Reverting to 1.6 after 2.1 Flash

Guest new123

Is this a possibility?

Im not looking for this to be a thread for people to start saying "Why do you want to go back, 2.1 is better etc.."

Im just wanting to know if its possible to go back to the old firmware at all.

My originally firmware was v10a CPW, and i flashed to v20b.

Ive downloaded the v10a kdz but it fails to flash using kdz_fw_upd and also using the kp500 utils method.

When i tried to flash v10a after having already flashed v20b the update failed, and left the phone unable to boot, it just displays the LG logo and hangs, so the only way out of it was to re-flash v20b in emergency/download mode which would then sucessfully boot into 2.1 again.

Does this mean that basically when going to 2.1, there is no way whatsoever to flash back to 1.6 even if I wanted to, or does someone know a different method that works.

i was thinking of being able to go back to 1.6 when 2.1 gets released in the uk, adn then using the proper LG updater to update to the uk 2.1 version.

If its not possible to go back to v10a CPW am i going to be stuck with v20b forever more, or will I be able to flash to v20a or wahtever version the uk 2.1 ROM ends up being when it gets released in the uk?

I havent found any problems with the v20b ROM, but I would however like to have the official uk rom for this phone when it comes out, so that i have the actual version that was intended for the phone.

Hope someone can shed some light out help out at all. Or has anyone been succesfully able to revert/flash back to 1.6 after flashing to 2.1?

On a similar note.. For people who decided to try out the various 1.6 ROMS, such as v10a,b,c,d etc... and falshed to deveral different versions.

How sucessful was that, and in theory should playing aroudn with different 2.1 ROM's when they get releaseed be the same?

Thanx for any help you guys can give, sorry for the long post but Im sure this post addresses a few questions that many people have been wanting to ask also.

Edited by new123

I know that using the official LG updater software it wouldnt let you go back, but i was assuming being as we were using the kdz files directly and a different method of flashing that going back may be possible.

Im just hoping that it will be possible to eventualyl flash from the 2.1 we are currently using to the official uk 2.1 when released.

Thats why i was hoping some of the people who had played around with flashing several different 1.6 ROM's might be able to give some feedback on how easy it was and how successful it also was.

Althrough theres nothign wrong with this 2.1 version we currently have, I still would prefer to eventualyl have the proper UK rom and not be stuck with this one forever.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I know that using the official LG updater software it wouldnt let you go back, but i was assuming being as we were using the kdz files directly and a different method of flashing that going back may be possible.

Im just hoping that it will be possible to eventualyl flash from the 2.1 we are currently using to the official uk 2.1 when released.

Thats why i was hoping some of the people who had played around with flashing several different 1.6 ROM's might be able to give some feedback on how easy it was and how successful it also was.

Althrough theres nothign wrong with this 2.1 version we currently have, I still would prefer to eventualyl have the proper UK rom and not be stuck with this one forever.

The only differences will more than likely be more crap added, and extra languages for europe..apart from that, virtually nothing, i guess.

I have wrote to LG Support and It has been comfirmed that this update is not official and will void your warrenty if you break your phone doing it.

LG Updates will come through an OVER THE AIR update not a computer update.

I have wrote to LG Support and It has been comfirmed that this update is not official and will void your warrenty if you break your phone doing it.

LG Updates will come through an OVER THE AIR update not a computer update.

tell more