Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

the only trouble is i still have all my apps on it and it keeps coming up with loads of F/C's like com.android.phone has stopped and stuf like that. any ideas why the apps are still there?

Make Hard Reset, Volume UP+Home+Search press and hold, on lockscreen.

Hey becksy6, why did you pm me asking what country I was in, whether I used the LG updater or KDZ and also if my phone had any problems?

Sorry I dont answer those sort of personal questions to some nobody on a forum!

Just so you know, I blocked you so you cant do it anymore......

Are you the LG police or something, get a life ffs!!

Cute Kid

Dont worry about me. My Phone works like a charm :lol: And im from Baltic region also.

Hehe, I'm from France, and I am also enjoying this Baltic version B) (however the only provided language I can understand is English... no French (nor Spanish) there).

Just an advice for people with Orange France. Once you have upgraded your phone, you have to add the APNs from Orange to be able to connect to internet through Orange service (as instance, "Internet Max"):

Settings → Wireless & networks → Mobile network settings → Access Point Names → New APN

You have to create two (only fill the data I put here, left the rest blank):

1)

Name: Orange

APN: Orange

Username: Orange

Password: Orange

MCC: 208

MNC: 01

APN type: default

2)

Name: orange.mms

APN: orange.acte

Proxy: 192.168.10.200

Port: 8080

Username: Orange

Password: Orange

MMSC: http://mms.orange.fr

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 208

MNC: 01

APN type: mms

That's all. Enjoy!

It is the official Baltics ROM you're looking at, so... If you're in Estonia, Latvia or such it's official. Finished, yes, language localized - no.

If in doubt, don't use the Baltics ROM. Can't be many days before the rest is released (France got 10d today, has anyone looked into that one yet?)

v10d was 1.6 i had in greek

are you talking about v20d ?

Do i have to do it like in 1-st topic say-s or can i do it with the LGMobile update tool? (it seems a bit easyer way)

If i upgrade to 2.1 baltic version does my warranty last if i live in Baltics?

I ve noticed video recording in 2.1 is worse !

is this true ?

Confirmed, this is becouse on 2.1 Cam Recorder saves the video in .3gp In 1.6 video was saved in .mp4.

This can be fixed :] just need to find how :lol:

Guest Nevasleep

Not working for me, keep getting "MOD UpTestEX MFC Application has stopped working" :/

Tried running both KDZ and Windows Enabler as administrator. Running Win 7 x64.

Also is there a way of getting the LGMobile Update software to work?, I get to point where it says something like "Software not correct for your country".

Guest Nevasleep
Not working for me, keep getting "MOD UpTestEX MFC Application has stopped working" :/

Tried running both KDZ and Windows Enabler as administrator. Running Win 7 x64.

Also is there a way of getting the LGMobile Update software to work?, I get to point where it says something like "Software not correct for your country".

Done it B)

I left firmware file on the desktop, and put the KDZ files into a folder. Also maximised KDZ before I started upgrade.....then prayed I wouldn't brick it :lol:

Guest toomas

Upgrade to 2.1 with LG software. Works perfectly.

But where is dialer? In 1.6 it was on home screen, now i cant find it. I downloaded Dialer@bar. I can open it at notifications, its quite annoying.

EDIT: Dooooh found it :lol:

Edited by toomas

Guest awarner

Right guys, just an observation from past experience.

From my work pc I can not access the links to this update, page is blocked at the other end aparently? (work pc is limiting though)

Unless you can actually get an official update from the correct LG web ie consumer/user end then it may not be official. Just because an update can be accessed by other means then it is not official. HTC had a loophole years ago that a lot of people accessed via ftp.

These ROMs may be due official release but need final testing etc and in the past regional ROMs used outside their designated zones can depending on manufacturer/network invalidate your warranty.

that is the normal lines they use but in reality once they get a faulty device first course is to wipe, reinstall and test. I've never actually heard of a device being sent back saying they were not covered, instead they like to claim the infamous water damage lie.

Right now for the second reason for posting, please don't ask for me or a member of my team to ban a user like becksy6 because you do not agree with their views. Some of the statements are valid and some not quite on the mark, but as this member only has a handful of posts it's not troll behaviour as some claim.

Finally personal attacks and name calling is not apreciated on the site and needs to stop.

Lets keep this a friendly place please, cheers.

Guest becksy6
Right guys, just an observation from past experience.

From my work pc I can not access the links to this update, page is blocked at the other end aparently? (work pc is limiting though)

Unless you can actually get an official update from the correct LG web ie consumer/user end then it may not be official. Just because an update can be accessed by other means then it is not official. HTC had a loophole years ago that a lot of people accessed via ftp.

These ROMs may be due official release but need final testing etc and in the past regional ROMs used outside their designated zones can depending on manufacturer/network invalidate your warranty.

that is the normal lines they use but in reality once they get a faulty device first course is to wipe, reinstall and test. I've never actually heard of a device being sent back saying they were not covered, instead they like to claim the infamous water damage lie.

Right now for the second reason for posting, please don't ask for me or a member of my team to ban a user like becksy6 because you do not agree with their views. Some of the statements are valid and some not quite on the mark, but as this member only has a handful of posts it's not troll behaviour as some claim.

Finally personal attacks and name calling is not apreciated on the site and needs to stop.

Lets keep this a friendly place please, cheers.

Much Appreciated Mate :lol:

Guest spark001uk

Don't know if anyone's noticed but there is a difference with this balkan 2.1 rom- telephone numbers are all displayed with hyphens, in the format: xxx-xxx-xxxxx. It's not a problem, but in some countries, such as UK, we don't write hyphens in our phone numbers.

Or.. maybe all the roms do this and i just didn't notice?

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Don't know if anyone's noticed but there is a difference with this balkan 2.1 rom- telephone numbers are all displayed with hyphens, in the format: xxx-xxx-xxxxx. It's not a problem, but in some countries, such as UK, we don't write hyphens in our phone numbers.

Or.. maybe all the roms do this and i just didn't notice?

Yeah, people have noticed, and the issue was solved nearly a week ago.

"More Locale 2" from the market, pick English, United Kingdom, and Set it.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...gone-help-here/

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Do you have to be so pompous?

Wow, get over yourself..... :)

A simple search or look at thread titles on the first page / through some posts on the first page, would have shown the resolution to the issue.