[Rom](27/01/11) Alex-V 2.3/1.5 HD Froyo Sense 2.29.405.5-->with mod´s you want or not/OVOC/A2SD/NEW HD/App2sd

Guest Alexander-Vogt1@gmx.de

New Version uploaded :(

Alex-V 1.3 HD V2

-added a faster app2whatever (app2sd [ext]) script

Alex-V 1.3 HD

-added new app2whatever (big thanks melethron) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867049)

= make a ext3 (1gb [max 2gb)]) and have around 700 mb internal Memory free

= make the ext with any partitionsmaker that can handle Linux ext partitions also you can burn this as cd and reboot with it

http://sourceforge.net/projects/partedmagic/

= no noticeable lags (give the system 5-10 min to be stable)

= this new app2whatever script is save : no "settings lost on reboot"

-updated Kernel to siberes SVS Kernel (some user´s report reboots with havs kernel)

- updated App: Market, Gmail, Maps

Guest hongkongtom

great thanks Alex, does your rom include other languages such as Chinese Traditional?

besides, if I would like to use the v1.8 DATA2SD verson, should I have 1st FAT 32 (large) and 2nd FAT 32 (small) or 1st FAT 32 (large) and 2nd EXT 3( small)?

Edited by hongkongtom

great thanks Alex, does your rom include other languages such as Chinese Traditional?

besides, if I would like to use the v1.8 DATA2SD verson, should I have 1st FAT 32 (large) and 2nd FAT 32 (small) or 1st FAT 32 (large) and 2nd EXT 3( small)?

yes Chinese Traditional is in (under keyboard settings) (in hd rom..in normal i can´t check now because use at this time the hd version)

the 1.8 data2sd version must be updated with a new better script...will do if i have time...also you can install the a2sd+ rom and flash the data2whatever script after flash the rom (no reboot) but its not the fastest...as you see in my hd rom (also for our normal desire) changelog i have updated to a better faster script

with kind regards...Alex

Edited by [email protected]

Guest BashyUK

1.3v2 installed, impressed so far, recommended. Will install Espresso theme after a full day of use as it's my main theme from previous roms.

Available internal storage...500MB!!! Phone is zooming along.

UPDATE: Has been a about 7 hrs since installed, all configured as I want, just ran 3 full quadrant benchmarks in a row...2276!

Edited by BashyUK

1.3v2 installed, impressed so far, recommended. Will install Espresso theme after a full day of use as it's my main theme from previous roms.

Available internal storage...500MB!!! Phone is zooming along.

UPDATE: Has been a about 7 hrs since installed, all configured as I want, just ran 3 full quadrant benchmarks in a row...2276!

;) ;) :( ;) ;) ;) :P :D :D thanks for give it a try again now with v2

with kind regards...Alex

Alex-V 1.9 is up

-complete based on build 2.29

-updated Kernel to siberes svs/sd speed fix/Batt fix/GPU+ Kernel (because some people have problems with havs kernel)

-updated Apps: G-Mail/Market/flash player/you tube/Maps

-2 versions: a2sd+ and a automatic data2sd version

=for data 2sd 1gb ext 3 is the best

with kind regards...Alex

Guest hongkongtom
Alex-V 1.9 is up

-complete based on build 2.29

-updated Kernel to siberes svs/sd speed fix/Batt fix/GPU+ Kernel (because some people have problems with havs kernel)

-updated Apps: G-Mail/Market/flash player/you tube/Maps

-2 versions: a2sd+ and a automatic data2sd version

=for data 2sd 1gb ext 3 is the best

with kind regards...Alex

Great works Alex!

Guest BashyUK
Looks good, i'll try it. But how do i make 1gb ext.3? Rom Manager will only make 512mb. Sorry for the noob question.

2 ways:

If you have AmonRA recovery then you can partition via that

Otherwise, if you have Clockwork Mod 2.5.0.7 like many (inc. me, prefer it having tried amon ra), as that is what you get by default with Unrevoked, then:

Use GParted via Linux or another Linux based partition manager. You can get boot cd's with this on (sorry I don't have one, maybe it's earlier on this thread or elsewhere in the forum) or just download Ubuntu, boot from and run only from CD, use GParted (you may have to install it) and partition that way. Also, I'd advise you do it with the sdcard plugged into an adaptor rather than on the phone.

Remember it's always FAT32 first, specify size and create it, then EXT3 or 4 (I'd recommend 3 as it's more commonly used, some ROMS say no to ext4. As for ext2, may advise against this now, 3 is more reliable and widely supported)

Thank you for the fast reply! I have Clockwork Mod 2.5.0.7 and running mcr R10 at the moment so i will go for the Gparted method. My sdcard is currently 512mb ext.3. So I will now backup my rom and sdcard and give gparted and Alex rom a try. Sorry if my english is bad, im from Denmark.

Guest BashyUK
Thank you for the fast reply! I have Clockwork Mod 2.5.0.7 and running mcr R10 at the moment so i will go for the Gparted method. My sdcard is currently 512mb ext.3. So I will now backup my rom and sdcard and give gparted and Alex rom a try. Sorry if my english is bad, im from Denmark.

