Removing all the orange branding

Guest Bouncer5

Guest Bouncer5

Hello! Picking on of these up later after playing with it in orange yesterday, I know to flash pauls rom, But will the splash screen change from the bizzare looking android and the orange boot screen, Also any suggestions on removing the orange icon of the back of the phone?

I made sure when getting my desire to avoid that nasty stuff.

Hello! Picking on of these up later after playing with it in orange yesterday, I know to flash pauls rom, But will the splash screen change from the bizzare looking android and the orange boot screen, Also any suggestions on removing the orange icon of the back of the phone?

I'll release a tuturial to change the bootscreen tonight :lol:

(well, I'll try to, should be easy enough B))

Guest jdtanner

How about http://bit.ly/bBJRLT (eBay link) to cover the Orange logo on the back of the phone?

John

Guest Bouncer5
How about http://bit.ly/bBJRLT (eBay link) to cover the Orange logo on the back of the phone?

John

I think the sticker would annoy me more, Anyway its for the other half, Im sure the logo will bug her as much as me.

I'll release a tuturial to change the bootscreen tonight :lol:

(well, I'll try to, should be easy enough B))

The boot screen I assume would simply be bootanimation.zip?

The green android splash screen on the other hand, Its a pain in the ass

Edited by Bouncer5

I think the sticker would annoy me more, Anyway its for the other half, Im sure the logo will bug her as much as me.

The boot screen I assume would simply be bootanimation.zip?

The green android splash screen on the other hand, Its a pain in the ass

I'll look to theming that. I think it's in the framework-res.apk.

And I want to get a new framework working tonight :lol:

Guest jdtanner
Paint over the Orange logo on the back with a permanent marker? :lol:

Or maybe put the phone in a case...I've never been bothered by the logo on the back of a phone because I never see it. The operator braning of the OS on the other hand drives me up the wall! B)

John

Guest Bouncer5
Or maybe put the phone in a case...I've never been bothered by the logo on the back of a phone because I never see it. The operator braning of the OS on the other hand drives me up the wall! ;)

John

Shall do, If you can point me to one for the phone :)

Guest Sebastian404
There is no bootanimation.zip

it's all done within the framework-res.apk

Actually, no, there's a bootanimation executable in the bin directory.

Guest Simon O

Interestingly the 2.2 ROM uses the bootanimation.zip along with an audio file. Anybody got any ideas how to make the rom load an animation from zip instead of framework? I tried removing the images from the framework but this just makes a black screen..

I've been trying to replace the orange logo which appears on boot. It's inside the boot.img but my attempts so far of making a working boot img are failing. I'm not entirely sure what is so different about the Blade boot img ;)

I want to replace the image with a MoDaCo logo :)

post-697226-1286182983_thumb.jpg

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Sebastian404
Yeah, but that calls the images from framework-res.

P

True, but if you remove it, the phone does not play the boot animation any more...

If you replace it with the stock bootanimation it actually plays the standard Android Shine animation, the assets for that are still in framework-res.

Guest Sebastian404
I've been trying to replace the orange logo which appears on boot. It's inside the boot.img but my attempts so far of making a working boot img are failing. I'm not entirely sure what is so different about the Blade boot img :)

I unpacked and repacked the boot.img without any problems, I've currently got an upside down android as my boot image, as its the one I copied from the 2.2 boot.img

Guest Simon O
I unpacked and repacked the boot.img without any problems, I've currently got an upside down android as my boot image, as its the one I copied from the 2.2 boot.img

Would you mind sharing the commands you are using to rebuild the image please? I'm wondering if the app I'm using is somehow not using the right commands when building the image (dsixda rom kitchen).

Guest Simon O
What base address and command line are you using?

P

I'm using the dsixda rom kitchen to unpack and repack the boot.img which is the same I used with the Pulse. Output when I make the image:

Attempting to determine kernel base address ...

Using base address of 0x03000000

Attempting to determine command line parameter ...

No cmdline found

I looked at the original image with a hex editor and there doesn't appear to be any command line. So I guess this is making the rom kitchen not pass any command to mkbootimg. Should there be a command line? I can force it to add a command line if needed.

Guest Swift_gti

For removing the Orange logo on the back, I remember that some guys used to use a sugar cube to rub away the O2 logo on the old XDA's.. so may be worth having a go with that?

Guest Simon O
Correct, there is no command line. Your base address is right too... Hmm...

Never used the dsixda kitchen i'm afraid...

P

Ok. I'll give it a try manually with command line.