[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mario999

Some people seem to be having problems rooting the device, but went as smooth as butter for me.

* Downloaded both the fastboot file and r2 Superboot / MCRi file,

* Placed the r2 Superboot / MCRi file(image) into the now unzipped fastboot folder.

* Moved this fastboot folder directly onto the C:/ drive on my PC.

* Turned off phone and pulled battery, replaced battery, then powered up phone. (Power+Volume up)

* It stops On the Green Android, plugged in USB cable, left it to do its thing and Windows 7 installed a fastboot driver.

* Opened a command prompt on the PC (type cmd into windows search box) and you should get something similar to C:\users\home>

* Type> cd c:\fastboot <(puts you in the fastboot folder)

* Then copy and paste the following into the command prompt on your PC and press enter> fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img < (you should get a message to say its done)

* Next copy and paste this and hit enter> fastboot-windows reboot <

* Finally leave your phone to do its thing and in about 5 or so minutes it will have rebooted and you should have Root access.

Hope this helps someone. - Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move.

Edited by mario999

Guest fradleyp

renamed the downloaded file to this mcri-system.tar.gz, but my phone just reboots as normal. with build OUK_etc. everything went fine with the fasboot part?

and it is still called mcri-system.tar.gz on my SD

does the SD card need to be renamed or the file?

Edited by fradleyp

Guest flash2004

Hi Paul,

Installed the MCR today. Worked like a charm the first time !! Many thanks for this.. fabulous work.

This is much snappier than the pulse :lol:

Just a quick question though > This doesn't have a2sd ??

Guest fradleyp
Did you flash the MCRi boot image first?

P

this is exactly what I have done

•Download r2 Superboot / MCRi for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 23bc7f6ad183e7e433d06953445ff1ab

•Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

•Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

•Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

•Plug the phone into the PC.

•Extract the fastboot zip file.

•From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img' (subsituting fastboot-mac or fastboot-linux as required)

•When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting fastboot-mac or fastboot-linux as required)

•Done!

then I downloaded mcri-system-blade-mcr-r2.tar, renamed it to mcri-system.tar.gz and placed it in the root of SD card

when I rebooted it just boots as normal.

all this first stage of installing fastboot seem to go ok, it said ok and ok when I typed 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img' , it rebooted from the green man after I typed 'fastboot-windows reboot'

Guest tambourine_man

So if it is a driver issue, where can I find a driver? I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

I have tried windows update but nothing works.

Also when I enter adb-windows i get a log list of writing. How can I produce a log file from this as a screenshot won't fit it in?

THanks

Edited by tambourine_man

Guest fradleyp

sorted pal thanks alot. removed .gz from the file and Bob's your aunties brother an all that

do I have to leave the .flashed file on the SD card?

Edited by fradleyp

Thanks Mario, the issue I and some others seem to be having is that we cant find a working driver for XP bizarrely.

In xp I pointed the driver search to flibblesan win7 drivers and it intalled enough to get fastboot and stuff working.

I also had issues with .gz.gz anyone having problems just try removing a .gz and see how you get on

So if it is a driver issue, where can I find a driver? I am running Windows 7 32 bit.

I have tried windows update but nothing works.

Also when I enter adb-windows i get a log list of writing. How can I produce a log file from this as a screenshot won't fit it in?

THanks

Have you tried

Control panel, device manager, right click on the computer name and select 'add legacy hardware' and then select 'install the hardware that I manually select from a list' and select adb interface then from the next list select fastboot interface (google USB ID)

I had to faff about within Win7 device manager to get rooting to work

FTD

Guest Nik Louch

I have just installled this, really impressed!

Just curious though - the phone UI seems very jerky, scrolling is far from smooth etc...

Is this normal on this device?

Guest tambourine_man

Aye Aye...

Really puzzled. Here is a screenshot of my device manager, looks to me like the driver is installed? As if not, surely I would be left hanging in the cmd screen and it would say <waiting for device>

Because it doesn't say that, I assume the drivers are correct. Yet there is the yellow exclamation for the Google USB ID, which in Properties says this device cannot start.

Also when I look at the SD card after it doesn't say flashed, so it clearly isn't flashing the file on the SD.

The second screenshot shows the device manager when i first attach the phone and usb, before I have tried the flash. There is one USB Google with the error mark for some reason and no Android - this only appears when the phone has got to the Orange Logo screen. I have tried playing around with the driver for the USB Google Fast boot Interface but with no success. SoIf i click properties it says the device cannot start, yet if I try to update the driver it then says

"windows has determined the driver is up to date" see 3rd screenshot

Is it a driver problem as there seems to be no flashing taking place?

I am certain the filename on the SD is correct - I uploaded a screenshot with the info showing this. COuld there be a problem with the SD card, but then why would my laptop read it and me be able to add files? So it says the device cannot start, yet if I try to update the driver it then says

"windows has determined the driver is up to date"

Is there a debug file I can post, or some way of finding out exactly what version etc is currently on the phone?

Or should I try retuning it to Orange and starting afresh? Will they take it back?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks agian.

post-765848-1285709808_thumb.jpg

post-765848-1285713257_thumb.jpg

post-765848-1285713546_thumb.png

Edited by tambourine_man

Guest thepearce

Excellent - my issue turned out to be just the "hide file extensions" problem. As I had to use Win 7 to do this I used a laptop I never normally use (and not properly set up).

Absolute doddle once the file was renamed to .gz instead of .gz.gz

Thanks.

hi managed to root the phone but cant get custom rom to install despite renaming file ext.can a flashed rom be uploaded please,thanks

Noob alert - if I flash the ROM I take it I'll then lose all the apps I have already installed? Will I be able to reinstall any paid-for apps without having to pay again? Thanks

Guest flash2004
Noob alert - if I flash the ROM I take it I'll then lose all the apps I have already installed? Will I be able to reinstall any paid-for apps without having to pay again? Thanks

Paid-for apps can be installed from the market again for free, as long as you have logged in through the same google account

Paul i know you have given your life up sine the last 4 days for the blade but can you please help a newbie and upload a flashed rom as when i put the custom rom on the sd card and run the rooting software it does nothing to the ROM in the card.Tried rooting then adding ROM to sd card and also rooting with ROM on card.Tried renaming the file also put renamed and original ROM on sd card but no cigar :lol:

Running Windows 7 64bit and flashes ok but just does not want to stop at the Orange logo

Many thanks

Guest steve1221
Paul i know you have given your life up sine the last 4 days for the blade but can you please help a newbie and upload a flashed rom as when i put the custom rom on the sd card and run the rooting software it does nothing to the ROM in the card.Tried rooting then adding ROM to sd card and also rooting with ROM on card.Tried renaming the file also put renamed and original ROM on sd card but no cigar :lol:

Running Windows 7 64bit and flashes ok but just does not want to stop at the Orange logo

Many thanks

You 'might' have the same problem I was having. The flash file ended in .gz twice due to hidden files being on in windows file manager.

Try editing the flash by taking off the last .gz (so all you see is mcri-system.tar ) and see if it flashes then.