[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

hi folks...

successfully installed the r6 mod to an OLED Blade last week, all is well.

bought the wife one for xmas, but this one is a TFT model.

the way i got the new rom on the OLED was to first put it on the sd card, and then install it from there. i just want to know if this is a safe method for using on the TFT.

basically:

- download onto sd card androot;better terminal;2.5.0.9 clockwork;r7 mod (lite & fat)

- navigate to sd card and install androot and better terminal.

- Open Androot and root phone with 2.5.0.9

- open better terminal and begin installation method of r7

is all this going to be compatable with the TFT version of the blade?

thanksfor any help/advice

si

i took the plunge, and all is well :-)

Guest lordofangels
another minor prob: when touch-scrolling a long pop-up menu (like the one of browser -> Menu -> More), it turns totally black, anyway, when my finger left the screen, it turns back to normal black on white again

r7 Flashed yesterday, fantastic ROM as always from Seb, but the only thing I found is as the user above found,

except, I can't select any of the options on mine.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks

LoA

Guest liorwohl

hi, thanks for the roms but it dont work for me :)

i have already rooted it few days ago and had recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img on it.

when i installed r7_update_de-orangeated_fat_addon_blade_signed.zip it completed with no problems, but when i rebooted it just gave me all the orange crap again.

i have tried:

to data format and then install zip

install zip and then format

change to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img and then install zip

nothing works.

i have the oled version.

what is the problem?

thanks!

Guest Len Ash
hi, thanks for the roms but it dont work for me :)

i have already rooted it few days ago and had recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img on it.

when i installed r7_update_de-orangeated_fat_addon_blade_signed.zip it completed with no problems, but when i rebooted it just gave me all the orange crap again.

i have tried:

to data format and then install zip

install zip and then format

change to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img and then install zip

nothing works.

i have the oled version.

what is the problem?

thanks!

Are you trying to use the addon file as a ROM? It isn't a ROM.... it's an ADDON

Edited by Len Ash

Guest liorwohl

well the first post says

"

Install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:

Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card.

Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held).

Use the recovery menu to apply the update file.

"

so what should i do? :)

Are you trying to use the addon file as a ROM? It isn't a ROM.... it's an ADDON

Yup, u haVe to install the 'lite' version of the rom first and then install the addon.

Does anyone know if it's ok to unblock the phone after a rom has been installed?

Guest Sebastian404
Sebastian, just tried the r7 release of this/your ROM and my initial impression is a positive one. However, I have noticed that the standard email application (com.android.email) has been omitted. I can only assume this was an oversight, which is why I am bringing it to your attention.

My only other (very minor) criticism would be the inclusion of the GlobalTime app, I personally don't think this adds anything of value, certainly not enough for "lite" inclusion. However, whilst on the subject of time related applications, I think the AOSP DeskClock app would make a worthy addition, if only for its alarm functionality.

Hmmm, your right the email app seems to of dropped out of it at some point along the line.... your the first person to spot it missing tho :)

while I'm not a big fan of GlobalTime, its part of the AOSP build I used, where DeskClock was not.....

I've had people complain that CarHome is not part of this, I guess that sort of choice is down to preference... I was toying with the idea of making an online kitchen, so people could pick what they want.. maybe something to do with my 'free' time...

Guest Sebastian404
r7 Flashed yesterday, fantastic ROM as always from Seb, but the only thing I found is as the user above found,

except, I can't select any of the options on mine.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thats an interesting one, I will look into it.

Guest PsychoChimp

ROM looks good, I'll be putting it on my TFT SF within the next few days.

I agree with dumping Global Time and putting Desk Clock in (which is actually useful!) and Car Home would be nice as well. Obviously you want to keep it lite but I think the all of the "standard" google apps should be included.

Chimp

Edited by PsychoChimp

Guest Sebastian404
I agree with dumping Global Time and putting Desk Clock in (which is actually useful!) and Car Home would be nice as well. Obviously you want to keep it lite but I think the all of the "standard" google apps should be included.

Ah but what is 'standard' if you download the source from google and build a 'generic' rom, DeskClock and CarHome are not part of that build...

As an experiment I built a copy of DeskClock and tried it on my phone, the music icon does nothing, and the photo icon launches the photo album, but then it Force Closes...

Need more investigation it seems.

Guest mELIANTE
Ah but what is 'standard' if you download the source from google and build a 'generic' rom, DeskClock and CarHome are not part of that build...

As an experiment I built a copy of DeskClock and tried it on my phone, the music icon does nothing, and the photo icon launches the photo album, but then it Force Closes...

Need more investigation it seems.

