this reply to buy their SF, will this R4 ever be compatible with TFT? They prefer a stable version (2.1) to an alpha version (2.2).

Thanks,

L. Pinho

To those having a problem getting a data connection with r4:

Get the apns-conf.xml from alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip, it's in /system/etc/

Overwriting the one in r4 worked for me on Orange payg.

I'll be updating this ROM to R5 (TFT compatible) early next week. :)

P

:)

I think ZTE should give you part of their earnings, this site and your work are the main reason I bought my San Francisco, thank you!!!

Guest The Hiphopapotamus

Evening - I hope someone in here can help me. I have installed this onto my Blade, with all seeming well and it installing fine, however now whenever the phone locks, I cannot unlock it as the screen just stays black. Have I done something wrong somewhere? There is no way of me doing anything once it locks, so it is essentially unusable at the moment....

Many apologies if this has already been covered, but I saw the thread was 50 pages long!

EDIT

Ok, so from looking back through some of the posts here it seems I have a TFT version (it's the white one if that makes any difference) so I should wait until next week for the next version of this ROM?

Apologies for the seemingly stupid questions, this is my first foray into the Android world.

Edited by The Hiphopapotamus

I'll be updating this ROM to R5 (TFT compatible) early next week. :)

P

Fantastic! I really do appreciate the ROMs that you bosh out for us. (I'm sure we all do :))

Edited by Odes1

Guest Princas
Guys I need help big time.

I have the recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade file sitting in a folder that I created, named "Fastboot" which includes the zipped fastboot files.

I just cant for the life of me get it to run in Command Prompt.

Any help ??

Easy when you do all the thins line x:/fastboot/fastboot-windows.exe flash x:/fastboot/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade

and it will work

Guest Exit Strategy

Before with the previous rom I was using I could at least get a GPS signal even if it was in the wrong place. Now I get nothing with or without Wifi and have tried downloading GPS status and playing around with the settings. I'm on Vodafone can anyone help?