No problem, and yes I didn't mention it it but DO backup your sdcard first! :(

Your English is much better than some people from England ;)

Worked like a charm... thank you! I'm not a big Sense fan but maybe the HD sense rom can convince me. Every time i've tried Sense, I always end up going back to MCR non-sense and LauncherPro.

Guest BashyUK
Worked like a charm... thank you! I'm not a big Sense fan but maybe the HD sense rom can convince me. Every time i've tried Sense, I always end up going back to MCR non-sense and LauncherPro.

Glad to hear all went well. Also suggest you follow this same thread over on XDA as well as here, there are more users of the ROM there, so more info etc.

Really? I have tried AOSP, performance wise v good but I find Sense layout and features v polished.

Yeah really, but it might be because i'm not using twitter, facebook, peep, friendstream, footprints and so on. But i can't argue with its very polished and have some fine looking widgets but i just like it more minimalistic, i guess. But let's see what this HD rom will do for me and my non-sense conviction.

I will definitely be following the XDA thread, thank you.

Yeah really, but it might be because i'm not using twitter, facebook, peep, friendstream, footprints and so on. But i can't argue with its very polished and have some fine looking widgets but i just like it more minimalistic, i guess. But let's see what this HD rom will do for me and my non-sense conviction.

I will definitely be following the XDA thread, thank you.

Wow new user :( thanks for trying...

If you don´t want that apps delete it from the rom.zip before you flash the rom

in 2-3 h both rom´s will be updated hd to 1.4 (most apps to system again...instead of sd ext....much faster) and normal to 2.0 the newer version of build 2.29

with kind regards...Alex

@bashyuk thanks for help here ;)

Hey Alex... thank you.

I didn't knew you could delete apps from the zip file without destroying the rom, Awesome. I will be looking forward to your update then. But meanwhile i'm very satisfied with how your rom is running.

Changelog:

Alex-V 2.0 (29.12)

-based on newest 2.29.405.5

-changed updated script from a2sd+ rom

-changed update script...system/bin and xbin from the data2sd rom to the one from 1.3v2 hd

-dalvik cache2sd

Alex-V 1.4 HD (29.12)

-moved relevant system apps to system again (instead of SD-ext)

-much faster than 1.3 v2

-dalvik cache moves to sd now

New Versions up :(

with kind regards...Alex

Sorry for this question, but I'm a bit puzzled? and due to the fact that last time it took me about 1.5 days to flash a ROM (and to root my desire) I would probably test your patience with a few questions. (I tried to brwose for it, but it made me more confused :( ).

* I have an HTC Desire with Paul r9 on it. 8Gb SD Card with about 7Gb FAT32 partition, 1Gb ext3 partition and 64Mb linux swap *

1. What is better ap2sd or ap2sd+ ?

2. What version shall I use V2.0 or the 1.4 HD ROM?

3. Do I need to erase my SD Card prior to flashing the new ROM?

Thanks

Sagi

1. It depends on the user but I usually use the second option that also moves Dalvik cache and gives you more space.

2. The second version uses the new Sense that has some skinning options, some new software and (my personal opinion) looks somewhat nicer.

3. It's not necessary (apart from ext partition and .android folder if I remember correctly) but there will be some files from your old rom so I usually erase it and start from scratch because I hate cluttered memory. You can just wipe from clockwork and flash if you wish.

Edited by bpivk

Guest BashyUK
Sorry for this question, but I'm a bit puzzled? and due to the fact that last time it took me about 1.5 days to flash a ROM (and to root my desire) I would probably test your patience with a few questions. (I tried to brwose for it, but it made me more confused :( ).

* I have an HTC Desire with Paul r9 on it. 8Gb SD Card with about 7Gb FAT32 partition, 1Gb ext3 partition and 64Mb linux swap *

Thanks

Sagi

Without meaning any offence at all I must stress that you only flash either roms a2sd+ version and not d2sd as this is still in wip stages really and may cause you unnecessary headache being new to roms. The hd version is very good but at the same time it's not the native sense for a standard desire whereas the other rom is based on the latest version of standard Sense. So basically I'm saying flash V2.0 a2sd + :-)

Otherwise whatever bpvik said.

Edited by BashyUK

Guest Mr Taylor
Without meaning any offence at all I must stress that you only flash either roms a2sd+ version and not d2sd as this is still in wip stages really and may cause you unnecessary headache being new to roms. The hd version is very good but at the same time it's not the native sense for a standard desire whereas the other rom is based on the latest version of standard Sense. So basically I'm saying flash V2.0 a2sd + :-)

Otherwise whatever bpvik said.

I like the HD A2SD+ version, but tried the HD D2SD version first and found it a little slow to respond, even after a couple of hours; the Quadrant scores are stratospheric though, which makes me think that the rom could be prone to losing data, as mentioned in some other forums. However, the A2SD+ of the HD Rom is superb and Alex deserves lots of credit for his efforts :(

Someone should explain what all these A2SD, A2SD+, D2SD, APP2SD, CIFS, BFS, etc are in one post for newbies.. I may if I get time

Thank you all for the quick reply,

I understand there is a consensus around the a2sd+, but regarding the ROM version (HD, or the other one) it more about personal favorite.

Thanks