[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest AstuteSoup

Seb, in a reversal of roles, I have a couple of contributions of my own that I wanted to share. I should preface this by saying that I'm fairly new to the android platform and if they turn out to be of no use or redundant it doesn't matter, I found the process very educational. These are only minor changes but I got quite excited (I know :S) by them...

I'm not sure if you got around to fixing the problem with submenus when scrolling but I had a look and found a small set of theme/layout changes that hadn't been restored in the framework. I think this was resulting in hint colour cache optimisation of the underlying view. In addition you should notice that the fade applied to the first/last visible list item is now correct for the background.

I've also restored the original application label (Internet -> Browser) for com.android.browser. I know you did the same in an earlier release but it seems there were some problems and it was reverted later.

I've made an update zip available here (md5sum: 2ad8196da41c8247f8f55011ee01d2a2) for anyone that is interested.

edit: Updated md5sum, replaced file after noticing that I left the Orange default wallpaper in the framework.

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest MoxFulder

@Seb404 : I have a problem using Google Talk.

If the phone is idle, and someone writes me a message, I got the notification sound but no textual notification on the screen to read the message. I have to manually open google talk and try to find which contact writes me a msg.

Is it a known issue ?

Guest Sebastian404
Downloading now, will post results soon. Also, I've uploaded your r7 zips to my server for those people who may be having issues downloading from yours at present; hope you don't mind. They can be found at http://transltr.co.uk/android/.

Thats great, thanks, but you should rename the add on, since the idea of a fat addon has confused many people I have renamed it to be just an addon...

Guest Sebastian404
Seb, in a reversal of roles, I have a couple of contributions of my own that I wanted to share. I should preface this by saying that I'm fairly new to the android platform and if they turn out to be of no use or redundant it doesn't matter, I found the process very educational. These are only minor changes but I got quite excited (I know :S) by them...

I'm not sure if you got around to fixing the problem with submenus when scrolling but I had a look and found a small set of theme/layout changes that hadn't been restored in the framework. I think this was resulting in hint colour cache optimisation of the underlying view. In addition you should notice that the fade applied to the first/last visible list item is now correct for the background.

I've also restored the original application label (Internet -> Browser) for com.android.browser. I know you did the same in an earlier release but it seems there were some problems and it was reverted later.

Thanks for that, I did start looking into the submenu thing, but I've not had that much time of late, I had a feeling it might be that, but thanks for doing the hardwork for me :)

The browser thing tho..... seesh.. I changed that to Browser a few versions ago and people didn't like it, I got a number of PM asking why they could not access the internet, seems changing the Icon and name was too much for some people.

I did consider it before putting this version out, but I'm going to blame the flu pills I'm trying to overdose on for coming down on the 'leave it alone' side..

Guest Sebastian404
Just applied the latest update and everything looks good! No more fugly email icon, Gallery doesn't FC when launched via DeskClock.

So I guess the question is, when I roll these out, should I put out another addon ZIP, or call it a 'service pack' or just bump up the main release to r8....

I can see people getting confused by it all...

Guest AcceptedWalnut

Though i'd add a reply for those saying this ROM doesn't work with new TFT models. Got my San Fran a couple of days back from Argos which is definately a TFT version and this ROMS been flawless. All i wanted was a clean ROM but decided to apply the fat_addon a few days later for live wallpapers which also worked perfectly.

The only issue i currently have is when i try adding a facebook account in Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Facebook, it just loops back to the Add Account screen where if i select facebook again it loops back. Having never had an android device before though and only ever using this ROM, i don't know how this is meant to work.

Thanks though Sebastian, phone is really quick :)

Guest Sebastian404
@Seb404 : I have a problem using Google Talk.

If the phone is idle, and someone writes me a message, I got the notification sound but no textual notification on the screen to read the message. I have to manually open google talk and try to find which contact writes me a msg.

Is it a known issue ?

Ive been trying to re-create this, but none of my contacts are ether awake or sober

Guest gueschmid

Hallo,

contain the r7-update... in the first post the original r7 realese and the first update?

I do not understand this! Or ist the r7-update... only the update! And i have to get r7 first.

You can make a r7-update2... version, including the bugfixes of Astutesoap! I am waiting witch using this till you decided.

Thanks

Guest Sebastian404
Hallo,

contain the r7-update... in the first post the original r7 realese and the first update?

I do not understand this! Or ist the r7-update... only the update! And i have to get r7 first.

You can make a r7-update2... version, including the bugfixes of Astutesoap! I am waiting witch using this till you decided.

Thanks

With no disrespect to astutesoap, I would not include his work in mine... because it is his, and also because I have no idea what else he might of done... there is a lot of paranoia around about personal information, and if it turns out that a 3rd party inserted code that passed all your private details back to Milk Marketing Board, and everyone's bank account ends up empty.. I'll be the one that people come looking for.

and if anyone is going to profit from backdoors in my work, its going to me dammit! these hookers and pizzas wont pay for them-self!

