Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Yup. Installed here too. Bit tricky with buttons containing just ?????? on the russian(?) installation window. All seems good and it runs all my software (backed up with Astro and then reinstalled once I downloaded and installed it again from the market.

The Russian confused me also, but I just sort of used my years of Computer common-sense and clicked what I thought was right.

I made sure that I re-wrote the Russian tut in a language I understood as I did it myself over at Android Forums.

1. Download, save and extract the following to the desktop:

KDZ File: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

KDZ FW UPdater: http://files.gameworld.kz/5p8mpt3f1n.html

LG Android Driver: http://files.gameworld.kz/c5z46n1ukk.html

2. Install LG Android Driver.

3. On your phone, go to Settings > Applications > Development and set phone into debugging.

4. Connect phone via USB Cable.

5. Run Windows Enabler from the file you extracted above, and when it appears in the Task Bar (Bottom right) click the icon in the task bar ONCE, and it will display as 'On.'

6. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Select 3GQCT in the drop-down menu, which is greyed out. Then Browse to where the KDZ 2.1 file is. (Desktop? V20B_00.kdz) Press the long button just above the information screen, and leave it for a good five to ten minutes. Your phone will enter Emergency Mode two or three times, however you need not do anything. Do not unplug it, do not power your computer down and don't interrupt the process. Your phone will start up completely formatted, and when the KDZ updater has finished, you can unplug your phone and use it again, with 2.1 installed.

Once done, you can delete all files off your desktop and uninstall whatever you don't need to use again.

The one problem I am having here is synchronising contacts from Facebook. They are now read-only, meaning you cannot edit them with a phone number you might have for them. Instead you have to have two contacts that cannot be joined up. And if I try to join them, an Android process crashes.

Contacts saved on Facebook also don't show up when they call me once sync has been completed. It just shows the actual number, rather than the contact or their photo, which is something I didn't have a problem on 1.6.

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest DBNemesis

Worked great for me - I'll put up a vid on youtube once I've got everything back on.

--Scratch the video - My pathetic webcam can't get a good image.

Edited by DBNemesis

I have wrote to LG Support and It has been comfirmed that this update is not official and will void your warrenty if you break your phone doing it.

LG Updates will come through an OVER THE AIR update not a computer update.

I have wrote to LG Support and It has been comfirmed that this update is not official and will void your warrenty if you break your phone doing it.

Actually the official updates are done via the LG support tool, which is over computer, not over the air.

LG have actualyl removed the over the air update function frmo android, which you will noticed if you go into settings/about phone, you will notice there is no "check for updates" options, which is what would have bene used by over the air updates on other handsets, therefore the ONLY way of updating this phone is via computer.

Also this IS and official update, just not for the uk. However the updates is an official LG update for the Baltics region.

CHeck out the following link.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/popup/e..._csmg_noti.jsp/

The first entry as of typing this is as follows.

Country - Baltics

Model.Suffix - GT540.ABAL

S/W Version - V20B

Last Update Date - 2010-09-29

Edited by new123

Guest he6rt6gr6m

The update came from the LG website. Thus making it official, only not in certain countries.

If they're that bothered, they should have locked the file and part of the site to a specific Country. Instead, it was made available worldwide, so tough titties to them.

Backsy6. Maybe you can stop copying and pasting the SAME reply to at least 3 threads on here, and actualyl write something constructive.

Please see my reply to you in this thread for further information and proof that everything you are saying is complete nonsense and proof that this update came from LG themselves.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...om-lg/page/80/#

Oh and also...

Would love to know how you would update your phone OVER THE AIR.

Here is a screenshot of the menu entry taht you have to go into in order to do an over the air android updates.

htc-magic-check-updates.png

Would love to see you fine that entry under the Settings > About Phone section in a gt540.

Edited by new123

Guest DBNemesis

Mine’s working great, with the exception that I can't seem to get a GPS lock. It can only find a single satellite. Although that may be due to the lousy weather and the fact I’m inside. That said, it can usually see about 6-8 normally. I'm hoping that leaving it to try to lockon for a while will sort that out too.

The update came from the LG website. Thus making it official, only not in certain countries.

If they're that bothered, they should have locked the file and part of the site to a specific Country. Instead, it was made available worldwide, so tough titties to them.

