Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

Guest Dedge-World
OMG, UPDATE 2.1 IS OUT FOR United Kingdom as of 21/10/10

Im about to try download it!!! :P

Did you update to 2.1, just tried it myself today "no update available" on official LG updater program,

Did you update to 2.1, just tried it myself today "no update available" on official LG updater program,

Same here; bought mine at carphone warehouse, but it's unbranded, so not sure how that could effect the LG software...

Guest atopork

seen on here that the 2.1 update was out in England I can't seem to find it anywere

I'm on O2 could'nt find it on there I even looked on Vodafone just to see if it was on there but nothing.

I tryed the LGmobile updater but that says there is'nt any new software.

Is it out or not?

Guest ASY9650
seen on here that the 2.1 update was out in England I can't seem to find it anywere

I'm on O2 could'nt find it on there I even looked on Vodafone just to see if it was on there but nothing.

I tryed the LGmobile updater but that says there is'nt any new software.

Is it out or not?

Someone posted it earlier because I flashed using the Vodafone ROM...

Only the Vodafone ROM has been released, your LG Updater will read the phone as 02 firmware and as there are no 02 updates that is correct...

Guest karabasev

PLEASE HELP ME TO UPGARDE MY LG GT540 I HAVE BAY IT Two DAYs AGO AND IT IS RUNNING ANDROID 1.6

WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER AND THE PC SUITE FROM LG WEB PAGE I INSTALL IT ON MY PC AFTAR THAT I CONNECT MY MOBILE PHONE AND AT START THE PC SUIT ASK ME TO DAWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATE FOR MY MOBILE I PRESS OK

AFTER THAT IT START LG UPDATE MANAGER THE CONNECTION WAS OK AND UPDATER STARTED TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE FOR MY MOBILE PHONE WHEN IT DOWNLOAD ALL, AFTER EXTRACTING IT START TO INSATLL THE ANDROID 2.1 ON THE MOBILE PHONE BUT IT STOP AT 4% FROM THE PROCESS AND THE MOBILE PHONE RESTART ITSELF, I TRAY TO CONNECT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND NOTHING, A HAVE TRIED 5 TIMES AND I CAN'T UPDATE MAY MOBILE ANDROID 1.6 TO 2.1 pleaseeeeeeeeee helppppppppppppppp

I COME FROM MACEDONIA I WILL WAIT TO ANSWER ME TO EMAIL

THANKS ALL

HELP ME

HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 2.1 ON OPTIMUS

1. Download Kdz Updater

2. Download the V20Baltics or Greek V20a firmware

3. Download and install LGAndroidDriver(If you had installed Pc suite or Lg mobile update tool, skip this )

4. Important

• On the phone: Settings => Applications =>Development(its the last option)=>USB debugging(the first option).A pop up will appear saying this option is for developers and blabla.... press ok
    this setting will allow content to be copied in ROM, meaning that you can install android 2.1 to phone
  • Uncheck mass storage on the phone's sd card settings

6. On from the archive with flasher run Windows Enabler, it should appear in the tray and click at him, appears on
    7. Now close all open windows on pc you dont wanna neither KDZ Updater failure nor pc crash during the update
    8. Run the flasher itself:(Click on the buttons to enable them)

• -Select type 3GQCT
    • -Specify path to firmware(Its recommended to put the firmware on desktop)
    • -Press start(its the big ?????? button) and wait for notice of termination

*On win 7 run both windows enabler and launcher as admin

During the update phone's screen get blue.When update ends the phone restarts with the new firmware automatically.

Make sure the phone has enough battery and dont unplug the usb cable

Use it on your own.

Special thanks to @acolozarov and androidfun.ru

post-779338-1288310494_thumb.jpg

post-779338-1288310593_thumb.jpg

Guest crossbonez

hello, i have a problem. always when im trying to update to android 2.1 it stops in there ( http://img87.imageshack.us/i/fcg.png/ )

how to resolve this problem..?

maybe its problems with usb? but, i have connected my phone. i tryied this way (

) , but it always stops on 30% and it says : Connect ur phone to usb cable. But i connected! wtf, help me, im tired of trying fix that.

Guest Peter Lairo
"More Locale 2" from the market, pick English, United Kingdom, and Set it.

