Weird screen corruption

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

I first noticed last night that I had some screen corruption on the phone. After a lot of playing I've found out that I only get the corruption when I've pulled the notification bar down whilst using the web browser in landscape mode.

At first I thought this was a problem with the screen itself but I decided to check this by taking a screen grab using the Android SDK. Lo and behold the corruption shows up in the screen grab. So I'm relieved it's not a screen problem.

This is the corruption I get. It only happens in a specific place:

post-697226-1286102454_thumb.png

Then it goes back to normal:

post-697226-1286102459_thumb.png

The corruption flicks on and off quite regularly. It only happens in landscape mode so I'm 100% sure it's not a hardware problem. But why is it happening?

I've made an example of this:

anim.gif

Guest Simon O

Update: This seems to only happen with network access. I've tested it with WiFi and 3G and the corruption only happens when loading a webpage in the background, and only on the notification bar... it's very odd.

Guest David Horvath

Can be that the network driver is leaking? There should be no connection between them, if there is thats a big problem.. But only a software problem, so a custom rom will fix it..