How can it be official if LG Support wrote straight back saying its not official :|

Backsy6. Maybe you can stop copying and pasting the SAME reply to at least 3 threads on here, and actualyl write something constructive.

Please see my reply to you in this thread for further information and proof that everything you are saying is complete nonsense and proof that this update came from LG themselves.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...om-lg/page/80/#

Here is the message I sent to LG SUPPORT.

Hello LG.

I am writing to you to see if the OFFICIAL Android 2.1 Update is available for the GT540 Optimus.

I have been searching android updates online and have came accross a file called "V20B_00.kbz" which people are claiming to be Android 2.1 Eclair update.

I am affraid of downloading this because I am unsure if it is official and might damage my phone.

Reply Soon, Thanks

Here is the message I got back:::::::::

Dear Michael Beck,

Thank you for your email.

We would strongly recommend you do not download this file. All official LG Android software will be available through our update tool. This update is rumoured to be released in Quarter 4 of this year.

Please note: Any unofficial software downloads to the phone will void the warranty on our handset and therefore no future repairs or service could be completed.

Best regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

Thus meaning, LG have not released a Update Yet

How can it be official if LG Support wrote straight back saying its not official :|

Did you even bother reading my reply and the facts that i pointed out to you?

WOuld you like to take a closer look at the URL frmo where the update is downloaded... I'll put some of it in caps and than maybe you will be able to see that way.

http://csmg.LGMOBILE.COM:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

note the LGMOBILE.COM

Edited by new123

Sir you are retarded, people gave you proof and you still speaking ure s***. People dont speak with this guy, he wont understand anyways, let him keep hes oppinion to him.

THIS UPDATE IS OFFICIAL TO BALTIC REGION.

LG PROPABLY HAVE NOT RELEASED 2.1 IN YOUR REGION, THUS MEANING THE SERVICE OPERATOR MIGHT DO NOT KNOW IF THE UPDATE WAS RELEASED IN OTHER REGIONS, SO HE IS SAYING THAT THE UPDATE IS UNNOFICIAL WITHOUT KNOWING THAT IT WAS OFFICIALY RELEASED IN BALTIC REGION, CHECK: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/popup/e...o_csmg_noti.jsp

Edited by ilovelg

We would strongly recommend you do not download this file. All official LG Android software will be available through our update tool.

Now wasnt is you who posted on at least 3 threads stating that LG said updates are donw OVER THE AIR, and not via computer??? THink you'll find the update tool is a computer based updates, not over the air.

Edited by new123

Guest cooperzetec

dont know if its just me but i cant download the flasher or android driver. it tells me to put in a number on the screen which i do but then comes up with a little box with something in russian which i cant read. click ok and nothing happens??????????? help!!!!!!!!!! please

Now wasnt is you who posted on at least 3 threads stating that LG said updates are donw OVER THE AIR, and not via computer??? THink you'll find the update tool is a computer based updates, not over the air.

Still doesnt change the fact that its not official

Sir you are retarded, people gave you proof and you still speaking ure s***. People dont speak with this guy, he wont understand anyways, let him keep hes oppinion to him.

THIS UPDATE IS OFFICIAL TO BALTIC REGION.

LG PROPABLY HAVE NOT RELEASED 2.1 IN YOUR REGION, THUS MEANING THE SERVICE OPERATOR MIGHT DO NOT KNOW IF THE UPDATE WAS RELEASED IN OTHER REGIONS, SO HE IS SAYING THAT THE UPDATE IS UNNOFICIAL WITHOUT KNOWING THAT IT WAS OFFICIALY RELEASED IN BALTIC REGION, CHECK: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/popup/e...o_csmg_noti.jsp

Well LG reccomend you not to download it, if it badword up your phone then don't say I didnt warn ya (Y)

Guest qwerta369
Still doesnt change the fact that its not official

Ah jaysus.. It's not official but it's from the LG website? Would you cop on..

Official, yes. Intended for phones outside the Baltic area, no.

..still official though.

Well LG reccomend you not to download it, if it badword up your phone then don't say I didnt warn ya (Y)

Dont worry about me. My Phone works like a charm :lol: And im from Baltic region also.

Edited by ilovelg