Huawei U8500

Guest ogiogi

Guest igor_anta

A bit off topic but has anyone seen this little UI that's all the buzz now, apparently Cyanogen is also interested in porting this thing:

I saw a video where the phone app is shown and it looks awesome. Maybe a bit too Iphone but some may argue that it's in fact the best of both worlds :lol: Cheers!

Guest DanWilson
A bit off topic but has anyone seen this little UI that's all the buzz now, apparently Cyanogen is also interested in porting this thing:

I saw a video where the phone app is shown and it looks awesome. Maybe a bit too Iphone but some may argue that it's in fact the best of both worlds :lol: Cheers!

If this gets Cyanogen'd, I will attempt to abduct the best hackers in the world, steal some Pulse's, hold them at gun-point and tell them to get cracking.

If I find no gun, no Pulse's and no hackers, I'll just try to help Tom. By doing nothing that could spoil his work.

Guest DanWilson

DAMN! Looked at the YouTube video for the U8500 widgets, and though, wow.

Those widgets, plus that MIUI thing, and we'd be on a mofoing roll.

Oh, Jamie. You're not allowed them widgets of awesome sauce on your Spica. Get a Pulse

Guest JimJam707
DAMN! Looked at the YouTube video for the U8500 widgets, and though, wow.

Those widgets, plus that MIUI thing, and we'd be on a mofoing roll.

Oh, Jamie. You're not allowed them widgets of awesome sauce on your Spica. Get a Pulse

Buuuuuuuutt.... But.

*cough* On MSN *cough*

Guest gwenhwyfaer
We got HUAWEI'd again :lol:

Yep... much as I don't intend to give up my Pulse, it's taught me never to buy a Huawei phone again - and the fact that ZTE released source for the Blade more or less as soon as they released the phone itself gives me a good hard shove towards ZTE phones in future, even if I decide to wait a generation.

Ok now this got me wanting the huawei launcher on a flb mod even more. :lol:

Is there a working version for flb? (by working I mean not messing up the buttons and stuff)

And is there any1 that got this working on a flb mod?

Tnx...

Guest kallt_kaffe

That Huawei launcher is called Canvas and it's included in the U8100 ROMs. Propably in the pulse mini ROMs too... Most of the widgets are there too, perhaps in older more boring version, but personally I do not use any of them and I'm using Launcer Pro.

You may find later versions in the latest U81xx ROMs and also there was a couple of new U8230 ROMs released yesterday that may be worth looking at. But don't blame me if it doesn't live up to your expectations... Never trust a promotional video.

I saw a video where the phone app is shown and it looks awesome. Maybe a bit too Iphone but some may argue that it's in fact the best of both worlds B) Cheers!

Oh this is very nice :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest xdandroid
Take a look at these widgets

These look very nice ;)

There is a ROM link on huaweidevice.com http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCen...C17B239SP02.zip

Maybe the widgets will work on the Pulse (if they are real and included in the ROM) :(

Flashed it to my U8500 bought in Sweden and it's very fast and has lots of nice widgets (and chinese applications) but WIFI doesn't work.

Guest IceXcube84
Flashed it to my U8500 bought in Sweden and it's very fast and has lots of nice widgets (and chinese applications) but WIFI doesn't work.

Sorry if i ask but can you extract the app folder from the system folder in the phone and upload it somewere?

Edited by IceXcube84

Guest xdandroid
Sorry if i ask but can you extract the app folder from the system folder in the phone and upload it somewere?

np just give me some instructions... :( i have the android dev toolkit installed on my computer so ADB should work, right?

Guest Sh4d0w940

That's the same as in the ROM, the widgets are just not seperate from the apps.

In example, to get the calendar widget you also need to have the calendar app and to have the contacts widget you need the contacts app.

So if you install the deodexed versions or push them to your system you'll have the widgets (and the apps).

Edit:

np just give me some instructions... :( i have the android dev toolkit installed on my computer so ADB should work, right?

To copy it to your pc using adb you have to type in this:

adb pull system "C:\Android\system"

It works like this:

adb pull <remote> <local>

In the commands, <local> and <remote> refer to the paths to the target files/directory on your development machine (local) and on the emulator/device instance (remote).

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest xdandroid
That's the same as in the ROM, the widgets are just not seperate from the apps.

In example, to get the calendar widget you also need to have the calendar app and to have the contacts widget you need the contacts app.

So if you install the deodexed versions or push them to your system you'll have the widgets (and the apps).

Edit:

To copy it to your pc using adb you have to type in this:

adb pull system "C:\Android\system"

It works like this:

adb pull <remote> <local>

In the commands, <local> and <remote> refer to the paths to the target files/directory on your development machine (local) and on the emulator/device instance (remote).

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

Sh4d0w940

in /system/wifi there is actually a test wifi firmware... now i only need root... ;) the original firware was allegedly possible to root with z4root so i'll give that a try.

Guest IceXcube84

in /system/wifi there is actually a test wifi firmware... now i only need root... ;) the original firware was allegedly possible to root with z4root so i'll give that a try.

Yeah z4root is working on U8500.

Here is the folder with the wifi firmware from the swedish version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6524760/U8500_wifi.rar

Edited by IceXcube84