WiFi issue

Guest robot1000

Guest GuillermoD

I'll add my problem to this huge thread as well.

Everything used to work smooth on my Blade but for some reason BatteryFU won't be able to wake the Wifi no more when the phone is on sleep. It only connects if the phone is not sleep while the sync happens. Everything else works like a charm, so no other problems with wifi. I've tried every single fix, tip, tweak and app that i could find from market and elsewhere without any luck. It just won't connect anymore to my ad hoc wifi if the phone is asleep :(

I am running stock 2.2 and like I said, it used to work. So I am not sure what broke it. Any advice?

I'll add my problem to this huge thread as well.

Everything used to work smooth on my Blade but for some reason BatteryFU won't be able to wake the Wifi no more when the phone is on sleep. It only connects if the phone is not sleep while the sync happens. Everything else works like a charm, so no other problems with wifi. I've tried every single fix, tip, tweak and app that i could find from market and elsewhere without any luck. It just won't connect anymore to my ad hoc wifi if the phone is asleep :(

I am running stock 2.2 and like I said, it used to work. So I am not sure what broke it. Any advice?

Wifi never worked while the phone is asleep (should be most of the time when screen is off) on any rom except the ones based on the ZTE Gingerbread leak. You need to either change rom, or use a program that keeps the phone awake, like regpon wifi keepalive (kills battery life).

Guest GuillermoD

Wifi never worked while the phone is asleep (should be most of the time when screen is off) on any rom except the ones based on the ZTE Gingerbread leak. You need to either change rom, or use a program that keeps the phone awake, like regpon wifi keepalive (kills battery life).

I am pretty sure BatteryFU used to wake the wifi and I would receive messages etc. Though I might be mistaken. Keeping the phone alive all the time would kinda counteract the whole reason I installed BatteryFU. :(

I am pretty sure BatteryFU used to wake the wifi and I would receive messages etc. Though I might be mistaken. Keeping the phone alive all the time would kinda counteract the whole reason I installed BatteryFU. :(

Maybe the app woke the phone up to wake the wifi up, I don't know, never used it. It is standard blade behaviour that the wifi disconnects a few seconds after the screen goes off. Fixed with the new wifi driver & new .35 kernel in gingerbread roms.

Guest GuillermoD

Maybe the app woke the phone up to wake the wifi up, I don't know, never used it. It is standard blade behaviour that the wifi disconnects a few seconds after the screen goes off. Fixed with the new wifi driver & new .35 kernel in gingerbread roms.

Now I am not sure anymore if it did that. I haven't have this phone that long. Yes the phone itself turns the wifi off when screen is locked, which I dont mind. I just want the BatteryFU or something to wake it every hour or so to check messages...

And I think BatteryFU used to do that, but at least now it doesn't.

Guest NinjaFridge

I haven't managed to read though all of this thread yet but i thought i'd post this anyway in case it can save me some time. I too, am having WiFi problems on my SF. I cannot connect at all to any network. I've changed the network security from WPA2 to WEP to no security and i still cannot connect. When i check the router and the devices connect to it, the phone shows up and likewise the router shows up on the phone when i scan but i can't go online. It used to be fine but then one day it stopped working and i have no idea why. Any ideas?

Guest GuillermoD

I installed Gingerleak 2.3

Now the wifi stays on when I put the phone to sleep. I can't find anyway to it automatically disable wifi while the phone is asleep. I have to manually close the wifi each time i want it not to be connected all the time while the phone is asleep. I am not using 3G, ever.

Is this normal? I would like it to disable wifi while asleep so it saves battery and only let the batteryfu enable the wifi every hour or so... :(

Though batteryfu is still not waking the beast :(

Edited by GuillermoD

• 1 year later...

Hello there

I have ZTE BLADE 2.2 Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 and i have a problem with the wifi. I can see the network, the icon of the wifi is on (with 2 lines out of 3, on) but when i open play store it say's (there is no connection). When i open explorer, the same thing. I have restarted the mobile also but same result's. Any solutions? Please help! :-)