Framework Factory V2

Guest Rem1x

The themes would have to be completely remade due to the resolution differences. Luckily a few of the themes that ogiogi ported have been released for hdpi devices like the Nexus so they are easy to port to the SanFran.

So the main difference is the layout/icon sizes due to the resolution differences?

Guest Simon O
I think i've got it now

xmls.zip

Thanks. I've just figured out what I've been doing wrong.. the last two digits in the hex code set transparency.. so I should be leaving this set to FF

I've got most of the text fixed now. Still got black text on the notifications but I'll work on that.

Thanks for the help, ogiogi

Thanks. I've just figured out what I've been doing wrong.. the last two digits in the hex code set transparency.. so I should be leaving this set to FF

I've got most of the text fixed now. Still got black text on the notifications but I'll work on that.

Thanks for the help, ogiogi

NP :D

Did you try the xmls i uploaded

changed two lines in status_bar_expanded.xml

android:textColor="?textColorSecondaryInverse" to android:textColor="ffffffff"

and set the first two digits to FF :P

Edited by ogiogi

By the way, I'm loving this. Getting all the benefits of themes that you get with Custom Roms, but without having to have the source code and custom kernals!

Guest Simon O
NP :D

Did you try the xmls i uploaded

changed two lines in status_bar_expanded.xml

android:textColor="?textColorSecondaryInverse" to android:textColor="ffffffff"

and set the first two digits to FF :D

I did try the xmls but they made the ticker text white. I'm using the ones I modified now and everything except the black text is working.

post-697226-1287494026_thumb.png

It is all fun :P

My XML: xml.zip

Edited by flibblesan

I did try the xmls but they made the ticker text white. I'm using the ones I modified now and everything except the black text is working.

Oh ok.

You can change status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png with a lighter one or invert the original.

Guest Simon O
Oh ok.

You can change status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png with a lighter one or invert the original.

I'll probably have to do that. I just can't get the black text to change color so that will do as a quick fix.

Thanks for all your help :P

Guest jimmy2x2x
Elegant Steel theme v1

Ported by flibblesan with help from ogiogi. Original theme by Jedispotty from XDA.

Flash using Clockworkmod Recovery

Download with original fonts: elegantsteel-framework-orig.zip

Download with custom fonts: elegantsteel-framework.zip

Looks great!

I just flashed this custom fonts version

Are the dock icons and wallpaper included in the theme? I can't seem to find them..

Also in my app drawer I have a couple of apps with symbols in the text that look like question marks in a box like this [?]

(Pacman championship edition and Quick system info pro are two such apps)

EDIT: also, the phone is very sluggish after reboot and unlocking, when I try and scroll the home screens its dog slow for about 30 seconds or so then seems to stabilise.

Thanks for sharing your work :P

Edited by jimmy2x2x

Okay... this is me being rather stupid :P I installed the GalaS V2 and it's awesome... but, how the hell do I get the icons and side scrolling menu, like the Galaxy S? I know this should be easy but it's driving me mad! I've had a look through this thread and the answer either isn't there or my eyes are fooling me :D cheers

Edited by tomjo7

Guest Simon O
Looks great!

I just flashed this custom fonts version

Are the dock icons and wallpaper included in the theme? I can't seem to find them..

Also in my app drawer I have a couple of apps with symbols in the text that look like question marks in a box like this [?]

(Pacman championship edition and Quick system info pro are two such apps)

EDIT: also, the phone is very sluggish after reboot and unlocking, when I try and scroll the home screens its dog slow for about 30 seconds or so then seems to stabilise.

Thanks for sharing your work :P

The wallpaper isn't included as that is just my devices current wallpaper. The text issue could be caused by the custom font. Dock icons are Samsung Galaxy S icons: Galaxy_Icons.zip

Wallpaper: post-697226-1287514307_thumb.jpg

The wallpaper is designed not to scroll. You can set this from the LauncherPro Appearance settings. Check "Disable wallpaper scrolling"

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Okay... this is me being rather stupid :P I installed the GalaS V2 and it's awesome... but, how the hell do I get the icons and side scrolling menu, like the Galaxy S? I know this should be easy but it's driving me mad! I've had a look through this thread and the answer either isn't there or my eyes are fooling me :D cheers

Two options for the menu.

1) Install a replacement launcher like ADW.Launcher and a theme like Gala S ADW Theme.

2) Install the Samsung Touchwiz3 launcher from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LLGZE4S

Samsung style icons can be downloaded from here: Galaxy_Icons.zip

Use an application like BetterCut to replace system icons or a replacement system launcher like ADW or LauncherPro which allows you to choose a custom icon for a homescreen shortcut.

1) Install a replacement launcher like ADW.Launcher and a theme like Gala S ADW Theme.

2) Install the Samsung Touchwiz3 launcher from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LLGZE4S

Use an application like BetterCut to replace system icons or a replacement system launcher like ADW or LauncherPro which allows you to choose a custom icon for a homescreen shortcut.

hi there, could you please help me out? i have launcher pro plus, and a folder with all my games, i wanted to create a shortcut on the dock bar to open the folder. is this possible? cant find how to make a shortcut to a folder, there is the option of creating own launcher pro shortcut but i dont know how to use it...thanks in advance

Thank You - All sorted now!

Guest jimmy2x2x
The wallpaper isn't included as that is just my devices current wallpaper. The text issue could be caused by the custom font. Dock icons are Samsung Galaxy S icons: Galaxy_Icons.zip

The wallpaper is designed not to scroll. You can set this from the LauncherPro Appearance settings. Check "Disable wallpaper scrolling"

Thanks for that, got it all working now, I have changed back to the normal font and the issue ([?] character) has gone.

What widget are you using for the clock on that theme please?

Is it normal for this theme to freeze the phone for 30 seconds on first boot?

Thanks again for all your efforts, Im really liking your work!

Guest Simon O
Thanks for that, got it all working now, I have changed back to the normal font and the issue ([?] character) has gone.

What widget are you using for the clock on that theme please?

Is it normal for this theme to freeze the phone for 30 seconds on first boot?

Thanks again for all your efforts, Im really liking your work!

Clock widget is TypoClock

I'm not sure about any freezing. I'll have to check it.

@fibblesan/Rem1x in particular:

I've tried both the Elegant Steel and Espresso themes chaps, thanks a bunch for some cool work :P . Just wanted to ask though, should I be rolling the META-INF folder into Paul's update-r4.zip and replacing the default that's there before updating the MCR? I ask because I've had problems with the Android Market since updating to r4, because (I assume) I rolled in the framework files only, without considering the other stuff...

Advice would be appreciated, cheers.

Edited by weba