Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

Guest Underdog2k9
when i open kdz uploader i cant select anything besides cmda on type, can t change to 3GQCT. why ??

thanks in advance.

Have you started Windows Enabler and clicked on it to make it On?

Run at Vista and Windows 7 in admin Mode.

Hello to everyone, i followed the list and installed the Baltic Version on my cellphone, since i am living in germany and wanted to have the german language i wanted to install the Frensh version which is out now.

I tried to do it liek the Baltic one but i get an Error.

It says:

errorbo.jpg

what does this mean to me?

Have you enabled USB debugging?

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I think theres a new firmware

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

What does ACISWP mean? Which country/branding?

That'll be the Commonwealth of Independent States, which means another Russian/Eastern European rom..

It'll more than likely encompass Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, and all the 'stans.

Guest JanusDC

Does somebody know if France Orange upgrade is already available? How can I know when it happend? (I did the baltic upgrade, so it won't show me any upgrade to the same version, I guess).

Edited by JanusDC

when i open kdz uploader i cant select anything besides cmda on type, can t change to 3GQCT. why ??

thanks in advance.

You'll need to turn off User Account Control altogether, and then reboot, before you can use Windows Enabler it in Windows 7.

Guest Underdog2k9
Have you enabled USB debugging?

Yes, USB-debugging is turned on.

Edit: Allright, third try, i have disabled Debug and enabled again, and now it is working, weird...

Edited by Underdog2k9

Guest BraiNCrasher

I've tried to update my phone but I got an error.

I'm running on Windows XP. Installed drivers, started Windows Enabler v1.1, clicked it. It shows "On" and then i run KDZ_FW_UPD. Blue screen was showed on phone and then I got an error (the picture) the phone stayed like that. Couldn't turn it off so I unplugged the batery and tried to turn it on. It shows LG logo and the ANDROID logo.. it repeats showing android and stays there.. it wouldn't start even after 10 mins.. any way to fix it? How to reset it? Help please...

error-compiled.jpg

EDIT *

I managed to reset the phone and I successfully installed v2.1

I don't really know how thought :)

Edited by BraiNCrasher

Guest Filipcz

i already tried to install but i think i messed up. when i turn on my mobile phone it's start over and over again..... never stops :)( if i plug USB my computer sounds like -> connected, diconnected, connected, disconnected.. any chance to wake my mobile up???

:) btw: i installed first CCMPQ (or wtf ) and then i installed the correct one 3GPQ....

Edited by Filipcz

Guest Dedge-World

Hi all newbie on this site. UK :)

just got my LG GT540 6 days ago with v1.16 from carphone warehouse on orange but using three sim.

Is this update fine to use what i mean is will it affect my three network,

will this be in english when updated,

I this safe to do (dont want to brick as may void warrenty)

What are all the difference's from 1.6 to 2.1

and why have'nt LG got this for uk yet have emailed them but no responce, Uk always seams to be the last

Many Thanks

Dale :)

Edit: Someone said that u can not acces the APN for network providers,

Edited by Dedge-World

Flashed my 1.6 O2 phone to 2.1 Baltic and could edit the APN's

But yes it would be nice to try an official UK 2.1 ROM

Guest Dedge-World

just got my LG GT540 6 days ago with v1.16 from carphone warehouse on orange but using three sim.

and why have'nt LG got this for uk yet have emailed them but no responce, Uk always seams to be the last

Many Thanks

If i went ahead and flash the baltic version, When the official UK version come's out would it update/overwrite to that version

Guest ASY9650

Many Thanks

No, From my experience it should not affect your network. I would maybe wait for someone to reply who is on 3 themselves that has tried this as 3 seems always to operate different to standard UK phone companies :) . It should be fine though.

It does have English as an installation language when it reboots again for the first time with the new ROM.

It will void your warranty to an extent, However I have read posts on here of people sending bricked handsets and getting replacements...

I followed the instructions on here and it worked perfectly. Apart from having to run Windows Enabler as administrator too. It did fail the first

time giving a parameter error thing but I did it again after that and it worked like a charm. I also installed another ROM earlier, two in fact and

am about to reflash back to the Baltic. I haven't bricked my phone yet...famous last words...

The differences from 1.6 to 2.1- I can't sum them all up, but it's quicker, voice search, you can install Skype now, live wallpapers, better animations...There's loads.

And generally keeping up with the rest of the Android show...As 1.6 is quite old really now. You can also enable APPS2SD, it isn't officially supported on 2.1 but many

users have managed to get it working.

When I phoned LG before flashing for the first time...I was told the UK update would be released in the last quarter of 2010, but they don't know when exactly. Why does the UK always

seem to be last? I have no idea personally...