Guest MoxFulder
Ive been trying to re-create this, but none of my contacts are ether awake or sober

ok, you can add me if you want, contact me thru moxfulder on gmail com, I speak french

Guest AstuteSoup
Thats great, thanks, but you should rename the add on, since the idea of a fat addon has confused many people I have renamed it to be just an addon...

Done.

With no disrespect to astutesoap, I would not include his work in mine... because it is his, and also because I have no idea what else he might of done...

That's fair enough, I wouldn't expect anyone to blindly accept contributions to something they've put their name to. Hopefully you'll be able to decompile the framework apk and diff the changes, should save you some time at the very least.

P.S. Hope you're better at distinguishing between soup and soap in the rest of your life. Could make for some interesting meal times...

Guest Sebastian404
P.S. Hope you're better at distinguishing between soup and soap in the rest of your life. Could make for some interesting meal times...

I just dont do my background checks....

Thanks seb, So once I have dl'd the r7_update_de-orangeated_update_1_blade_signed.zip

do I unzip it & move the data onto my phones sd card, or leave it zipped & put it on my phones sd card or use fastboot cmds & reference the .img in the command?

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks seb, So once I have dl'd the r7_update_de-orangeated_update_1_blade_signed.zip

do I unzip it & move the data onto my phones sd card, or leave it zipped & put it on my phones sd card or use fastboot cmds & reference the .img in the command?

put it onto your SDcard, and then using Clockwork Mod, apply it to your phone, no need to wipe or do anything else..

Just remeber it is still BETA so any stray cats your find/loose, or fire that may start are your own lookout.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

I am probably going to regret this.......

I am already...

HERE is my build of the most recent version of ClockworkMod....

recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.zip

It is beta, I've tested it as much as I could, anyone want to give me any feed back?

Id be VERY interesting in anyone who has got A2D working and their views on it....

EDIT: new link

Edited by Sebastian404

I am probably going to regret this.......

I am already...

HERE is my build of the most recent version of ClockworkMod....

recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.zip

It is beta, I've tested it as much as I could, anyone want to give me any feed back?

Id be VERY interesting in anyone who has got A2D working and their views on it....

ohh flip I'm worried now, so are you saying that although it says its a rom that will work on a TFT screen "[OLED+TFT] " we've actually no idea whether it will or not & its not actually been tested using a tft screen?

Guest oh!dougal
ohh flip I'm worried now, so are you saying that although it says its a rom that will work on a TFT screen "[OLED+TFT] " we've actually no idea whether it will or not & its not actually been tested using a tft screen?

NO - read carefully the post that you are replying to.

Notice that it is about a new version of ClockworkMod - the magic rom-installing tool -- not about a 'rom' as such.

Notice that the post is asking for Beta-testers. If you don't know what its about, just stand back.

And that it makes no mention whatsoever of screen type being a consideration in question.

NO - read carefully the post that you are replying to.

Notice that it is about a new version of ClockworkMod - the magic rom-installing tool -- not about a 'rom' as such.

Notice that the post is asking for Beta-testers. If you don't know what its about, just stand back.

And that it makes no mention whatsoever of screen type being a consideration in question.

except that 90% of the posts in this 30 page thread are talking about seb's new rom going from r4, r5, r6 & r7. Its reading this thread thats the difficult bit as there is so much repeated info we cant see the wood for the trees. Loads & loads of the exact same question. Where is the fm radio is mentioned about 20 times.

And the thread is entitled [OLED+TFT] 12/Dec r7: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

So I take "de-oranged rom for zte blade" to mean that its a de-oranged rom for a zte blade? I apologise for my mistake.

Guest Maleficent

Long time lurker.

Thanks very much for R7, last installed R4 on my SF and this is a really nice update. Especially like the browser loading bar, useful. Could you tell me if the hardware acceleration is enabled? I saw instructions over on XDA to enable it but it says hwaccel on isn't found. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=843201)

Thanks for you work on this, Seb.

...and if anyone is going to profit from backdoors in my work, its going to me dammit! these hookers and pizzas wont pay for them-self!

You are funny, Seb! A good ROM and comedy. You just need to supply the beer and we're sorted! Or am I supposed to do that?

Thank you for changing your terminology from "fat" to "addon". It confused me when the fat ROM was just 9MB. The changes help make it clearer. Good one. I like the idea of "service pack 1", a small update rather than a whole new ROM to install from scratch.

Guest Sebastian404
Could you tell me if the hardware acceleration is enabled?

No, this is as stock as you can get, but there is nothing stopping you editing the build.prop to turn it on, and the other tweeks you need to do.

Guest Maleficent
No, this is as stock as you can get, but there is nothing stopping you editing the build.prop to turn it on, and the other tweeks you need to do.

Many thanks for the fast reply! I'll go and do some Googling to find out how to do that. Thanks again for your help.