Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

Guest spark001uk
Cant go trough the update process ( the original one and the only one I know ), Im getting this from KDZ flasher:

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

17:44:57 : Çŕďóńę îáíîâëĺíč˙ ĎÎ 

17:44:57 : Đŕńďŕęîâęŕ KDZ  

17:45:02 : KDZ ôŕéë đŕńďŕęîâŕí

17:45:03 : Ôŕéëű čçâëĺ÷ĺíű	 .

17:45:03 : LGMobileDL Load.

17:45:03 : Ďîđň = -1

17:45:03 : Ńîĺäčíĺíčĺ ń ňĺëĺôîíîě 

17:45:03 : ŇĹËĹÔÎÍ ÍĹ ÍŔÉÄĹÍ!		

17:45:05 : ===ÇŔÂĹĐŘĹÍÎ===

Anybody knows whats seems to be the problem?

Drivers installed fine,debug mode on, SD unmounted, nothing happens at all, its just stuck right there. Thx in advance!

On the phone, go to settings > sd card storage, and UNTICK 'mass storage only'. That should do it.

Guest kaiserex
On the phone, go to settings > sd card storage, and UNTICK 'mass storage only'. That should do it.

I could swear that I done that and that KDZ flasher have been all grayed out, couldn't select anything. Anyways I performed one more time and it worked, flash went trough and 2.1 is in tha house. Thx dude for pushing me to try one more time :-)

Edited by kaiserex

Guest joeymk
I could swear that I done that and that KDZ flasher have been all grayed out, couldn't select anything. Anyways I performed one more time and it worked, flash went trough and 2.1 is in tha house. Thx dude for pushing me to try one more time :-)

I'm getting that PHONE IS NOT FOUND. I have install all drivers i don't know what is the problem.

Guest brqueiros
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

Another new 2.1 firmware, CIS region which is a lot ex soviet states, not sure which languages are included.

It seems like the link is a bit glitchy, so if it doesn't work, try a few times and it tends to start downloading.

It's really another 2.1 firmware? Anyone knowns what languages incluide, maybe Portuguese:) :) ;) ?

Edited by brqueiros

Guest kaiserex
I'm getting that PHONE IS NOT FOUND. I have install all drivers i don't know what is the problem.

Reinstall drivers and do the step by step tut whit a SD card unmounted and mass storage only unthicked before trying to flash. Mass storage only option unthicked will force windows to try to install all relevant phone drivers aswell.

Guest TheLostSwede
It's really another 2.1 firmware? Anyone knowns what languages incluide, maybe Portuguese:) :) ;) ?

No, it's CIS region, as in ex Soviet states

Guest bushfire

Guys, did any of use try the 2.1 update instruction in page 9 using win7?

I am asking because the official LG mobile update program does not work well with win7 and it keeps insisting on installing driver even though it has been installed 10 times already...in any case when it finally worked it finds no update because I am in Singapore.

Also I am not able to download the Android driver or the updating program from the links provided - after entering the 4 digit number it pops up with some meaningless text...any alternate links?

Guest brqueiros

Hello people,

i´m from portugal and i have updated my gt540 toROM 2.1. Now the lg suite application IV is telling that there is an software update for my phone. Can i / should i update?

sorry for my bad english

Edited by brqueiros

Guest Clarkey15
Hello people,

i´m from portugal and i have updated my gt540 toROM 2.1. Now the lg suite application IV is telling that there is an software update for my phone. Can i / should i update?

sorry for my bad english

The PC suite will tell you there is an update but if you click it, it will tell you you have the latest update installed.

Guest bloodlust8
Guys, did any of use try the 2.1 update instruction in page 9 using win7?

I am asking because the official LG mobile update program does not work well with win7 and it keeps insisting on installing driver even though it has been installed 10 times already...in any case when it finally worked it finds no update because I am in Singapore.

Also I am not able to download the Android driver or the updating program from the links provided - after entering the 4 digit number it pops up with some meaningless text...any alternate links?

I did my update using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit. Everything went well on the first try.

Guest bushfire
I did my update using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit. Everything went well on the first try.

In my case the update cannot be done with Win7 Pro 32 bit - the selector dialog (drop down list) and all other dialogs greyed out and unclickable. With XP using vmware image, it can be run but after a few seconds crashes with a general fault :-(

Guest TheLostSwede
In my case the update cannot be done with Win7 Pro 32 bit - the selector dialog (drop down list) and all other dialogs greyed out and unclickable. With XP using vmware image, it can be run but after a few seconds crashes with a general fault :-(

Gah... not another one...

Find Windows Enabler in the KDZ updater directory, run it, click on the Windows Enabler icon so it says ON, start KDZ updater and you can click on everything, despite it being greyed out.

Guest bushfire
Gah... not another one...

Find Windows Enabler in the KDZ updater directory, run it, click on the Windows Enabler icon so it says ON, start KDZ updater and you can click on everything, despite it being greyed out.

The enabler was ON, yet I could not...on XP I could, so I know the look and feel of that dialog

OK now I tried starting enabler as administrator and then started updater, it seems to work...at least it has started doing something. Keeping fingers crossed hope I dont end up with a brick!

Edited by bushfire

Guest bushfire

It works!!! Many thanks for the original poster and also all that helped me with suggestions.

To recap:

1. On win7, I started enabler as admin

2. The files are in some folder, no need to be on desktop

3. Make sure SD card is not on USB storage mode

4. Patience, it restarts a few times...

Now when I check the Firmware version says 2.1 update 1

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!

Guest droidpereira
The "latest" ROM available is the ROM from Bouygues? There isn't another with portuguese language right people?

Não quando houver ela vira para aqui

Guest Jose Caneira
ehehehe...nós andamos por aí

e não são poucos ;)

@ALL:

Just updated using kdz update and the baltic rom, works pretty good. Much faster startup :)

Thanks everyone for the insights...

Guest Underdog2k9

Hello to everyone, i followed the list and installed the Baltic Version on my cellphone, since i am living in germany and wanted to have the german language i wanted to install the Frensh version which is out now.

I tried to do it liek the Baltic one but i get an Error.

It says:

errorbo.jpg

what does this mean to me?

Edited by Underdog2k9