[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest protocold

Hi, I am from Hong Kong but the "Added international APN list" does not have my APN from the carrier. However, when I use CM6 on my Pulse, it has the correct APN.

Can I use the apnlist from CM6 and if so, how?

Guest Sebastian404
Hi, I am from Hong Kong but the "Added international APN list" does not have my APN from the carrier. However, when I use CM6 on my Pulse, it has the correct APN.

Can I use the apnlist from CM6 and if so, how?

Interesting, I used CM's APN list... do you have a URL for me?

you need to replace the 'apns-conf.xml' file in /etc/

Guest Sebastian404

Since I cant sleep, and I'm going to be offline for 24->48 hours.. I worked on ClockworkMod Recovery...

And attached is an updated version of v2.5.1.8, this time with the screen the right way up....

Consider it an Early Christmas present... also if your used it having it wrong way up, it will drive you mad:)

Enjoy.. :)

EDIT: see [http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/327215/oled-tft-2-5-1-8-clockworkmod-recovery/]This Thread

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest protocold

Oh i havent figure out the url yet...

Can you take a look if yours have "3 HK" ?

Also, I noticed that the carrier name shown when I turn on the phone on the Pulse is "3" but on the Blade is "Hutchison Telecom"..

Guest Sebastian404
Oh i havent figure out the url yet...

Can you take a look if yours have "3 HK" ?

Also, I noticed that the carrier name shown when I turn on the phone on the Pulse is "3" but on the Blade is "Hutchison Telecom"..

I checked there is no mention of '3 HK' or any 3 HK.

3 is Hutch, its their public facing brand...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutchison_3G

If you have ADB, hook up your pulse, then do a

adb pull /system/etc/apns-conf.xml .
Now connect up your Blade and do:
adb remount
adb push apns-conf.xml /system/etc/[/code]

Once you've done that you will probably need to reset your APN names... if you go into settings, wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names, then press Menu and pick 'Reset to default'

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest protocold

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend...c/apns-conf.xml

This seems to have the 3 HK

EDIT: I have just pushed this cm6 apns-conf.xml using your suggested code and now it is working fine. :)

Edited by protocold

Guest jasonXXx
Since I cant sleep, and I'm going to be offline for 24->48 hours.. I worked on ClockworkMod Recovery...

And attached is an updated version of v2.5.1.8, this time with the screen the right way up....

Consider it an Early Christmas present... also if your used it having it wrong way up, it will drive you mad:)

Does partitioning work on this build?

thanks!

Guest Sebastian404
Does partitioning work on this build?

Oh you want JAM on it ! :)

Unfortunately not... however try the the linked build it does...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

I've moved this to its own thread since some people are confused about it being part of the de-orangeated ROM

Edited by Sebastian404

Hi Sebastian,

I downloaded and Installed r7 and I had some orange artifacts on the left side of the screen during scrolling and presses in menus like "settings."

Sorry if that has been noted before and I missed it in my read of the thread, (I saw something similar, possibly in a different thread/diferent rom?) but I just wanted to let you know because I certainly hadn't seen it since r7 was released/updated.

Anyone else experiencing similar? White OUK TFT (the same one we got the recovery image off of, just got around to installing the ROM).

Thanks a lot for all your work!

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

I downloaded and Installed r7 and I had some orange artifacts on the left side of the screen during scrolling and presses in menus like "settings."

Sorry if that has been noted before and I missed it in my read of the thread, (I saw something similar, possibly in a different thread/diferent rom?) but I just wanted to let you know because I certainly hadn't seen it since r7 was released/updated.

Anyone else experiencing similar? White OUK TFT (the same one we got the recovery image off of, just got around to installing the ROM).

Thanks a lot for all your work!

Yeah that's a known issue, it will be fixed in r8

Cool thanks for your trouble, had a quicker than normal read of the thread scanning over previous versions and I didn't see it mentioned on the known issues or since r7/addons/etc were released.

