Post your Home screen!

Guest Spooke

Guest chall32
Thanks for the new weather widget mate.

Just one thing though. Do you find it eats up your battery? Maybe its because I have it on my three home screens. Is there any way to lock one widget on more than one screen?

No problem.

No I don't find that it eats battery at all, but I do only have it on one screen.

I've looked via Battery use (Menu> Settings > About Phone > Battery Use) and via Spare Parts app. Weather Forecast doesn't show up at all in battery use. In spare parts it does show in Battery history, but there is no red or blue lines shown, CPU use at 6 mins (biggest user android system @ 38 mins) and partial wake at 1 min 20 secs (biggest user android system @ just over 2 hours).

Have you tried unticking both "Wakeup for update" and "Help improved application"? I have both these unticked. You could also try tweaking the update interval to every 3 hours.

I don't know of any app that can lock widgets, but if it is possible I have a feeling that it would more than likely have to a function of the launcher app (Launcher Pro / ADW etc)

- Chris

Guest mouseman99
No problem.

No I don't find that it eats battery at all, but I do only have it on one screen.

I've looked via Battery use (Menu> Settings > About Phone > Battery Use) and via Spare Parts app. Weather Forecast doesn't show up at all in battery use. In spare parts it does show in Battery history, but there is no red or blue lines shown, CPU use at 6 mins (biggest user android system @ 38 mins) and partial wake at 1 min 20 secs (biggest user android system @ just over 2 hours).

Have you tried unticking both "Wakeup for update" and "Help improved application"? I have both these unticked. You could also try tweaking the update interval to every 3 hours.

I don't know of any app that can lock widgets, but if it is possible I have a feeling that it would more than likely have to a function of the launcher app (Launcher Pro / ADW etc)

- Chris

Thanks Chris. I have made the suggestions as per yours. Mine was set to update automatically and also whilst asleep so that will probably be the answer. I've also taken it off the other two screens so we'll see tonight. thanks again for the recommendations

Guest timeslip1974
Can you inform the widgets used here?

Thanks,

Mike

Clockr - For the Text Clock

Desktop Visualizer for the widgets

Beautiful Widgets - for the weather

AtomaRss - for the news reader

Guest taine0

gtVr2.pngOEeEN.png

sRd3J.png

I know theres so many WP7 inspired themes at the moment, but i just fell in love with yankoa's metro icon pack, so wanted to make a theme around them rather than WP7 directly.

I've made all the icons using Metro icons, HD icons by mikebeecham and other random images.

Screen 1 widgets: Simi clock widget, beautiful weather widget with tick skin, minimalistic text for the battery, date and local/temp. Customized unread SMS count and analog clock widget to match rest of icons, customized switch pro widget. As with all scrolling wallpapers, the side icons link to other home screens or apps.

Screen 2 Calander widgets: xbox live statistics, watchdog lite and minimalistic text.

3: poweramp.

Custom dock with edited app draw icon.

Launcher pro and desktop visualiser to resize icons as always!

Let me know if anyones interested in the icons/dock and various parts.

Guest timeslip1974
can you tell us, what theme and widgets you're using? thx!

Done with minimalist text for the battery meter and time with beautiful widgets for the weather

Guest kelzsoca

i like this one. please let me know what you have used its sleek

- Launcher pro

- Simi clock

- SwitchPro

- stock wallpaper

- Metrostation icon pack

Edited by kelzsoca

Guest xenopod
i like this one. please let me know what you have used its sleek

- Launcher pro

- Simi clock

- SwitchPro

- stock wallpaper

- Metrostation icon pack

thankyou my friend

Guest steff.jay
Done with minimalist text for the battery meter and time with beautiful widgets for the weather

alright, and the theme? B) :unsure: (also the "icons" for menu, etc.)