How to flash a .bin on Acer Liquid E? (Device specific please)

Guest Koki1337

Guest Koki1337

Yes, how do you do that exactly?

Does it brick your device?

Is it hard?

Does it affect what ROM you can use on that specific .bin?

Can you downgrade?

Anyway, I downloaded the bin file from xian at here

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...nogenmod-6-1-0/

Specifically is this : - Latest .bin to flash before flashing CyanogenMod (new radio included, 04.04.02, .bin v1.100.63)

When I downloaded it, got Acer Tools (I don't know which version I'm using) and it writes A1. The Liquid E is actually S100.

Then confusion starts when it says MD5 is incorrect with that bin.

Here, I'm begging for a proper guide on how to flash a bin file on the Liquid/E (if it's the same) and also being able to provide the files needed.

Clarifications are much appreciated.

I rooted my phone with Malez recovery 0.6 by the way

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Dario93
Yes, how do you do that exactly?

Does it brick your device?

Is it hard?

Does it affect what ROM you can use on that specific .bin?

Can you downgrade?

Anyway, I downloaded the bin file from xian at here

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...nogenmod-6-1-0/

Specifically is this : - Latest .bin to flash before flashing CyanogenMod (new radio included, 04.04.02, .bin v1.100.63)

When I downloaded it, got Acer Tools (I don't know which version I'm using) and it writes A1. The Liquid E is actually S100.

Then confusion starts when it says MD5 is incorrect with that bin.

Here, I'm begging for a proper guide on how to flash a bin file on the Liquid/E (if it's the same) and also being able to provide the files needed.

Clarifications are much appreciated.

I rooted my phone with Malez recovery 0.6 by the way

I'll start answering your questions:

If you avoid to unplug the usb cable from the device while flashing,there's no risk of brick. (but you MUST pay attention to the bin you choosed, for example the .bin 1.100.63 is suitable for Liquid E).

It's not hard.

Yes, but it depends on the ROM you want to dump. Howewer, in the description of the ROMs,there's usually the recommended .bin.

You can always downgrade, just flash another .bin.

WHEN ACER TOOL SAYS THAT THE MD5 IS INCORRECT, JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT IT AND CONTINUE WITH THE FOLLOWING STEP OF THE GUIDE.

And finally, THE GUIDE. Follow this simple steps:

1- Download this tool: Acer A1 DL TOOL

2- Extract the zip file into Desktop

3- Move the .bin file in the ACER_A1_Bin subfolder placed into A1_DL_Tool_[intra][single]_v3.100_20091027 folder

4- Connect your phone (it must be turned ON) to your PC

5- Run the “ACER Download Tool [single] executable (If you're using Vista/7 you must run it in compatibility mode,with administrator privileges)

6- Click the BROWSE button and search for the .bin file you previously put into ACER_A1_Bin folder

7- Click START, and remember, DO NOT stop the flashing process, DO NOT unplug your device, or you'll have a very expensive and NOT WORKING piece of plastic and steel on your desk.

Hope it will be useful! :)

Best regards,

Dario

Guest Koki1337

Wow thanks!

This is what I call a proper clarification-cum-guide!

Seriously, thanks a bunch!

One last thing - does the Liquid bin works with Liquid E bin??

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Dario93
Wow thanks!

This is what I call a proper clarification-cum-guide!

Seriously, thanks a bunch!

One last thing - does the Liquid bin works with Liquid E bin??

;) Yes, usually Liquid bin works with liquid E, but in some cases they are device specific. For example here you can find all the official bins and for few of them, there's the specification FOR LIQUID 256/512 MB only.Otherwise, they usually can be flashed also on Liquid E.

Bye! :)

Guest Koki1337

Does this bin work for the Liquid E then?

.bin v1.100.63 I mean.

So if I flash this, I'm ignoring the incorrect MD5

And this is working on a Liquid E, even though it says A1.

Guest Dario93
Does this bin work for the Liquid E then?

.bin v1.100.63 I mean.

So if I flash this, I'm ignoring the incorrect MD5

And this is working on a Liquid E, even though it says A1.

Yes, i already flashed this bin when i tried Xianogen, and i had no problems with my liquid E. So, what are you waiting for! :) Go and flash your Xian mod! =)

Guest Koki1337

Oh my God!!!! You helped me so much here ;)

I'm really glad that you offered your help. I really would propose that this guide would be stickied if you post a guide on this.

Well anyway, that was the most intense and scary few minutes of my life though :)

Guest Chewy11

hi

am working thru this too, posted on XDA too, no rsponse yet

am rooted with Malez, have 0.6 recovery and want to update bin

am on lcr 1.8.2.2 with stock rogers canadian bin 1.100.03_PA_ROG

have drivers and Acer download tool 3.1 installed

Questions:

when i download what is linked to as a "bin" it comes in and is in my firefox download window as "zip" or "rar".....so i go and rename to .zip (or it does not show in browse tab in tool)

then when in acer download tool i choose this new named "bin" in first window of tool (use small browse tab to choose file )

then click start

follows MANY warnings like missing files,missing md5, unchecked, some strange squares.acer more squares.bin???????????????

i clear all warnings

tool starts, then does a backup(says that in window,,,no idea what or where)

then stops in lower tool window says not connected

and my phone is turned off............only way to get it to boot is with a battery remove, and then when booted its like nothing happened on phone

HELP!!!

