rooted out of the box

Guest stephent123

Guest stephent123

Got my san fran today and installes a few things including a security app. I ran the app and it stated that my phone was rooted,however i aint done it. Could the app be wrong?

Guest acolwill

Read the stickied topics on how to root this device.

Using any other method OTHER than how Paul has specified does not guarantee that your device will be rooted.

Guest stephent123
Read the stickied topics on how to root this device.

Using any other method OTHER than how Paul has specified does not guarantee that your device will be rooted.

I think you have misunderstood! I havent rooted the phone, just installed some free apps from the app market place. I ran a security app and it stated that my phone was rooted. :)

How would i check if it is?

Guest clivec
I think you have misunderstood! I havent rooted the phone, just installed some free apps from the app market place. I ran a security app and it stated that my phone was rooted. :)

How would i check if it is?

Install "shoot me" off the market, run it and see if it runs ok. also if its rooted you'll see an app called superuser in your programs

Guest blunden

It probably just checks the system partition for the su binary. From what I understand it is indeed present on these phones stock builds. The thing that make them not work though is that fact that is doesn't have the correct permissions set to do it's job.

Edited by blunden