WiFi issue

Guest robot1000

Guest Nikban1
Interesting... find out what the software revision is on that phone.

Both white ones are B08 and the grey one is the B05 both firmware version 2.1-update1...................... not sure if this is what your after i am a noobie to all this lingo ;)

Guest oh!dougal
1st post so big HI to everybody.

Today i have been setting the kids up ready for christmas and after putting the sims in down came 7 messages from orange usual welcome, credit available etc etc .......

one of the messages was an update saying to delete the message when read and turn the phone off then back on, which i did. Now the reason for the post is what i have noticed while messing with the phones is that neither of the kids phones ( 1xwhite TFT and 1 X grey amoled) have lost wifi connection when turned back on after screen sleep signal bar blips when screen comes on and hey presto wifi still connected. Have just spoke to a guy at Orange who when i explained all of the above agreed he would send the update message to my wifes number. ...

Two points

- the most common reconnection issue is that *occasionally* the thing fails to reconnect. It is very rarely a 'solid', every single time, problem. "Blade Wifi Fix" has the advantage that it ONLY cycles the wifi off/on when it needs to - otherwise you have the instant connection you should expect.

- the interesting thing would be for you to post a pair of dumps of your wife's phone, before and after getting Orange's "update". A comparison of the two should reveal exactly what (if any) changes had been made. A "delete this message and reboot" 'SIM Update' is one of Orange's standard methods of phone 'activation' (unlocking the phone to Orange's own network!) Without that activation, even an "unlocked" phone will not work on Orange (see lots of other threads on that subject.)

So a "SIM Update" does not have to indicate a software bugfix "patch".

• 1 month later...
Guest Ydnaroo

Hi.

Complete newbie here. :lol: I have a virgin SF with the Orange update text refered to in this thread on the phone. Is there anyway I can see what it contains or forward it to someone who can.

Cheers - Y

Edit: Text now deleted. It didn't seem to work anyway, in fact it seems to have made it worse!

Edited by Ydnaroo

Guest daydotz

the wifi issues are now really putting me off mine i normally switch the wifi off when i dont need it

sometimes after the phones slept i wake it up an connect no problems other times it does not switching it off an on does nothing ocassionly if i leave it alone it may decide to connect

ive updated the wifi drivers as im useing a netgear dg834 v3 with a hidden ssid an wpa2 i think ive read these are all no nos ;)

as for the signal its bit hit an miss sometimes its ok an other times it likes to throw me off ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goostaff

On my xperia x8 and speedtouch st585 router I had problem:

- wifi connection active in xperia, phone connected correctly, but

- no connection to internet, applications couldn't connect to internet.

For me setting static ip address in xperia helped to get connection to the internet, but I decided to think for a while to find a solution how to get connection with dynamic ip. And I found.

In router settings I had 3 ip adresses configured for local interface (192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.1). I deleted two of them, so there was only one left (192.168.0.1). Then my xperia started to connect to wifi network with dynamic ip over dhcp and connect to internet correctly.

I hope this will be helpful for somebody.

Edited by goostaff

Guest timbo347
My wifi won't stay connect automatically to my router. It says under WiFi seetings 'connection unsuccessful'. I keep having to turn off WiFi and reconnect that way.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/blade-wifi-fix/com.bladewififix

I still had the WiFi problem after putting on a 2.2 ROM. The free app from the link above fixed it - no more problems (and no changes to my router WPA2 setup either).

Cheers - Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richardop

I've made an app to stop the phone sleeping when wifi is enabled, it means wifi will not disconnect (but since the phone is not sleeping, it will use more battery power).

Advanced wifi lock

It doesn't interfere with blade wifi fix, so you can use them both alongside eachother. e.g. if you decide to temporarily disable advanced wifi lock, then blade wifi fix will take over.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

post-840518-1297856016.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edinho
I've made an app to stop the phone sleeping when wifi is enabled, it means wifi will not disconnect (but since the phone is not sleeping, it will use more battery power).