Guest Koki1337

Awww, my Xianogen attempt still fails with a bootloop though :)

Even with an alternate bootscreen

MalezRecovery 0.6 btw.

hi

am working thru this too, posted on XDA too, no rsponse yet

am rooted with Malez, have 0.6 recovery and want to update bin

am on lcr 1.8.2.2 with stock rogers canadian bin 1.100.03_PA_ROG

have drivers and Acer download tool 3.1 installed

Questions:

when i download what is linked to as a "bin" it comes in and is in my firefox download window as "zip" or "rar".....so i go and rename to .zip (or it does not show in browse tab in tool)

then when in acer download tool i choose this new named "bin" in first window of tool (use small browse tab to choose file )

then click start

follows MANY warnings like missing files,missing md5, unchecked, some strange squares.acer more squares.bin???????????????

i clear all warnings

tool starts, then does a backup(says that in window,,,no idea what or where)

then stops in lower tool window says not connected

and my phone is turned off............only way to get it to boot is with a battery remove, and then when booted its like nothing happened on phone

HELP!!!

Did you install the Acer Drivers?

Did you get the program running in compatibility mode?

Did you get the program running as admin?

You need to extract the .rar or .zip file to get the .bin.

Guest Chewy11

Drivers installed.

compatability mode??? not shure how, am on windows XP so should be ok

my computer has no admin mode only owner....single user home computer

when i extract what people allover call a "bin"zip , lets say to my desktop, I get a file with alot of stuff but no .bin , only a PDF , a .exe , a .txt , a.msi and a folder called dotnetfx with 3 exe....and the Acer DL tool sees none of these........

what am i missing here

seems really simple

must be missing something rally stupid

thanks for any help-advice

Guest Koki1337

Extract your Acer Tools into a simple folder, then copy your downloaded .bin file into the .bin folder at Acer Tools.

Open up Acer Tools .exe file, since you're running on XP so no sweat.

Should be fairly simple, some screenshots labelling your problems might be much helpful though

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Try this bootscreen, it works for Liquid E: http://poolp.org/~phh/Froyo91-fix3.3.zip :)

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll make a post with a detailed guide for flashing bins!

I highly recommend only using the boot.img from that zip, as the other parts of it may conflict with Xianogen (or XianKoud, or CM6, or Xian LiquidF, or whatever you want to call it).

I don't believe you can choose to update the boot.img from malez, so here's a stripped version of the previously mentioned zip. This one only includes the boot.img and the update-script has been modified accordingly. Linky: http://www.multiupload.com/RS627CZIGN

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest Chewy11

DONE

extracting zip to empty file was the missing link for me

thanks to dario93 and koki137

and to Malez for making rooting a breeze with his recovery

Guest Koki1337
Try this bootscreen, it works for Liquid E: http://poolp.org/~phh/Froyo91-fix3.3.zip :)

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll make a post with a detailed guide for flashing bins!

I highly recommend only using the boot.img from that zip, as the other parts of it may conflict with Xianogen (or XianKoud, or CM6, or Xian LiquidF, or whatever you want to call it).

I don't believe you can choose to update the boot.img from malez, so here's a stripped version of the previously mentioned zip. This one only includes the boot.img and the update-script has been modified accordingly. Linky: http://www.multiupload.com/RS627CZIGN

How convenient! I'll try both and have a look on it ;)

One thing for sure, both have very similar file names.

Does seem smoother with Delnar's, but WiFi is not working on both devices.

Anyway, why is it so laggy on Xianogen FroYo??

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Sweet. Is your WiFi working on your xianogen btw?

I experienced the same problems when I flashed that fix about a month ago. I ended up reflashing Xianogen because I could find no way to fix WiFi. I still don't know what caused WiFi to stop working, which is why I stripped everything but the boot.img from that zip. If you flashed the Fix3.3 zip linked to by Dario93, even if you then flashed the zip I made, you might have run into the same problem. I created a sort of reverse-zip that restores everything replaced by the other zip except for boot.img. If you're still experiencing WiFi problems after flashing this zip, or if you only flashed the zip that only contains Phhroyo's boot.img file, I think the problem might be inherit in the boot.img itself. In that case, tough luck, I don't think I can help you, since I haven't learned about how to edit a ROM's boot.img.

Linky to the reverse-zip: http://www.multiupload.com/3MCOIGEWOD

Guest Koki1337
I experienced the same problems when I flashed that fix about a month ago. I ended up reflashing Xianogen because I could find no way to fix WiFi. I still don't know what caused WiFi to stop working, which is why I stripped everything but the boot.img from that zip. If you flashed the Fix3.3 zip linked to by Dario93, even if you then flashed the zip I made, you might have run into the same problem. I created a sort of reverse-zip that restores everything replaced by the other zip except for boot.img. If you're still experiencing WiFi problems after flashing this zip, or if you only flashed the zip that only contains Phhroyo's boot.img file, I think the problem might be inherit in the boot.img itself. In that case, tough luck, I don't think I can help you, since I haven't learned about how to edit a ROM's boot.img.

Ah thanks. I'm trying Koudelka's now lol

Guest Dario93

Thanks, i'll flash this asap. I'll post my progress if i manage to get wifi working

Guest Koki1337
Thanks, i'll flash this asap. I'll post my progress if i manage to get wifi working

Your wifi is not working too?

I'm on Koudelka's FroYo and I got 26.29MFLOPS on Linpack with couple of apps running on the background with clock at 768MHz :)