Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 2.1 ON OPTIMUS

1. Download Kdz Updater

2. Download the V20Baltics or Greek V20a firmware

3. Download and install LGAndroidDriver(If you had installed Pc suite or Lg mobile update tool, skip this )

4. Important

• On the phone: Settings => Applications =>Development(its the last option)=>USB debugging(the first option).A pop up will appear saying this option is for developers and blabla.... press ok
    this setting will allow content to be copied in ROM, meaning that you can install android 2.1 to phone
  • Uncheck mass storage on the phone's sd card settings

6. Now close all open windows on pc you dont wanna neither KDZ Updater failure nor pc crash during the update
    7. Run the flasher itself:(Click on the buttons to enable them)

• -Select type 3GQCT
    • -PhoneMode DIAG
    • -Specify path to firmware(Its recommended to put the firmware on desktop)
    • -Press start and wait for notice of termination

*On win 7 run launcher as admin

During the update phone's screen get blue.When update ends the phone restarts with the new firmware automatically.

Make sure the phone has enough battery and dont unplug the usb cable

Use it on your own.

NEVER TRY TO DOWNGRADE PHONE FROM 2.1 TO 1.6

Special thanks to @acolozarov and androidfun.ru

Edited by mixlis

Guest borovaka

It work fine. Chance of brick your phone is the same as you falsh with some version of 1.6 updates.

I don't have problems with this update. My phone start to work more faster and contact list loading with amazing speed.

hacker_didko If you have problems or questions write me PM in Bulgarian :lol:

Guest hacker_didko
It work fine. Chance of brick your phone is the same as you falsh with some version of 1.6 updates.

I don't have problems with this update. My phone start to work more faster and contact list loading with amazing speed.

hacker_didko If you have problems or questions write me PM in Bulgarian :lol:

Ok , im bulgarian too B) . I'll try to update , but before that I'll ask you to post some pictures .

I have my 2.1 too :lol:

Does it have all the languages? Like Portuguese, for example?

Does it have specific Russian applications or all the firmwares are country-independent?

The thing is, what would I gain from waiting for the Portuguese firmware in comparison to this one?

Thanks

Nuno

Which languages are available?

English, Some Cirilic languages, Kazak (i think ?), Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian, Romanian and Chinese or its Taiwanese do not know :lol:

Also you get some Location based, apps. Like ure local news reader apps and stuff like that, this thing i hate the most about the update :S

Edited by ilovelg

could you prove that the update is from lg as sounds like custom rom to me and if it does work can someone post some pictures please

Same as above i am wondering how to do it.

Guest TheLostSwede

It's all legit people, I've been running it for a few hours now and it's all good. The last language is Korean, not Chinese btw.

The software version is GT540-V20b-SEP-13-2010

I don't think you can revert to 1.6 once you install it though, but then again, I haven't tried and I have no intention to try.

As I posted in the other thread, it's NOT possible to root it as yet, as universal androot doesn't work and the old trick is gone.

could you prove that the update is from lg as sounds like custom rom to me and if it does work can someone post some pictures please

Of course it's official from LG. It's on their server (csmg.lgmobile.com)

Guest Palito&LilDevil

Hi all! Could you please rewrite here all the languages which are in the 2.1 ROM? I'm interested in Slovak (Slovensky) or Czech (Cesky). Thanks in advance!

Well my KDZ_FW_UPD application,after i set the destination of the kdz file and i click on start,it gets freezed (not responding),wtf made i wrong? i installed the lg android driver,etc etc.. can somebody help me? ><

Guest Palito&LilDevil
There are the following languages: English, Russian, Ukraine, Kazak, Lithuanian, Latvian, Eesti, Romanian, and Chinese or Taiwan...

Thank you PhilipBerovo fo your fast reply! So I need to find another ROM pack with my language :lol: Because this is my girlfriend's phone and she has it one week, so English is not goot at the beginning with the Android OS - this is hers (also mine) first time with this OS.

I think that as you can see here:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1314330

there will be some more ROMs not only this one.. I only can't find the correct link for it...

Guest greenwiggler

I updated with

Kp500 utils, couldn't get the KDZ updater to work.

2.1 is nice, very fast. was on V10a CPW

will swap to a uk rom when it becomes available

Edited by greenwiggler

I updated with

Kp500 utils, couldn't get the KDZ updater to work.

2.1 is nice, very fast. was on V10a CPW

will swap to a uk rom when it becomes available

can you tell me what kind of application you used and how?