Cant get KDZ to work

Guest Prince of Dreams

Guest Prince of Dreams

Hi Guys,

Trying to update my Optimus GT540 (CPW) to Android 2.1

I run the windows enabler, then load KDZ but once it has loaded it stays greyed out, I cant select anything at all all I can do is click the close button, nothing else responds.

Also does anyone have a link to an English version, mine is Russian.

Any help would be really appreciated

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi Guys,

Trying to update my Optimus GT540 (CPW) to Android 2.1

I run the windows enabler, then load KDZ but once it has loaded it stays greyed out, I cant select anything at all all I can do is click the close button, nothing else responds.

Also does anyone have a link to an English version, mine is Russian.

Any help would be really appreciated

Read the umpteen posts on updating..it really can't be that hard to find out what you are doing wrong?

Guest Prince of Dreams
Read the umpteen posts on updating..it really can't be that hard to find out what you are doing wrong?

Thanks for your post it was really... Unhelpful and quite pointless. I have read through all the posts but cant find reference to this problem. It is obviously a common problem that's why there are so many replies... DUH. If you haven't anything useful to say then perhaps staying silent would be a better idea

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Thanks for your post it was really... Unhelpful and quite pointless. I have read through all the posts but cant find reference to this problem. It is obviously a common problem that's why there are so many replies... DUH. If you haven't anything useful to say then perhaps staying silent would be a better idea

No problem..glad to be of help. :)

But seriously..if you took the time to read about people's issues, in the first forum page, you will see that quite a lot have had issues like yours, and another topic on it isnt needed, only a minute or two searching, and answers would be found.

You know, the type of posts that say ----

Try "download mode" -( press and hold Volume Down then plug USB cable in)

Run windows enabler in windows 7 in administrator mode,

Make sure the phone is set to debug mode..not mass storage..

or click enabler to make sure it says "on",

expand KDZ updater,

put all files on the desktop,

maybe try another upload of the KDZ updater.....etc..

Edited by RottenFoxBreath