How to telnet/ssh/scp into phone from PC?

Guest dwl99

The terminal emulator is a bit fiddly with the small screen - is there a way to telnet/ssh/scp into the phone from a PC? I have the r2 ROM with busybox. SCP would be awesome if it was technically possible.

Guest BigBearMDC
The terminal emulator is a bit fiddly with the small screen - is there a way to telnet/ssh/scp into the phone from a PC? I have the r2 ROM with busybox. SCP would be awesome if it was technically possible.

You usually use adb (Android Debug Bridge). Its part of the Android SDK. It works like a remote shell, but the communication between the phone and the PC is handled via TCP protocols.

Best regards,

BB

You usually use adb (Android Debug Bridge). Its part of the Android SDK. It works like a remote shell, but the communication between the phone and the PC is handled via TCP protocols.

Best regards,

BB

Thanks - I installed ADB over WIFI but it crashes - do I need anything else in terms of ADB apps?

Guest BigBearMDC
Thanks - I installed ADB over WIFI but it crashes - do I need anything else in terms of ADB apps?

You don't need any application at all on your phone. ADB is already integrated in Android. Just download the Android SDK (or just ADB as a standalone version), connect your phone via USB, enable "USB Debugging" on your phone and run "adb shell" on your PC :lol:

Best regards,

BB

even easier, use adb over wifi, no usb needed!

download adbwireless from the market, run and enable adb over tcpip

on your host pc type adb connect 192.168.1.2:5555 (or whatever adbwireless tells you)

then

adb shell

just downloaded the adbWireless widget and it works great. If you are using a Windows PC and have already rooted than you will have all the adb utilities required; e.g. adb-windows.exe. If you are using static IPs than obviously the ip to connect would be the same, so if your static ip is set to, for example, 192.168.11.11 then you need to go a DOS window, change directory to where the adb utiilities are (assuming you're using a Windows) and type 'adb-windows connect 192.168.11.11:5555'. Obviously make sure your SF has wireless set 'ON' otherwise nothing works.

Very nice app ! :lol: