[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest lordofangels
I've right in the middle of trying to do 6 different things at once.. but yeah your right... GRRRRRRR

There's a DDOS attack going on, either on my site directly or the VP it's running under, or maybe California as a whole, they are not being clear...

hopefully I'll have it back up later today....

Seb there's no rush, take your time.

Just a quicky if you don't mind, did you see if there was a problem with GPS in r8?

works fine up to r7, then can't get a lock at all with r8

Guest Sebastian404
Seb there's no rush, take your time.

Just a quicky if you don't mind, did you see if there was a problem with GPS in r8?

works fine up to r7, then can't get a lock at all with r8

There really should not be any difference, as r8 is such a small update...

When I left California I left my Nexus One sat on my desk, and its syncing with latitude regularly, so I have people emailing me asking me where I am as they think I'm back in the office....

but I've got a 2nd secret latitude account that I had my Blade setup, and i'd not noticed any thing wrong with it... apart from the fact I still thinks im in the Apple Store, about 24 hours after 'reality'..

Have you trying using GPSstatus and seeing if it is actually working?

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest lordofangels
There really should not be any difference, as r8 is such a small update...

When I left California I left my Nexus One sat on my desk, and its syncing with latitude regularly, so I have people emailing me asking me where I am as they think I'm back in the office....

but I've got a 2nd secret latitude account that I had my Blade setup, and i'd not noticed any thing wrong with it... apart from the fact I still thinks im in the Apple Store, about 24 hours after 'reality'..

Have you trying using GPSstatus and seeing if it is actually working?

Yeah, using GPStatus, picks up 3-4 Sats, just can't get a location fix on google maps etc

Guest Arr Too
There's a DDOS attack going on, either on my site directly or the VP it's running under, or maybe California as a whole, they are not being clear...

Why not bung them all on a multi-upload site? If you want to keep stats about accesses then maybe redirect through your site using a script of some sort?

Guest lordofangels

Hi Seb,

re GPS...

Updated clockwork-update 2.5.1.8, re-downloaded r8,

all working well.

Fantastic ROM as always

Thanks for all your hard work, much appreciated.

LoA

Guest gueschmid

Hallo lordofangeles,

did the update wipe your userdatas?

Or did your keep your dataaa after the update? I do not want to reenter all my properties and want to keep SMS etc.

Guest lordofangels
Hallo lordofangeles,

did the update wipe your userdatas?

Or did your keep your dataaa after the update? I do not want to reenter all my properties and want to keep SMS etc.

It did wipe them i'm afraid.

Guest kaska_pt

when in doubt, use the mybackup pro, and make a small backup with it(phone log,sms,mms and stuff like that), or simply do a nandroid backup and install it, if something goes bad, just restore the backup and it will be exactly the same as it was.

btw Sebastien thank you for your rom :unsure: it's installed in three Blades already (girlfriend,cousin and a friend!)

tks a lot mate!

EDIT: DAMN! just seen I've installed the R7 version lololol! any alternative download site ? it's downloading at 10kb/s B)

Edited by kaska_pt

when in doubt, use the mybackup pro, and make a small backup with it(phone log,sms,mms and stuff like that), or simply do a nandroid backup and install it, if something goes bad, just restore the backup and it will be exactly the same as it was.

btw Sebastien thank you for your rom :unsure: it's installed in three Blades already (girlfriend,cousin and a friend!)

tks a lot mate!

EDIT: DAMN! just seen I've installed the R7 version lololol! any alternative download site ? it's downloading at 10kb/s B)

can someone confirm my thoughts....

ive currently got the r6 rom on my blade. i did a nandroid back up yesterday.

if i want the r8 version, is it just a case of downloading and installing the 2 files, then restoring the backup?

do i have to 'wipe' anything beforing installing the new r8? if so, how?

thanks for any advice ppl

si

Guest awilson360

Hi,

Is is possible to have the latest ROM files uploaded to another server? I think my internet must be disconnecting half way through the download and my MD5Sum won't match.

Cheers.

Guest AstuteSoup
Does anyone with R8 fancy uploading it somewhere else please (if that's cool with seb)?

Is is possible to have the latest ROM files uploaded to another server?

I'm adding both r8 update zips to my server now. They'll be available at http://transltr.co.uk/android/ in about 30 minutes; currently only the r7 files are there from the last time Seb's server was under stress. I'll update this post when finished.

edit: Upload complete...

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest Mit321
I'm adding both r8 update zips to my server now. They'll be available at http://transltr.co.uk/android/ in about 30 minutes; currently only the r7 files are there from the last time Seb's server was under stress. I'll update this post when finished.

edit: Upload complete...

