Bug with 2.1 Baltic?

Guest qwerta369

Guest qwerta369

I'm using the Android Home rather than the LG Home.

On my furthest left "home" screen (number 1 out of 5), the default is the Google calendar widget. I deleted this and replaced it with another widget, namely, the weather widget.

Thing is, when I leave the home screen to do something else (such as web browsing, for example, or anything really) and come back to look at my furthest left home screen, the Google calendar widget has returned *behind* the weather widget!

I can't delete it immediately, since it's behind the weather widget which means when I long press it's the weather widget that's draggable to the bin and not the Google calendar widget. So I've to delete the weather widget first, then delete the Google calendar widget, then re-apply the weather widget.

It happens every time I move away from the home screen - I come back to my furthest left home screen to find the Google calendar widget has returned, behind the weather widget (or whatever widget I place there - I've tested with widgets other than the weather widget and the problem still occurs).

Can someone try replicating this please, and tell me if the same happens for you?

Nope, can't reproduced it either.

Maybe you should delete dhe calander also on the LG Screen. I have there also none.

But i had an other bug by trying this. Menu Icon had disapeard while i deleted all widgets on the android homescreen.

Came back as i put a new widget. I deleted it also, but this time the icon stayed. So this seems fairly random.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Gave it a go mate, but it is not happening here. Calendar deleted, replaced with weather with non of the problems you describe. :lol:

Yep same here..no issues, Calendar gone, Weather app replaced it, moved about the screens, into settings, ran google sky map, then backed out, and the weather app is still there.

On my furthest left "home" screen (number 1 out of 5), the default is the Google calendar widget. I deleted this and replaced it with another widget, namely, the weather widget.

Thing is, when I leave the home screen to do something else (such as web browsing, for example, or anything really) and come back to look at my furthest left home screen, the Google calendar widget has returned *behind* the weather widget!

I can't delete it immediately, since it's behind the weather widget which means when I long press it's the weather widget that's draggable to the bin and not the Google calendar widget. So I've to delete the weather widget first, then delete the Google calendar widget, then re-apply the weather widget.

It happens every time I move away from the home screen - I come back to my furthest left home screen to find the Google calendar widget has returned, behind the weather widget (or whatever widget I place there - I've tested with widgets other than the weather widget and the problem still occurs).

Can someone try replicating this please, and tell me if the same happens for you?

I think this is an isolated case for u my friend.

Guest qwerta369
Nope, can't reproduced it either.

Maybe you should delete dhe calander also on the LG Screen.

Thanks, good idea. I just switched to the LG Home Screen, deleted the Google calendar widget from the furthest left screen and then switched back to the Android Home Screen. So far so good, will update if problem reoccurs.

But i had an other bug by trying this. Menu Icon had disapeard while i deleted all widgets on the android homescreen.

Came back as i put a new widget. I deleted it also, but this time the icon stayed. So this seems fairly random.

I'm getting that too.

Another potential bug (or could be something else).. I keep losing signal.

It totally goes and says "Emergency Calls Only". If I restart the phone, problem resolved, but it's a pain. It happens once or twice a day.

I've tried resolving it by switching on Airplane mode for a minute then switching it off, but that doesn't do it.

I've tried resolving it by going in to manually select mobile network, and selecting another network (such as Vodafone IE) and it correctly says "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to the network" as I'd expect, but then when I try selecting Meteor (which is my network), it says the same "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to the network". Now why would that be?

Yep, had the same problem with android home, calendar did not go away.Then I did factory data reset and I was able to delete it, but then I had the same problem with "My status" widget.

Then I found out about LauncherPro(which is better than android or lg home) and no problems there.

Sometimes i have problems with my market, it bugs out and i cant download apps anymore, but once i restat my Mobile network, it works like a charm again.

Also im using LauncherPro too... I really hate LG and Android Screens, so LauncherPro gives me really sexy 2.2 + Sense animations look, and the performence of home screens are even better with it.

Guest qwerta369
Another potential bug (or could be something else).. I keep losing signal.

It totally goes and says "Emergency Calls Only". If I restart the phone, problem resolved, but it's a pain. It happens once or twice a day.

I've tried resolving it by switching on Airplane mode for a minute then switching it off, but that doesn't do it.

I've tried resolving it by going in to manually select mobile network, and selecting another network (such as Vodafone IE) and it correctly says "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to the network" as I'd expect, but then when I try selecting Meteor (which is my network), it says the same "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to the network". Now why would that be?

Just happened again on me.