Problem With 2.1 update

Guest manny_vr6

Guest manny_vr6

I Updated from 1.6 to 2.1, all went well, I rebooted after the update and it was working fine, then I turned off the phone and inserted my SIM card, and poof!!! ...I get a repeated error over and over saying " com.android. has stopped working " "force close " so I force close and it coms back??? any ideas on what to look at? I allready tied re-flashing it...still same problem. :lol:

Somewhere I read that after hard reset your phone will work fine. That should do it.

correct! had same issue, BUT TAKE OUT SIM CARD AND MEMORY CARD!!

Guest RottenFoxBreath
It did'nt work :lol: , Some siad that I should root 2.1, But isnt that just for permission to install apps?

Do a hard reset, and then a factory reset...it has solved other people's issues like yours.

Guest manny_vr6
Do a hard reset, and then a factory reset...it has solved other people's issues like yours.

IT did'nt work? no matter what I do, I tried to even root it and I get an msg saying permission denied? then I tried 3845#*540# /module test / stability test/ enable root permission, ..... Enable root permision is gone...its not there?? , It was before I updated to 2.1 though, , and I still vnt get my sim to work?? everytime I put it in it says com.android...has stoped working...Strange??

Guest manny_vr6

Well Its fixed...The Reason why I kept getting the Error "com.android.processes has stoped working" as soon as I put my sim in the cell phone, was because my sim was'nt a 3g sim, So I went to a cell phone store and bought one and the problem was fixed!...

android 2.1 ROCKS!!