Thanks, I got a insanley fast download speed from your site :unsure:

Guest aermua

hi all

first of all thanks to seb hard work to get this done.

i,m very new to android and the blade, i just got the handset and have been looking for a rom thats stable and doesnt have all the orange crap, i think this is it but i got some questions:

- does this have the fancy widget as well as the wifi fixes and live wall paper?

- is this the latest files i need to download together:

1 - r8_update_de-orangeated_addon_blade_signed.zip 9.1M 7c0da713cd692d4139c999b819750363

2 - r8_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip 66.1M 2dbb8dccd858bf68f335e0addd16e09d

- is there an idiots guide or something for first timers

thanks all

Guest awilson360

Thanks for uploading to that server, download was nice and quick.

Would like to also thank Seb404.

I'm new to Android phones, his ROM is the first I've ever flashed and I must say, comparing it to the stock Orange ROM it is much nicer, thanks for all the hard work.

:unsure:

Guest aermua

hi

before i install the rom do i need to in clockworkmod:

- wipe data/factory setting

- wipe cache parition

thanks

Edited by aermua

Guest kaska_pt
hi

before i install the rom do i need to in clockworkmod:

- wipe data/factory setting

- wipe cache parition

thanks

if you are coming from the R7 version, then there is no need unless you experiment some sort of issues afterwards...

BTW: has anyone had any sort of troubles with the proximity sensor not working properly in a call?? sometimes it doesn't turn off, or it goes like on-off-on-off-on-off.... don't know why though :unsure:

Guest Maringer
BTW: has anyone had any sort of troubles with the proximity sensor not working properly in a call?? sometimes it doesn't turn off, or it goes like on-off-on-off-on-off.... don't know why though :unsure:

Your proximity sensor problem is a relatively commonplace (and seemingly easy to solve) problem with the Blade. I'm assuming that Seb's ROM supports the secret dialler codes. If so, try the following:

Go into the Dialler and enter *983*0#

Scroll all the way down to Sensors.

Hit "testing light" then hit "testing proximity" before selecting the "calibrate" option.

When you next use the dialler, the proximity sensor should now (hopefully!) work correctly. Worked fine on my girlfriend's SF though using a different Eclair ROM to Seb's. I'm pretty sure that I calibrated both the proximity and light sensors just for good measure!

Note, if Seb's ROM doesn't support the dialler codes, I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be able to help!

Guest aermua

hi

thanks a lot, i managed to install the rom and its brill and exactly what i,m looking for, time for some stupid questions?

1 - on the dialler when i touch a number, it doesn't vibrate, is this normal?

(it used to have the dial code put i turned that off, its irritating as i perfer the vibrate feedback)

2 - how do i set up the phone security so when a new sim is in it asks for the phone security code?

Edited by aermua

Guest kaska_pt
Your proximity sensor problem is a relatively commonplace (and seemingly easy to solve) problem with the Blade. I'm assuming that Seb's ROM supports the secret dialler codes. If so, try the following:

Go into the Dialler and enter *983*0#

Scroll all the way down to Sensors.

Hit "testing light" then hit "testing proximity" before selecting the "calibrate" option.

When you next use the dialler, the proximity sensor should now (hopefully!) work correctly. Worked fine on my girlfriend's SF though using a different Eclair ROM to Seb's. I'm pretty sure that I calibrated both the proximity and light sensors just for good measure!

Note, if Seb's ROM doesn't support the dialler codes, I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be able to help!

tks mate! I found the toppic :unsure: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...t-come-back-on/

and red your post there also!

thank you!

hi

thanks a lot, i managed to install the rom and its brill and exactly what i,m looking for, time for some stupid questions?

1 - on the dialler when i touch a number, it doesn't vibrate, is this normal?

(it used to have the dial code put i turned that off, its irritating as i perfer the vibrate feedback)

2 - how do i set up the phone security so when a new sim is in it asks for the phone security code?

1 - I think you can add that option back in settings

2 - security options in settings once again I think

Guest aermua
tks mate! I found the toppic :unsure: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...t-come-back-on/

and red your post there also!

thank you!

1 - I think you can add that option back in settings

2 - security options in settings once again I think

hi kaska_pt

i went through all the options and anything that relates to vobrate is turned on:

- haptic feedback

- touch pal key press vibration

- android vibrate on key press

has anyone else expereinced this issue and have their dialler vibrate when used to dial or pressed?

also the security all i can find the pin setup but not phone security?

thanks

Guest kaska_pt
hi kaska_pt

i went through all the options and anything that relates to vobrate is turned on:

- haptic feedback

- touch pal key press vibration

- android vibrate on key press

has anyone else expereinced this issue and have their dialler vibrate when used to dial or pressed?

also the security all i can find the pin setup but not phone security?

thanks

I think it's related to the haptic feedback or (most likely) to android vibrate on key press

You are right about the security pin! I don't see that option either!