[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

There's a link earlier in the thread to download the FM Radio player app to go with this build

I did it but dont use it anymore

I use this http://www.appbrain.com/app/tunein.player

Its an internet radio app and its fantastic, it has every station I could imagine on it and some I thought I'd never see, including a small local radio station in my hometown in Ireland which I never thought I'd hear anywhere other than by being there.

Try it, you'll love it

it helps thugh that I have truly unlimited internet access with GiffGaff

Sebastian404 I've been using your ROM for a few days new and generally I'm pretty impressed, good job!

There are a couple of issues outstanding for me such wireless, and problems with the market downloads but it looks like these will get cleared up in a final 2.2 version soon.

One thing that really does bug me is the totally erratic way the SF comes out of sleep or stand-by. Sometimes I can wake it by just pressing one of the front buttons, (as it should be) and sometimes I need to press the top power button (which feels clumsy). On three occassions now, for some reason the SF seems to have shut down completely while in sleep mode, requiring a reboot! (Yep there was plenty in the battery)

Can you tell me if this is something you also have to deal with on your phone? and if so, do you think it can be fixed with a ROM update?

On other thing, before flashing your ROM I had Superuser installed but now I don't see this in my applications, is that normal?

Thanks,

Does anyone know how to access the framework-res.apk file once this rom is flashed to the phone?

I want to change the boot screen and although I tried all the obvious methods the only framework-res.apk I can find actually has the new files in correctly but doesnt work, the original boot screen images show instead, so I guess I modified the wrong framework-res.apk file

anyone know where the right one is?

I'm using Android commander to push files to the phone, although I can easily do it on the SD card and then use clockwork to install if needed

Guest Sebastian404
I want to change the boot screen and although I tried all the obvious methods the only framework-res.apk I can find actually has the new files in correctly but doesnt work, the original boot screen images show instead, so I guess I modified the wrong framework-res.apk file

the 'animation' that plays is a modification from stock that Orange made, its been removed, so all your doing is inserting files into the apk that never get used.

Guest Sebastian404
There are a couple of issues outstanding for me such wireless, and problems with the market downloads but it looks like these will get cleared up in a final 2.2 version soon.

One thing that really does bug me is the totally erratic way the SF comes out of sleep or stand-by. Sometimes I can wake it by just pressing one of the front buttons, (as it should be) and sometimes I need to press the top power button (which feels clumsy). On three occassions now, for some reason the SF seems to have shut down completely while in sleep mode, requiring a reboot! (Yep there was plenty in the battery)

These are issues with the orignal Stock ROM on which this is based, so unless they are addressed with the B06 update, they are to be expected

On other thing, before flashing your ROM I had Superuser installed but now I don't see this in my applications, is that normal?

You will need to either use the sudo addon, or re-install it, see the first page for info

Guest Sebastian404
What is the *measured* difference, please?

The only metric I have is that several people msg'ed be before v5 saying they have removed it and it improved their performance. Never having used the radio (and as it will not work in the US) I cant comment, but if you want to do some testing, feel free...

Guest Sebastian404
The way I see it it's a debug option and, in my SanFran, some graphic artifacts appear when turned on. But it does help in some games.

I really need to write a blog post or something about this, but yes, it is a DEBUG option, and the aim of this is to stay as faithfull to stock, so no overclocking, or tweaks

I managed to mess my SF. After reading this post I was happy user of Paul's R3 edition. However

at the moment got stuck on green android man whenever I turn my phone on.

All I did, downloaded r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip changed the name to mcri-system.tar.gz

after reboot phone stucks to android logo. Phone is unlocked and rooted obviously.

After placing micro SD to SD adapter I can see the file: mcri-system.tar.gz.flashed

don't know is it good or bad.

Could someone please help as my girlfriend loved the phone and the idea to use some crappy Nokia

at the moment drives her crazy.

It is two days I spent reading this forum and really don't want to take phone back to orange.

Help appreciated

Untitled.jpg

Guest oh!dougal

All I did, downloaded r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip changed the name to mcri-system.tar.gz

after reboot phone stucks to android logo. Phone is unlocked and rooted obviously.

Did you read this part of the first post in this thread?

Downloads

update.zip format

* r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip - MD5 : b22584f515db0b4499a7eb1497fa3a2c

* r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip - MD5 : 6b1862747eef354b46ba826f777f1f72

These are update.zip files to be used with a recovery boot partition, as its impossible to sign for the standard recovery, you will need to have a custom recovery installed, for example the ClockworkMod recovery.

MCRi format:

* Coming soon.

These files are to be used with Paul's Superboot boot image, just copy the file to the root of your SD card, renaming it to mcri-system.tar.gz, for more information please see This post.

As you can see, you have used the MCRi install method - but using a file in a VERY different format, designed for a different installer.

I'll just say :) -- you and others might say something different!

I think you will need to find a rom image in MCRi format if you want to install it in the MCRi fashion ... have a look at Paul's offerings.

The 'Clockwork' rom-install would seem to offer more chance of 'getting out of jail' if/when you screw up!

I realized that, the thing is how to get out of this situation?

I thought big brains could give me advice as now after two days of running around

like a headless chicken doesn't help + getting more confused in between clockwork, superboot MCRi.

One thin is clear, I found more people here in the same situation, not much of advice though

Did you read this part of the first post in this thread?

As you can see, you have used the MCRi install method - but using a file in a VERY different format, designed for a different installer.

I'll just say :) -- you and others might say something different!

I think you will need to find a rom image in MCRi format if you want to install it in the MCRi fashion ... have a look at Paul's offerings.

The 'Clockwork' rom-install would seem to offer more chance of 'getting out of jail' if/when you screw up!

Guest oh!dougal

Already told you ---

There is a 'stock' rom in that format in its own (pinned) thread.

ADDED -- Or maybe you still have on your computer the download of Paul's v3 in the appropriate format.

Edited by oh!dougal

If only you'd used the Thread search (bottom left of each page) you'd have found post 261 http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=fi...amp;pid=1453212 :)

Thanks, my bad not for searching on this occasion.

I have clockworkmod, is it safe to to do a data wipe and factory reset and then apply the update.zip right after that with sebastian?

Edited by revs

Guest kang.t7

I'm having trouble getting Root access.

So far, I've Flashed Clockwork Recovery & Sebastian404's ROM

I installed the Superuser from Market & Followed steps from here

Still Cant get root Access:P

help anyone???? :)

Quick thanks to Sebastian404 and Paul,

My sf arrived at this morning, I had unlocked and debranded (with your great rom) within a couple of hours (android virgin and i like to take my time) and i'm very happy with the result.

Keep up the good work.

Matt :)

@kang.t7, I had to re-superboot once I'm flashed the rom to get this back.

Sebastian404,

I'm trying to put back the ZTE radio app on my SF which is running your ROM but I can't a get it to install.

Using Astro on the ZTEradio.apk file from the r4 ROM it first it warns me that the app will replace another application, then when I continue installing, it tells me 'Application not installed '.

Any ideas? Thanks....

hi

having probs with wallpaper addon

have flashed phone to r5 using ClockworkMod Recovery all OK

but try wallpaper addon it runs on ClockworkMod Recovery but comes up "bad" thave re downloaded it and checked MD5 checksum (OK)

no other zips roms etc... on sd card and have cleaned out both user data and cache via ClockworkMod but still no go

any body any thoughts

cheers

Stewart

Guest Sebastian404
Doesn't sebastian404 have a task manager?

I wish!! I used to have a PA and at times I'm lost without her, I never know which meeting I'm going to/coming from anymore