Advanced wifi lock

It doesn't interfere with blade wifi fix, so you can use them both alongside eachother. e.g. if you decide to temporarily disable advanced wifi lock, then blade wifi fix will take over.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

post-840518-1297856016.png

works great so far...no disconnects until now when blade returns from deep sleep

Guest richardop
works great so far...no disconnects until now when blade returns from deep sleep

I'm not sure if you're saying it does work, or it doesn't work. :huh:

Guest edinho
I'm not sure if you're saying it does work, or it doesn't work. :huh:

it works...even if it lets the battery run down a bit faster...but i can live with that.

Guest richardop
it works...even if it lets the battery run down a bit faster...but i can live with that.

Great, thanks for the feedback. :huh:

• 5 weeks later...

Like an earlier poster, I haven't been able to connect to the wifi at all since installing JJ. It says scanning > authenticating > disconnected.

I have installed Blade Wifi Fix, but it hasn't made any difference. I have rebooted my router, nothing.

Is the only answer to revert back to the Orange stock ROM?

Guest womble_sanfran
Like an earlier poster, I haven't been able to connect to the wifi at all since installing JJ. It says scanning > authenticating > disconnected.

I have installed Blade Wifi Fix, but it hasn't made any difference. I have rebooted my router, nothing.

Is the only answer to revert back to the Orange stock ROM?

I am not convinced the stok rom will help, it is a phone problem, not ROM!

I am not convinced the stok rom will help, it is a phone problem, not ROM!

But I didn't have a problem with the Orange ROM, it connected every time.

Is it worth trying a different ROM and if so, which one? My OSF was originally build B10 so I'm unsure which ones I can use from the list.

Would I need to uninstall JJ first?

Edited by Guest

Guest womble_sanfran
But I didn't have a problem with the Orange ROM, it connected every time.

Is it worth trying a different ROM and if so, which one? My OSF was originally build B10 so I'm unsure which ones I can use from the list.

Would I need to uninstall JJ first?

You dont uninstal ROMS, you just put a new one on top of the existing one. I suggest you read the Swedish Spring, FLB and some of the other ROM threads and search them for wifi and see which ones users say wifi is good. The wifi question has already been mentioned in each thread so just go searching!

Problem solved.

I have changed the security setting on my router from WPA to WEP and can now access the wifi.

BTW I did use the Search facility, but JJ has over 4000 replies and even filtering that still produced pages of results.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neilleeds
Problem solved.

I have changed the security setting on my router from WPA to WEP and can now access the wifi.

BTW I did use the Search facility, but JJ has over 4000 replies and even filtering that still produced pages of results.

This may work but it's not a good idea. WEP is VERY insecure, it would be trivial for someone to access your network if they wanted to.

Guest isambard

wifi connects fine for me when i set wifi sleep to never and also don't have a sim card in. i wonder if some bug between wifi and 3g network?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tuckshop

Hi all,

I thought I had the wifi dropout issues but it turns out that it is just slow to reconnect after I take my phone out of sleep mode. I downloaded a power widget called "Dazzle" 2.9 and it has a Wifi control that displays exactly what your wifi is doing by using different colors.

Green: Wifi is on

Blue: Wifi is scanning or connecting

Red: Wifi has just been switched off or on

No Color: Wifi is off

(make sure you have version 2.9)

Anyway every time I take my phone out of sleep mode the Wifi control is blue which means that it is connecting. I wait about 3 or 4 seconds and then it turns green and it is connected OK. No need to go into the Wireless and network settings to see what state wireless is in. So this is not a fix it is just a way of being able to see what state your wireless is in as soon you take the phone out of sleep mode. Maybe this will help.

Sorry, what I failed to add was that once I was able to connect via WEP, I changed the settings back to WPA and was still able to access.

Guest Altemir

I have problem with ASUS RT-N56U but no with Zyxel P-330W EE. If I config static IP in O2X, then connection is stable with ASUS too. But pings with screen-off is very big (120..1500ms).

Edited by Altemir