[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest jonesian

I loaded Sebs R5 last night and cannot get 3G/3G+ or anything to download from the market now - they have been stuck at 7% since 6 oclock last night (Wednesday)?

I previously had no problems with the Modaco ROM and am on Virgin

Is it the market still playing up as others have mentioned, or something else?

Cheers

Guest StevenHarperUK
I loaded Sebs R5 last night and cannot get 3G/3G+ or anything to download from the market now - they have been stuck at 7% since 6 oclock last night (Wednesday)?

I previously had no problems with the Modaco ROM and am on Virgin

Is it the market still playing up as others have mentioned, or something else?

Cheers

Market is working for me

UK

Wifi

On Froyo Alpha 1

Tried both downloading and updating

Guest feckineejit

I'm on Sebs r5 and the market is working for me, but does take about 30 secs to start, i'm on o2, if your not getting 3g/3g+ might it not be your APN settings?

Edited by feckineejit

Guest rab4169

Thanks Steve ,never seen that on the first page .have now downloaded and rooted .only problem being if I turn the phone off then on again barnacle won't go . I apply the root unlock again and it says it is rooted so have to root again .is this ok ?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Thanks Steve ,never seen that on the first page .have now downloaded and rooted .only problem being if I turn the phone off then on again barnacle won't go . I apply the root unlock again and it says it is rooted so have to root again .is this ok ?

Yeh however you can run the ADB shell command

adb shell chmod 04755 /system/bin/su

This makes the SU binary at /system/bin/su

executable with the correct permissions

You can do this directly on the device

• Root the device
  • Download Terminal Emulator
  • Open it
  • enter the command su ok the prompt to grant it SU permissions
  • enter the command chmod 04755 /system/bin/su

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest jonesian

Weird!

Double checked the APN settings and they were correct according to fibblesan's post elsewhere, rebooted again, cancelled original downloads and then started again.

It now seems to be working.

Signal bar is still only showing 1 bar though...maybe it's Virgin?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Weird!

Double checked the APN settings and they were correct according to fibblesan's post elsewhere, rebooted again, cancelled original downloads and then started again.

It now seems to be working.

Signal bar is still only showing 1 bar though...maybe it's Virgin?

No matter : its working!

The green and black analogue clock? That's not part of the stock image, its part of ZTE's Alarming or stopwatch, I forget which. The stock clock is much nicer tho, its the first widget on the list, 'Analog Clock' tho its got a the alarm clock icon just to throw you off..

Hmmm, yeah the stock ones just the boring anolog clock thats been on since 1.6. I'm talking about the green and black one that matches the power control bar, it's included in Paul's rom, is it really a ZTE widget, I'm sure i've seen it on other phones?

Don't suppose you know where I can get it?

Edited by Sere83

Is it possible to make the "BACK" button indicate event, even if the screen is off?

I have some vague memory this was working with the original stock ROM. But now if I have missed call or new message the button blinks in green, only if the screen is awaken. Which is useless as I can see on the screen there is some event and don't need the button to indicate it actually.

Guest oh!dougal
Is it possible to make the "BACK" button indicate event, even if the screen is off?

I have some vague memory this was working with the original stock ROM. But now if I have missed call or new message the button blinks in green, only if the screen is awaken. ...

Umm. Standard bug/feature. With the Orange rom, it does flash as a notification -- BUT ONLY if you are powered through usb/charger when the event is missed, and while you remain connected.

Guest Sebastian404
Hmmm, yeah the stock ones just the boring anolog clock thats been on since 1.6. I'm talking about the green and black one that matches the power control bar, it's included in Paul's rom, is it really a ZTE widget, I'm sure i've seen it on other phones?

Don't suppose you know where I can get it?

Hmm, I had a quick check of the ZTE alarm clock in the emu, it is the stock clock, only with a nicer logo..

I dunno then, was it still in R4? the only things I've removed since then are the ZTE signed apps...

Guest lovelldr

Having a bit of a problem with this rom at the mo in terms of sms...

I applied the Mms.apk file from this fix, but now, evertime I restart the rom, load my messages up, it asks me "Do you want to limit the number of messages you save per conversation?".

Then, I check through the settings and all my spoofing has been reset...

Any way to get the settings to stick?

[Edit]

OK, sorted it. In seb's rom, he had a com.android.mms.apk as well as the Mms.apk I had uploaded to the phone... That was the problem. Removed his com.android.mms and the one I uploaded works fine now :)

Edited by lovelldr

Guest HACKDROID

hey i like the r5 its great i had too many issues with force stop on r4 with wavesecure and rom mangaer etc anyway how do i get the live wallpapers back? do i just remove the r5 on sd card which i named udate.zip and put the add on zip file and name it update.zip and applt the udate.zip via clockwork? will these remove the r5 ? or just add on the r5?

also when checking in about phone>number it shows a number which is not mine is this normal?

Edited by HACKDROID

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Would it be too much to ask for the source code for this? I'm looking to fix up a couple of things - such as the notification button which only seems to work when the phone connected to power (as is with the out of the box Orange firmware). Edit: nevermind it seems no one has the source code yet.

Edited by Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Guest mobile579

Can anyone suggest an APK installer I can install from the market? I have just installed r5 and I would normally use Filer but will the nice cleaner rom it is not there anymore. TIA

Edited by mobile579

Can anyone suggest an APK installer I can install from the market? I have just installed r5 and I would normally use Filer but will the nice cleaner rom it is not there anymore. TIA

If you use Astro File Manager it will start the application installer

Hi Sebastian404,

trying your rom, looks pretty good, I was using the MCR rom for a week, now I'm gonna try yours, may the best win :)

Thanks again for the great work,

L. Pinho

Guest mELIANTE
Is there a reason NOT to turn hardware acceleration on?

The way I see it it's a debug option and, in my SanFran, some graphic artifacts appear when turned on. But it does help in some games.

Would it be possible to make some kind of program/widget that would turn hw accel on and off quickly?

i think R5 is great but when checking in about phone>number it shows a number which is not mine is this normal?

Did you port your number over from a different SIM? If so, then yes this is normal.