Google earth not in the market

Guest sid4

I have been trying to install google earth but it doesnt show up in the market, and when I installed the apk the app doest start. Anyone had luck running this programme so far?

Guest acolwill
I have been trying to install google earth but it doesnt show up in the market, and when I installed the apk the app doest start. Anyone had luck running this programme so far?

Android 2.2 only, same as Chrome to Phone

I read it should be compatible with 2.1. I even downloaded Google Earth v1.0, which was released in January well before froyo but it still didn't work.

After doing some searches it seems like google earth may not work on the blade because it only works on phones which have support for floating point acceleration. Earth won't work on the HTC hero either, with which the blade shares the MSM7227 processor.

Guest blunden
So what's your point?
His point is that the Hero and the Blade/San Francisco don't share the same processor at all. The latter uses a newer version.

The rest of your research is correct though as far as I know.

Guest sipart
I read it should be compatible with 2.1. I even downloaded Google Earth v1.0, which was released in January well before froyo but it still didn't work.

After doing some searches it seems like google earth may not work on the blade because it only works on phones which have support for floating point acceleration. Earth won't work on the HTC hero either, with which the blade shares the MSM7227 processor.

Thanks for the insight into floating point acceleration, first time I have heard this mentioned (and I have looked!) - having a Samsung Galaxy portal as well I always wondered why it wouldn't work. Thought the SF having better res and graphics would handle it.....but sadly no it seems.

My 1st Gen ipod Touch (3 years old) runs Google Earth and I have two Google (!) phones that don't - but hey that's progress for ya :-(

Android fragmentation - don't you just love it.......

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Thanks for the insight into floating point acceleration, first time I have heard this mentioned (and I have looked!) - having a Samsung Galaxy portal as well I always wondered why it wouldn't work. Thought the SF having better res and graphics would handle it.....but sadly no it seems.

My 1st Gen ipod Touch (3 years old) runs Google Earth and I have two Google (!) phones that don't - but hey that's progress for ya :-(

Android fragmentation - don't you just love it.......

Hows that fragmentation? You have two android phones it works on neither LOL