And no, that's bullsh**. You can access the APN's for your network in settings. You will have to input them manually or get a configuration text sent to you however.

Edited by ASY9650

Guest becksy6
Does somebody know if France Orange upgrade is already available? How can I know when it happend? (I did the baltic upgrade, so it won't show me any upgrade to the same version, I guess).

Yes france rom is out, I do not know the link.... But here is abit of proof, Im sure someone will post soon.

Phone S/W Notification

No. Country Model.Suffix S/W Version Last Update Date

5 France GT540.ABYT V20a 2010-10-14

4 Greece GT540.AGRC v10d 2010-10-14

3 Poland GT540.APOL V10d 2010-10-14

2 Baltics GT540.ABAL V20B 2010-10-12

1 Russian Federation GT540.ARUS V20B 2010-10-12

<< Previous 1 | Next >>

got some problems with it...

when i try to update program crashing...

(YES I GOT ALL WINDOWS CLOSE EVEN ALL PROGRAMS!)

this is what i get:

errorkx.png

the log i get:

[17:33:34:109]  : =============================================

[17:33:34:109]  : Log is started on 23.09.2010, at 17:33:34:109, 

executable: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\My Shared Folder\KDZ_FW_UPD\KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (ProcID: 0x00000a88), 

compile time : Sep  8 2010 17:19:53

[17:33:34:109]  : Version : 

[17:33:34:140]  : strFilename1 = V20

[17:33:34:140]  : m_DlMode = 4, m_strBinaryPath = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20b-BAL-XXX-SEP-13-2010.dz, m_nSelectedImages= 70787108

[17:39:59:546]  : Log finished

how to fix this...tnx

Guest Dedge-World
No, From my experience it should not affect your network. I would maybe wait for someone to reply who is on 3 themselves that has tried this as 3 seems always to operate different to standard UK phone companies :) . It should be fine though.

It does have English as an installation language when it reboots again for the first time with the new ROM.

It will void your warranty to an extent, However I have read posts on here of people sending bricked handsets and getting replacements...

I followed the instructions on here and it worked perfectly. Apart from having to run Windows Enabler as administrator too. It did fail the first

time giving a parameter error thing but I did it again after that and it worked like a charm. I also installed another ROM earlier, two in fact and

am about to reflash back to the Baltic. I haven't bricked my phone yet...famous last words...

The differences from 1.6 to 2.1- I can't sum them all up, but it's quicker, voice search, you can install Skype now, live wallpapers, better animations...There's loads.

And generally keeping up with the rest of the Android show...As 1.6 is quite old really now. You can also enable APPS2SD, it isn't officially supported on 2.1 but many

users have managed to get it working.

When I phoned LG before flashing for the first time...I was told the UK update would be released in the last quarter of 2010, but they don't know when exactly. Why does the UK always

seem to be last? I have no idea personally...

And no, that's bullsh**. You can access the APN's for your network in settings. You will have to input them manually or get a configuration text sent to you however.

:) THX for your reply there :)

Guest kev26483
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 2.1 ON OPTIMUS

1. Download Kdz Updater

2. Download the V20Baltics or Greek V20a firmware

3. Download and install LGAndroidDriver(If you had installed Pc suite or Lg mobile update tool, skip this )

4. Important

• On the phone: Settings => Applications =>Development(its the last option)=>USB debugging(the first option).A pop up will appear saying this option is for developers and blabla.... press ok
    this setting will allow content to be copied in ROM, meaning that you can install android 2.1 to phone
  • Uncheck mass storage on the phone's sd card settings

6. On from the archive with flasher run Windows Enabler, it should appear in the tray and click at him, appears on
    7. Now close all open windows on pc you dont wanna neither KDZ Updater failure nor pc crash during the update
    8. Run the flasher itself:(Click on the buttons to enable them)

• -Select type 3GQCT
    • -Specify path to firmware(Its recommended to put the firmware on desktop)
    • -Press start(its the big ?????? button) and wait for notice of termination

*On win 7 run both windows enabler and launcher as admin

During the update phone's screen get blue.When update ends the phone restarts with the new firmware automatically.

Make sure the phone has enough battery and dont unplug the usb cable

Use it on your own.

Special thanks to @acolozarov and androidfun.ru

do you have the tools to do the update ie kdz updater rom etc... if you do could you please pass them on to me i would love to update my phone my email address is [email protected]

thanks alot in advance.

Guest ASY9650
do you have the tools to do the update ie kdz updater rom etc... if you do could you please pass them on to me i would love to update my phone my email address is [email protected]

thanks alot in advance.

If you click on the underlined objects it opens the download link for those tools...