Guest Sebastian404
Cool thanks for your trouble, had a quicker than normal read of the thread scanning over previous versions and I didn't see it mentioned on the known issues or since r7/addons/etc were released.

Actually if you want be a beta tester... :)

http://transltr.co.uk/android/beta/unoffic...lade_signed.zip

Try applying that file over your device and see if it goes away... do a backup first, of course...

Actually if you want be a beta tester... :)

http://transltr.co.uk/android/beta/unoffic...lade_signed.zip

Try applying that file over your device and see if it goes away... do a backup first, of course...

I actually flashed a theme onto it and it's fixed (elegant steel from the 2.1 theme thread)

I downloaded your update, will install the backup and the the update and see if that works too.

edit: Menus look good to me, were there any other issues this was going to address? Assuming not, since it's only frameworkres.apk and browser?

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Sebastian404
I'm not sure if you got around to fixing the problem with submenus when scrolling but I had a look and found a small set of theme/layout changes that hadn't been restored in the framework. I think this was resulting in hint colour cache optimisation of the underlying view. In addition you should notice that the fade applied to the first/last visible list item is now correct for the background.

I got around to checking out your update, it seems you forgot to change the name framework-res.apk, its still a zip..

However I've tried installing that and it force closes on me..

What files did you modify, may I should go at it that way :)

Guest mELIANTE

Hi seb. Using your R7 now and loving it.

Minor flaw with it, don't know if it was mentioned before: in the web browser, if you press menu and go to more, while you're scrolling the options list that appears, the list turns black and gets back to white when you stop scrolling.

Best regards.

Guest Len Ash

Minor flaw with it, don't know if it was mentioned before: in the web browser, if you press menu and go to more, while you're scrolling the options list that appears, the list turns black and gets back to white when you stop scrolling.

Best regards.

And no EMail app.... (easy to fix by copying of course)

Would be interested to know if anyone recommends an EMail app other than stock - I would prefer to be able to set retrieval between certain times of the day and on certain days.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Sebastian404

Best regards.

Hi mELIANTE,

thanks for pointing that one out, Ive been looking into it... It will be fixed in r8 :)

Guest AstuteSoup
I got around to checking out your update, it seems you forgot to change the name framework-res.apk, its still a zip..

However I've tried installing that and it force closes on me..

What files did you modify, may I should go at it that way :)

You sure? I double checked and framework-res.apk is indeed named framework-res.apk.

edit: The file I uploaded is an update zip for ClockworkMod which contains the modified framework-res and Browser apk files. I've no doubt you know the difference but just thought I'd mention it, I know how easy it is to make such simple mistakes.

edit2: The affected files are res/layout/list_menu_item_layout.xml and res/values/styles.xml (technically the changes are to themes.xml but when the apk is decompiled the contents of that file are rolled into styles.xml)

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest isambard

EDIT: see [http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/327215/oled-tft-2-5-1-8-clockworkmod-recovery/]This Thread

you're right. i do prefer it upside down as it is better balanced to have the home/back keys at the top!

Guest AstuteSoup
Menus look good to me, were there any other issues this was going to address? Assuming not, since it's only frameworkres.apk and browser?

Correct. The modified framework-res.apk fixed the menu issues, com.android.browser.apk was modified to restore the app label from "Internet" to "Browser". The two changes / files are not related, I just happened to role them into a single update for testing purposes; yes, the update Seb pointed you to came from me, thanks for testing it.

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest Sebastian404
Correct. The modified framework-res.apk fixed the menu issues, com.android.browser.apk was modified to restore the app label from "Internet" to "Browser". The two changes / files are not related, I just happened to role them into a single update for testing purposes; yes, the update Seb pointed you to came from me, thanks for testing it.

Sorry yes, I should of credited you for that file...

The odd thing tho, I've redownloaded it and tried it again, and I'm still getting force closes...... very odd....

Guest AstuteSoup
Sorry yes, I should of credited you for that file...

Not a problem, I only brought it up so people reading my post would know I had some authority on the matter. It's odd that you're having issues, I take it you saw the edits I made to my previous post?