[ROM] MIUI Liquid 11.05 (v0.7)

Guest koudelka

I'm on it, gimmie a min and it will be done :lol:

Awesome, and if you want to.. answer my PM with instructions on how-to B)

I'd like to be able to get w/e I want without asking around B)

There we go:

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/wallpaper016.jpg/

I assumed it was this one B) Enjoy!

Thanks! That's the one, and now I just noticed I've lost my usb cable somewhere in my bed.. gah..

I love this latest release.. Now my phone actually vibrates when someone calls and when I receive a sms. 3G and 2G works, wifi works.. Everything works for me. Hopefully setCPU still works and I really hope OpenAlarm still works, cause if that doesn't work I'm screwed on monday B)

Thanks everyone who's working on this rom :lol:

Guest koudelka
I tried .30 before, but cannot find the mobile network.

I'm back to .29 now, reboot when using camera.

Do NOT wipe when upgrading to v0.3.1 (9.30)

Edited by koudelka

Guest akira.pwr
HELLO~~~Could anyone tell me how many rom & ram left after flash?

What apps inculde in default? can i remove it manually after flash?

If you have liquid E, I heard the left ram is about 180 Mb because there is a ram leak about 30%, apps included are standard (music, gallery etc) + some MIUI apps like MIUI backup, and one with chinese label, it's a link to a chinese site for something like a registration, Koudelka have included others like gmaps and latin IME kb.

If you want you can delete what you don't like with root explorer or something else.

I'm trying it with cpu freq at 384 Mhz max, it's smooth and fast anyway, oc is really useless...

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest grooltor
mine rebooted when turning of WIFI or enabling APN yesterday(dont really remeber) when i was in the hurry for work, got late cus that B) need my streaming music when bicycling to work

And i cant add facebook in accounts, it shows up as a option but nothing happens, i really like those happy faces in my contact list

Yeah, Facebook sync is the feature I miss the most :lol:

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Just tried this ROM: beautiful!

3 questions:

Has this rom the touch patch?

Is the market unlocked?

How do you plan to fix non functional hardware?

Guest TheShak

Just loaded this and it looks grat so far... no problems except the Auto Brighness seems a bit trigger happy. Plan to use this for the rest of the day post a list of findings...

Cheers

Guest koudelka
Just loaded this and it looks grat so far... no problems except the Auto Brighness seems a bit trigger happy. Plan to use this for the rest of the day post a list of findings...

Cheers

Auto brightness is not working, use manual =)

Guest akira.pwr

EDIT: MIUI rom works fine on 4.002.02 bin after wipes.

EDIT2: Italian language pack works on .30 (V3.1).

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest koudelka
EDIT: MIUI rom works fine on 4.002.02 bin after wipes.

EDIT2: Italian language pack works on .30 (V3.1).

any clean language pack update (update.zip that only replaces apk and one system jar) should work. there is no reason why it would not work, as long as it is for the same miui version. just check so it does not replace some other things like libs... =)

Edited by koudelka

Guest sunshine333

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere:

When I install this rom I don't have any network connection. No calling, no data. I've wiped everything manually as directed (dalvik, cache, factory reset). Did I wipe something I shouldn't have? I'm using the newest leak from yesterday. Other roms flashed on this leak don't have the same problem.

Guest akira.pwr

any clean language pack update (update.zip that only replaces apk and one system jar) should work. there is no reason why it would not work, as long as it is for the same miui version. just check so it does not replace some other things like libs... =)

[/quote

When I tried first time on .29, language package didn't work, I don't know why...

Guest koudelka
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere:

When I install this rom I don't have any network connection. No calling, no data. I've wiped everything manually as directed (dalvik, cache, factory reset). Did I wipe something I shouldn't have? I'm using the newest leak from yesterday. Other roms flashed on this leak don't have the same problem.

you should wipe before you install the rom, not after... if you wipe after you will clean cache and thats where radio (calling data) is stored.

Guest akira.pwr
you should wipe before you install the rom, not after... if you wipe after you will clean cache and thats where radio (calling data) is stored.

@Koudelka: have you any news about a new version with fixes?

