HELP: cannot watch youtube

Guest guamzintrusion19

Guest guamzintrusion19

Hi!

I recently flashed my ROM to Daskalos Sense 2.5.2016 WM 6.5.3. build 23668 Full and I'm really loving it. The opera browser that comes with the ROM is not working so I downloaded Opera mobile 10. I tried watching Youtube videos but it doesn't show up. It has the video streaming player but for some reason it doesn't automatically play the youtube videos I intend to watch unlike with my original ROM. So I tried several stuff -- I downloaded adobe flash 7 and another software, YouTube play, over the Omarket but both doesn't work. In the Youtube play software, I'm getting error -3.

Please help me. What do I need to install or configure so that I can play videos.

By the way, I also tried installing Skyfire but it's saying that "it's no longer providing service in your country".

Does someone also know how to delete shortcuts that are no longer working? I don't want to see the shortcut of the old Opera Browser. Anyway to get rid of that?

Thank you all, wonderful people! :lol:

Guest urphonesux

in the file explorer go to /windows/startmenu/programs

and you can remove links there but it DOES NOT uninstall the program

for youtube on my omnia 2 i use the youtube mobile app, opera mobile, skyfire, uzardwebp, vtap, or the opera mini with extras

may not ALL work on your phone but it gives you a starting place

in opera mobile click on the wrench then go to the advanced tab and make sure that you have the plugins enabled and then try youtube

Guest Gronostaj

Program shortcuts are stored in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs like urphonesux said. You can edit this folder with any file manager or use JSPA Program Manager, which was designed specially for editing Start menu.

YouTube from Omnia 2 works on Pro too, I'm using it on Daskalos 6.5.3 b21664 ROM. Get it here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...abs-repository/

Guest urphonesux

o and i should probably add that the only reason i have more than one way of watching youtube is because the youtube mobile app doesnt like to play ALL music videos

Guest guamzintrusion19

Thanks for the tips! I finally removed the other Opera Icon from my startmenu.

No success yet with youtube. but will try your suggestions.

Now I have another problem, suddenly my phone does not respond to new messages or call. tried rebooting the phone but the same thing is happening. Does anyone know a solution to this?