Immediate unlock/root

Guest jdtanner

Guest jdtanner

Hi all,

I've read in a few places on the forum that people who didn't register their Orange sim before unlocking/rooting were having problems with their phone playing up. As I'm on GiffGaff and have no intention of using the Orange sim, what do people advise? Should I register the phone/Orange sim and then root/unlock, or should I just jump into the rooting/unlocking?

Cheers all,

JohnT

I would try using the orange one first, you will probably want the orange credit for orange Wednesdays or such anyway.

I was one of the ones who had problems and i did activate and use the orange sim after i started having problems, although i still don't see how that would affect the performance of the phone.

I also went back and forth between the stock ROM and the MCR so i don't know what exactly helped. It seems to be working fine now and no one else has reported any issues for a while.

Guest jdtanner
I would try using the orange one first, you will probably want the orange credit for orange Wednesdays or such anyway.

I was one of the ones who had problems and i did activate and use the orange sim after i started having problems, although i still don't see how that would affect the performance of the phone.

I also went back and forth between the stock ROM and the MCR so i don't know what exactly helped. It seems to be working fine now and no one else has reported any issues for a while.

Good plan...I'll wack in the Orange sim if it doesn't hurt. Cheers for the reply.

JohnT