Guest TheShak

Hi guys and gals,

Here's what I've come across using this wonderful port...with an excellent UI speed and smooth flow.

Flashed on Acer_LiquidE_4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.03.bin with Malez 0.6 using Mission Impossible UI (MIUI) V0.3 with V0.3.1 update applied - English

This is not an exhaustive list... to story so far...

1. Settings -> SD Card & Phone storage = FC

2. Sometimes get SIM unlock network message twice, even though on the first one the SIM is unlocked so just pressed cancel on 2nd request.

3. Bit’s of Chinese here and there, e.g. Two apps on the main screen one looks like a Folder (I believe you can change the name) and the other looks like app with a green up arrow – don’t know what that is.. Also in the dialler when entering a new number the options to add or search contacts are in Chinese...

4. Wi-Fi Tether option fails with an error, then when trying to go back to using normal Wi-Fi (it keeps on trying to activate but gets stuck in a loop) – so you have to reboot to get to using Wi-Fi

5. Market, 3G, Data, Flash, Superuser etc. all work great! No automatic reboots etc.

So, pretty stable and useable for normal use

Cheers

Guest koudelka
@Koudelka: have you any news about a new version with fixes?

no, I still have no logcat. And the hardware that is missing (lightsensor, proximity) is the same problem on other custom roms ;) and have not figured out how to fix that (they are working, but wrong settings values)

Hi guys and gals,

Here's what I've come across using this wonderful port...with an excellent UI speed and smooth flow.

Flashed on Acer_LiquidE_4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.03.bin with Malez 0.6 using Mission Impossible UI (MIUI) V0.3 with V0.3.1 update applied - English

This is not an exhaustive list... to story so far...

1. Settings -> SD Card & Phone storage = FC

2. Sometimes get SIM unlock network message twice, even though on the first one the SIM is unlocked so just pressed cancel on 2nd request.

3. Bit’s of Chinese here and there, e.g. Two apps on the main screen one looks like a Folder (I believe you can change the name) and the other looks like app with a green up arrow – don’t know what that is.. Also in the dialler when entering a new number the options to add or search contacts are in Chinese...

4. Wi-Fi Tether option fails with an error, then when trying to go back to using normal Wi-Fi (it keeps on trying to activate but gets stuck in a loop) – so you have to reboot to get to using Wi-Fi

5. Market, 3G, Data, Flash, Superuser etc. all work great! No automatic reboots etc.

So, pretty stable and useable for normal use

Cheers

1. I dont know why, and I have no logcat :(

2. yes, this is same for other roms that use same way to get RIL working (phh froyo, CM6,..) just press cancel on 2nd request :(

3. Yes some parts are not translated, some string people have not managed to find where they are stored. and some things they have hard coded (or have text in image) so it is not easy to fix translation for that. You can rename that folder to english name :P

4. We still don't have wifi driver that supports AP mode that android 2.2 uses, Xian has been working on it but not working yet. (I hope Acer will release their sources soon :P, and hopefully upgrade their kernel also so its not .29). I believe the liquid tether app would still work though :)

Edited by koudelka

Guest TheShak
no, I still have no logcat. And the hardware that is missing (lightsensor, proximity) is the same problem on other custom roms ;) and have not figured out how to fix that (they are working, but wrong settings values)

1. I dont know why, and I have no logcat :(

2. yes, this is same for other roms that use same way to get RIL working (phh froyo, CM6,..) just press cancel on 2nd request :(

3. Yes some parts are not translated, some string people have not managed to find where they are stored. and some things they have hard coded (or have text in image) so it is not easy to fix translation for that. You can rename that folder to english name :P

4. We still don't have wifi driver that supports AP mode that android 2.2 uses, Xian has been working on it but not working yet. (I hope Acer will release their sources soon :P, and hopefully upgrade their kernel also so its not .29). I believe the liquid tether app would still work though :)

Thanks for the info. However, after all these issues, for me it's still miles better than the crappy Acer UI and now the dated Android UI... :( maybe I should learn chinese...

Greetz

Guest koudelka
Not bad at all!!! But until that ROM is fully functional and at least in plain english...it won´t see my phone! :)

what part functionality are you missing? ;) and this rom is close to 100% in english