Oh no, deleted a file :-( apps wont download now

Guest balb0wa

Guest balb0wa

I downloaded supermanager to get rid of guitar hereo and millionaire, also wanted to remove google talk.

Think i deleted a wrong file as i now get this on boot up, and any app i select wont download, can still browse the net though,hmmmm :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks

ohno.jpg

Edited by balb0wa

Guest jsplace
I downloaded supermanager to get rid of guitar hereo and millionaire, also wanted to remove google talk.

Think i deleted a wrong file as i now get this on boot up, and any app i select wont download, hmmmm :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks

ohno.jpg

A reflash will fix it for sure :)

The original mcr file on root of your SD will have a .flashed appended to it. Rename the file to remove the .flashed and reboot. This will reflash the MCR and should fix your problems.

Edited by jsplace

Guest bounty123

Think i deleted a wrong file as i now get this on boot up, and any app i select wont download, can still browse the net though,hmmmm :-(

I think google talk is needed for market. At least I'm sure that before there was a bug with the Pulse, that i had to manually start google talk to be able to start market downloads.

Edited by bounty123

Guest balb0wa

Just done a reflash, didnt lose anything , and it works fine now, phewwwwwwwwwwwww

I think google talk is needed for market. At least I'm sure that before there was a bug with the Pulse, that i had to manually start google talk to be able to start market downloads.

Guest acolwill

Yep, gtalk is a required application for the OS to work as intended.

It's not a bug, it's a necessity. The issue with having to launch gtalk for anything to download from the market is due to timeouts with the gtalk service. Default "check" timer is 15 minutes, if it finds that gtalk isn't connected, it will attempt to reconnect. Any change in network state *should* force a reconnect of gtalk.