Share your camera pics here

Guest PaulOBrien

Have you tried taking a pic with the back cover off... omfg its like twice the quality when in good light.. all I can think is that the lens cover is utter shte.. I'll post some tests soon to show

Guest oliphillips
Have you tried taking a pic with the back cover off... omfg its like twice the quality when in good light.. all I can think is that the lens cover is utter shte.. I'll post some tests soon to show

Interesting. Looking forward to your update!

Heres one through window..

same as before - left on - right off

I think the qual speaks for itself.. - the only thing.. whats the solution to changing that lens cover !

post-21567-1292411028_thumb.jpg

Guest RottenFoxBreath

I just popped mine off, from inside the case, it's only held on with some sticky tape, and it comes off whole, so if you need to, you can stick it back on with a dot of glue.

The lens sits that far back in the case, it shouldn't be an issue.

Guest Arr Too

Remember that the cover is there to protect the camera (and the rest of the internals!), and some loss of light is inevitable and will obviously lower the image quality. But that area can also see a lot of activity; when I got my SanFran I noticed that there was a fingerprint-like smudge on the lens cover, so I tried to wipe it clean -- then I realised it was on the inside! I think it arrived there thanks to the slightly careless lady at Orange who opened up the phone to put the SIM and battery in to check it was working before I was allowed anywhere near it (denying me the pleasure of opening the virgin box).

Guest The Soup Thief

Christ almighty! Really amazed at the difference there! Not gonna keep the lens cover off as I'm bound to get the phone stuffed with the jam / custard / etc that usually obscures my poxy photos

Maybe there's a gap in the aftersales market for some Chinese factory to produce tiny little slivers of decent quality glass to replace the plastic bit?

Or maybe I should just use my camera if I want to take proper photos

Lovely find though kuji

Guest oliphillips
Heres one through window..

same as before - left on - right off

I think the qual speaks for itself.. - the only thing.. whats the solution to changing that lens cover !

Yeah, big difference. I wonder why they used such a s*** quality cover!

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Remember that the cover is there to protect the camera (and the rest of the internals!)

Not really, have you noticed the expanded plastic "ring" that's on the inside of the back cover, which sits flush with the phone internal.

So when the plastic lens cover is removed, the only part that could get any crap on it, is the lens.

For me, the better quality image, won, over the shite plastic they put on there, and as a ton of other phones have exposed lenses, I can't see it being an issue, especially if you use a phone sock or case.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest dadashi
4n8snm.png

Showing off my setup, more then any thing. The photo is pretty crap, haha!

that's from work isn't it?...at home you'd have to bridge your meter if your running 24/7...

Guest dadashi

The "alpha" froyo roms floating around have much better camera picture quality software and real VGA video recording in better quality...

Anyone figured out how to update the camera software in eclair without having to install an alpha froyo?