I'm an American living in Germany. So I have locale set to "English (US)" because I prefer an English UI. Unfortunately, this causes all phone numbers in the dialer to have the American separators (1-123-123-1234). Is there some way to select the language and locale separately? TIA.

BTW: Since so many 2.1 releases have already happened in Eastern Europe for the GT540, it can't be long until the German (and other Western European) 2.1 versions are also officially released. I think I'll just wait a little more...

Guest saeba_ryo
I'm an American living in Germany. So I have locale set to "English (US)" because I prefer an English UI. Unfortunately, this causes all phone numbers in the dialer to have the American separators (1-123-123-1234). Is there some way to select the language and locale separately? TIA.

BTW: Since so many 2.1 releases have already happened in Eastern Europe for the GT540, it can't be long until the German (and other Western European) 2.1 versions are also officially released. I think I'll just wait a little more...

You didn't try "English (UK)" ? It's the one I always use, no separators or anything.

Guest Carbonize

A quick search would of shown you a couple of posts about downloading the app MoreLocale 2

Edited by Carbonize

Guest Peter Lairo
Is there some way to select the language and locale separately? TIA.

I did install "MoreLocale 2", but I couldn't find a setting to select the language and locale separately. :)

BTW: I uploaded a profile photo. Does someone know why it isn't showing next to my posts?

Edited by Peter Lairo

Guest RottenFoxBreath
BTW: I uploaded a profile photo. Does someone know why it isn't showing next to my posts?

Because that's exactly what it is, a profile picture. :)

What you want to do is go to your Personal Profile(My Controls, at the top of the page), and then "Edit Avatar Settings".

As to your locale issues, heres a snippet from a previous thread of mine:

Go to the market, download "MoreLocale 2", it's only 60kbs, so tiny file size, run it(you only need to run it once, and never again).

select English, from the ISO639 window, then select United Kingdom, from the ISO3166 window.

* Hint: United Kingdom is underneath "Gabon" in the A-Z listing, I assume for GB.

Then select "Set", and that's it, no more hyphenated contacts.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest evilc77
I did install "MoreLocale 2", but I couldn't find a setting to select the language and locale separately. :)

When you open Morelocal2 select menu key then add locale, on the country line select the ISO box you can then take your pick.

Hope that helps.

Guest Peter Lairo
What you want to do is go to your Personal Profile (My Controls, at the top of the page), and then "Edit Avatar Settings".

Thanks! That worked. :)

Go to the market, download "MoreLocale 2", it's only 60kbs, so tiny file size, run it(you only need to run it once, and never again).

select English, from the ISO639 window, then select United Kingdom, from the ISO3166 window.

I can already select "UK English" on my GT540. Is the UK English from "MoreLocale 2" somehow different?

BTW: As an American, I am a bit hesitant to select UK English. As you might know, Americans (and Brits?) are very sensitive about the other's language being significantly different (e.g., color vs. colour). :) I might try it out anyhow...

Edited by Peter Lairo

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Thanks! That worked. :(

I can already select "UK English" on my GT540. Is the UK English from "MoreLocale 2" somehow different?

BTW: As an American, I am a bit hesitant to select UK English. As you might know, Americans (and Brits?) are very sensitive about the other's language being significantly different (e.g., color vs. colour). :) I might try it out anyhow...

It will remove the hyphens from your contact numbers...as to language, the keyboard I use, slideIT, gives the option of colour or color, when entering words, and it does get smarter the more you use it, so less chance of an Americanism, or an English-ism(??) happening. :(

Besides, you should use the Queen's English anyhoo, instead of your made up US language...:):lol:

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Peter Lairo
It will remove the hyphens from your contact numbers...as to language, the keyboard I use, slideIT, gives the option of colour or color, when entering words, and it does get smarter the more you use it, so less chance of an Americanism, or an English-ism(??) happening. :(

Thanks. I'll give slideIT a try...

Besides, you should use the Queen's English anyhoo, instead of your made up US language...:):lol:

I don't voluntarily submit to a Queen or anyone else who has power not based on merit. And do you think the Queen's English is not "made up"? Did it exist since the beginning of time? No. It evolved from some other language(s). And US-English is an even more evolved language. :)