Help with LG GT540 Optimus

Guest shoarmabakpao

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hello I bought 2 days ago an LG GT 540 Optimus and I have a question about it. I have seen many LG GT 540 named Model: GT540 Version: XXXX mine is Model GT540GO Version: V10B it's vodafone branded with sim lock on it. Would I be possible to flash this to 2.1 without any problems even though I live in Holland and still make calls?

*I am trying to update because my wifi doesn't work

Hello I bought 2 days ago an LG GT 540 Optimus and I have a question about it. I have seen many LG GT 540 named Model: GT540 Version: XXXX mine is Model GT540GO Version: V10B it's vodafone branded with sim lock on it. Would I be possible to flash this to 2.1 without any problems even though I live in Holland and still make calls?

*I am trying to update because my wifi doesn't work

the wifi does not work? what is wrong with it? the phone is named differently in different markets.

it is known as swift and also as loop, etc.

i do not se why u would not be able to update it, what i am not sure is about the sim lock.

is this phone something u bought unlocked? or is it on vodafone holland? because the sim lock could come

back on, so if it is vodafone holland then np, if it is unlocked from vodafone u.k. it might relock.

Edited by ijcy

Guest TheLostSwede

There appears to be a few different SKU's and I don't know what the difference is, but it appears that they're not all quite the same. There's the standard GT540, the GT540GO, GT540G and the GT540f. There are separate firmware versions for the latter three from what I can tell from sites writing about the "octopus box" which is a phone network unlocking and firmware upgrading box that works with a wide range of phones. I'm not sure why LG has done this, but it might very well turn out that the 2.1 firmware for the plain GT540 doesn't work on the other two models, but considering someone here got a GT540 firmware installed just fine on his/hers GT540GO, I very much doubt it.

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest RottenFoxBreath
There appears to be a few different SKU's and I don't know what the difference is, but it appears that they're not all quite the same. There's the standard GT540, the GT540GO, GT540G and the GT540f. There are separate firmware versions for the latter three from what I can tell from sites writing about the "octopus box" which is a phone network unlocking and firmware upgrading box that works with a wide range of phones. I'm not sure why LG has done this, but it might very well turn out that the 2.1 firmware for the plain GT540 doesn't work on the other two models, but considering someone here got a GT540 firmware installed just fine on his/hers GT540GO, I very much doubt it.

The o2 model is classed as the GT540GO, and flashes fine, with any software so far, variants of 1.6, and Baltic 2.1...so that blows your theory out of the water.. :lol: