Bug in the 1.6 Dialer, does 2.1 have the same too?

Guest eirh

Hello,

i found a bug in the Dialer. If I have a contact, lets say, Andreas, with this number: +32 123 4567 and another contact, George, with the number 1234567. when I try to call George, I find his name in the contacts list and press the button to dial - the dialer says: Calling Andreas and dials +32 123 4567!

Does this happen on your phones too? Mine is still running on 1.6, is this happening in 2.1 as well?

Edited by eirh

Hello,

i found a bug in the Dialer. If I have a contact, lets say, Andreas, with this number: +32 123 4567 and another contact, George, with the number 1234567. when I try to call George, I find his name in the contacts list and press the button to dial - the dialer says: Calling Andreas and dials +32 123 4567!

Does this happen on your phones too? Mine is still running on 1.6, is this happening in 2.1 as well?

not happening in 2.1, but it never happened to me in 1.6 either though.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
not happening in 2.1, but it never happened to me in 1.6 either though.

lol..you have to select the person to call, not just press call..it will dial the first person on your list it seems.

did anyone actually try what i described above, or are you just saying what you think will happen? 'it has never happened to me on 1.6' did you actually have 2 contacts which were as similar as described?

follow the instructions, and select the contact, not just press the dial button, whatever.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
did anyone actually try what i described above, or are you just saying what you think will happen? 'it has never happened to me on 1.6' did you actually have 2 contacts which were as similar as described?

follow the instructions, and select the contact, not just press the dial button, whatever.

Why would i have two completely seperate and named contacts, with the same number??

Anyway, I added Andreas, and George, and their numbers, and can't replicate what you say you see..but Andreas said to tell you, to stop phoning him up, as he is sick of being mistaken for George, he also said they don't look anything like each other, and don't have the same phone number... :lol:

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Tried my parent's home number...each one my mum and dad has a seperate contact entry, with the same number, as well as different mobiles, but I tried to ring my mum on the house phone, and the phone, dialed "Mum...and her number".

Next, I tried my Dad's entry, and guess what....it dialed his too.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Why would i have two completely seperate and named contacts, with the same number??

it's not the same number, if you read carefully, that's the whole point. but, nevermind, i guess i exceeded the reading limit of 140 chars. no thinking, preferably.

Edited by eirh