Here's DeskClock, that I deodexed, from Nexus One update ROM ERE27. Everything is working, although it isn't installable in my phone, I had to push it to /app

Must be unzipped, the .apk file is inside.

DeskClock.zip

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Sebastian404
Here's DeskClock, that I deodexed, from Nexus One update ROM ERE27. Everything is working, although it isn't installable in my phone, I had to push it to /app

Must be unzipped, the .apk file is inside.

I gave that a go out of interest, and I have the same problems as the one I built, did this work with your finish rom?

Guest mELIANTE
I gave that a go out of interest, and I have the same problems as the one I built, did this work with your finish rom?

I'm using your R6 with slight mods,nothing having to do with system though. But I am using a different gallery,that I also got from the same N1 rom and I think my music player came from there too.

Guest markie1

Is amyone else with a white coloured model having problem with colours after installing this mod? Android at start is blue, not green. Colours on internet browsing are blueish and not right? Must be this rom as fine when have just gone back to stock ornage rom.

Guest androiduser101

I'm having the same problem. Just installed r7 on a white TFT model. The colours are blueish (android goes blue on boot) and the brightness slider doesn't seem to do anything too?

Is amyone else with a white coloured model having problem with colours after installing this mod? Android at start is blue, not green. Colours on internet browsing are blueish and not right? Must be this rom as fine when have just gone back to stock ornage rom.

Guest Sebastian404
I'm having the same problem. Just installed r7 on a white TFT model. The colours are blueish (android goes blue on boot) and the brightness slider doesn't seem to do anything too?

you guys SURE your using r7? its based on the B08 firmware, it SHOULD support TFT screens...

Guest androiduser101

This is what I've done tonight on a fresh White TFT version:

1) Installed 2.5.1.3 ClockworkMod Recovery

2) Installed 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR)

At this point it would boot but Android would turn blue on boot. Realised it wasn't the right version of ROM (OLED only) so....

3) Installed R7 Rom - still not good, android turned blue on boot, colours weren't right and brightness control didn't do anything

4) Installed 2.5.0.9 ClockworkMod Recovery

5) Installed R7 Rom again - still no difference

6) Installed Stock Orange Rom - Green android again and brightness controls are fine.

BUT:

7) Tried installing R7 rom again and it just won't take? It says installed but it reboots and the stock rom is still on there????

Confused now!

you guys SURE your using r7? its based on the B08 firmware, it SHOULD support TFT screens...

Guest Sebastian404
Confused now!

It sounds like your using the addon file, not the ROM itself....

What File are you using to install?

r7_update_de-orangeated_lite_blade_signed.zip ?

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest androiduser101

I was using the fat one - just downloading the lite one now. The fat is only 9mb and the lite is 63mb, is that right? Doesn't seem that lite to me! lol

What File are you using to install?

r7_update_de-orangeated_lite_blade_signed.zip ?

Guest androiduser101

Ah well there you go. I'm an idiot.

I was using the fat one - just downloading the lite one now. The fat is only 9mb and the lite is 63mb, is that right? Doesn't seem that lite to me! lol

Guest Sebastian404
Ah well there you go. I'm an idiot.

Your not the first person to make that mistake, I think I need to update the first page to explain it in more depth.......

Guest androiduser101

I just scanned "Lite" and "Fat" and went for the full fat option :)

Your not the first person to make that mistake, I think I need to update the first page to explain it in more depth.......

Guest Sebastian404
Sebastian, just tried the r7 release of this/your ROM and my initial impression is a positive one. However, I have noticed that the standard email application (com.android.email) has been omitted. I can only assume this was an oversight, which is why I am bringing it to your attention.

My only other (very minor) criticism would be the inclusion of the GlobalTime app, I personally don't think this adds anything of value, certainly not enough for "lite" inclusion. However, whilst on the subject of time related applications, I think the AOSP DeskClock app would make a worthy addition, if only for its alarm functionality.

Keep up the good work, it's very much appreciated.

Just for you... since you asked....

r7_update_de-orangeated_update_1_blade_signed.zip

Change Log:

Added:

com.android.alarmclock (v2.1-update1)

com.android.cardock (v2.1-update1)

com.android.deskclock (v2.1-update1)

com.android.email (v2.1-update1)

Replaced:

com.android.music (v2.1-update1)

Updated:

com.android.vending (v2.2.7)

com.google.android.apps.maps (v5.0.0)

Removed:

com.android.globaltime (unloved)

Keep in mind its a BETA till some people try it out and report back... I'm not responsible for your house catching fire or your cat leaving you..

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest PsychoChimp

That update looks great but what did you replace the Music app with?

Also is this compatible with ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3 cos I've read that some people are having problems with the MCR rom and ClockworkMod versions...

Chimp

Edited by PsychoChimp