I brick my u8220?

Guest acoba

Hi,

I think I bricked my u8220...I tried to update android v1.5 to 2.1 and now when start it the buttons lights intermitently and the screen is always in black...What can I do?

First I tried to do the upgrade according to what I readed in this forum (amonrarecovery and superboot) but when I tried to make a nandroid I got some errors and after that the android never charges (always the splash screen)

Then I tried to get one ROM from the official site of huawei and put it into the sd and stat the phone in update mode...all was ok and when the update finished I put off the battery but since that the phone does not work...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english!

Hi,

I think I bricked my u8220...I tried to update android v1.5 to 2.1 and now when start it the buttons lights intermitently and the screen is always in black...What can I do?

First I tried to do the upgrade according to what I readed in this forum (amonrarecovery and superboot) but when I tried to make a nandroid I got some errors and after that the android never charges (always the splash screen)

Then I tried to get one ROM from the official site of huawei and put it into the sd and stat the phone in update mode...all was ok and when the update finished I put off the battery but since that the phone does not work...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english!

First charge the device fully, then use Time Machine (maybe you will need both Time Machines), then start from 1.5 again.

If you bricked it, you are the first one to successfully do that...

First charge the device fully, then use Time Machine (maybe you will need both Time Machines), then start from 1.5 again.

If you bricked it, you are the first one to successfully do that...

Thanks for your answer...when I put the phone with the charger it vibrates like when you start normally the phone but the screen remains black (but it´s not the same black than where I quit the battery...). And if I press red button, volume up and power button does the same but with the lights of the buttons flashing....

I don´t know how to do the upgrade because I´m blind...

Guest AntonioPT
Thanks for your answer...when I put the phone with the charger it vibrates like when you start normally the phone but the screen remains black (but it´s not the same black than where I quit the battery...). And if I press red button, volume up and power button does the same but with the lights of the buttons flashing....

I don´t know how to do the upgrade because I´m blind...

Are you really like... blind? How can you know what are you doing on your phone?

Are you really like... blind? How can you know what are you doing on your phone?

Sorry....I mean I can´t do anything because my screen remains black...not physically blind...

Guest AntonioPT
Sorry....I mean I can´t do anything because my screen remains black...not physically blind...

Oh, sorry then... :lol:

Your problem is very strange... Maybe it's a hardware problem, because I never saw anyone with the same problem as you...

I just mentioned charging phone because if battery is very-very low, pulse will charge without turning the screen on, and only the buttons are blinking slowly.

I just mentioned charging phone because if battery is very-very low, pulse will charge without turning the screen on, and only the buttons are blinking slowly.

Hi,

I charged the phone all night and still having the same problem...the buttons only blink when I turn on the phone pressing volume up+red key+power and blink very fast...

Thanks

Guest Stevos

Make sure you are charging with the mains power charger - I've had problems with it failing to charge over a USB connection.

Also try booting with the mains power connected, but with the battery removed - might help if you have a dodgy battery.

Guest gusthy
Hi,

I charged the phone all night and still having the same problem...the buttons only blink when I turn on the phone pressing volume up+red key+power and blink very fast...

Thanks

It is very easy to see if the problem is this battery thing or something else.

Take the battery out of the device, and connect the phone to the charger, and see what' happening. If it turns on, then this is the problem. If not, not.

It is very easy to see if the problem is this battery thing or something else.

Take the battery out of the device, and connect the phone to the charger, and see what' happening. If it turns on, then this is the problem. If not, not.

When I take out then battery and connect the phone to the charger it does the same...

• 1 year later...
Guest jgilalonso

Hi,

I know that this post is long time ago but I have the same problem.

When I start my pulse, the buttons lights are blinking and the screen is always in black (with backlights on)

if I execute in linux, "adb devices", this query don't return anything.

Also, I can't enter in recovery mode because when I press red button+ volume up+power button the screen continue in black

Did you solve this issue?

Is it a HW problem or flashing ROM problem?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Guest pier11

Hi,

I know that this post is long time ago but I have the same problem.

When I start my pulse, the buttons lights are blinking and the screen is always in black (with backlights on)

if I execute in linux, "adb devices", this query don't return anything.

Also, I can't enter in recovery mode because when I press red button+ volume up+power button the screen continue in black

Did you solve this issue?

Is it a HW problem or flashing ROM problem?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

1. red button+ volume up+power button = "official rom install mode". It expects dload folder with official rom at root of your sd card.

Refer here for details: Installing the Official 2.1 Update

2. red button + MENU + power button = recovery mode. Does it enter?

3. red button + volume DOWN + power button = fast boot mode (Blue screen). Does it enter?

Edited by pier11

Guest jgilalonso

1. red button+ volume up+power button = "official rom install mode". It expects dload folder with official at root of your sd card.

Refer here for details: Installing the Official 2.1 Update

2. red button + MENU + power button = recovery mode. Does it enter?

3. red button + volume DOWN + power button = fast boot mode (Blue screen). Does it enter?

Hi Pier11,

I've tried 1) and 2) and 3).

Always the screen is black. Only a vibration when i press the power button.

I think that the only solution is GPG JTAG Box because the boot loader is corrupted.

The same symptoms in this link

Edited by jgilalonso

Guest pier11

May be not exactly your case, but in somewhat problematic cases it helped some people to unpower the device, remove battery, and leave it like that for a while...

Also our custom rom change process is not so sophisticated no corrupt bootloader... May be incompatible official rom is able to do that...

Custom roms via CWR usually only change /system /boot /data partitions...