[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest aermua

hi kaska_pt

thanks, i can live with the security thing, but the feedback is rather handy specially with my big fingers lol

i take it yours works in the dialer, everything works except when i,m in dialler i just doesnt vibrate, very strange?

Guest kaska_pt

I'm on my HTC Desire at the moment, my wife has the Blade with her, won't be able to help you until I get home :unsure:

EDIT: but on my desire it's working without those previous mentioned options on, so it must be a dialer issue itself

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest Seb801

Hi,

i tried to flash the r8 ROM on my B05 SF. (coming from r6 fat) I wiped partitions & cache, after flashing the phone boots in the normal way, but the touchscreen fail to respond. Unlock the screen or input sim-pin ist not possible.

Everything is fine when going back to r6, Clockwork update from 2.5.1.3 to 2.5.1.8 and reflash r8 aigain (with wipe) also ends with an not responsive touchscreen.

Thanks for any ideas.

Greets from Germany,

Seb.

Guest beangeles

have you checked the md5sum of the file you downloaded? it should be 66MB in size

Hi,

i tried to flash the r8 ROM on my B05 SF. (coming from r6 fat) I wiped partitions & cache, after flashing the phone boots in the normal way, but the touchscreen fail to respond. Unlock the screen or input sim-pin ist not possible.

Everything is fine when going back to r6, Clockwork update from 2.5.1.3 to 2.5.1.8 and reflash r8 aigain (with wipe) also ends with an not responsive touchscreen.

Thanks for any ideas.

Greets from Germany,

Seb.

Guest Seb801
have you checked the md5sum of the file you downloaded? it should be 66MB in size

i've checked the md5, the md5 of my file is equal to the md5 in the first post.

Guest whatsupduck

Hi, completed the custom rom install today, fairly easy once i got the right driver installed for xp, just wondered about the addon zip how easy is it to remove once i install it in clockwork ? also if i wanted to change the rom how would i go about it would i need to fastboot flash clockwork again ? or just go though clockwork on the phone and install from sd ? (want to remove the update zip,is their anyway to add just live wallpapers and is there any themes for this rom) would it just overwrite the current rom ? thanks would appreciate a reply :unsure: If anyone has the time to answer

Edited by whatsupduck

Guest kaska_pt
Hi, completed the custom rom install today, fairly easy once i got the right driver installed for xp, just wondered about the addon zip how easy is it to remove once i install it in clockwork ?

You will have to install through clockwork the LITE version again

also if i wanted to change the rom how would i go about it would i need to fastboot flash clockwork again ?

You can do this or just go though clockwork on the phone and install from sd ?Or this also :D

(want to remove the update zip,is their anyway to add just live wallpapers and is there any themes for this rom) would it just overwrite the current rom ?

If wish to remove, well then you should install the lite version.For the live wallpapers there is the need to extract the unnecessary apk files from the addon zip file and install it afterwards

thanks would appreciate a reply :P If anyone has the time to answer

everybody has the time, sometimes it's just a lack of will

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest whatsupduck

Hi,thanks for your reply its appreciated !

So all i need to do is install though clockwork again (just install zip from sd i originally did 1st time so just enter CW and wipe and install like before) and it will over write correct ? would it be same with other roms that are compatible with CW just mount move over and install ? as the fast boot flash just install clockwork on to the phone ?

is it safe to delete the rom zips off sd card or do they need to stay on the sd card (would it corrupt firmware if removed)

Sorry Noob just want to make sure as its all fully working atm

Thanks in advance

Have a good evening

Guest tttonyyy

Wife's phone is still on r7 and has been for a while, it's very stable and excellent work from Seb.

If I can upgrade it to r8 without wiping that'd be good - will give it a go - still not clear what the deltas are from r7 though?

Guest kaska_pt
Hi,thanks for your reply its appreciated !

So all i need to do is install though clockwork again (just install zip from sd i originally did 1st time so just enter CW and wipe and install like before) and it will over write correct ?

In this case I think so

would it be same with other roms that are compatible with CW just mount move over and install ?

I don't know mate, could be in some cases but it's not guaranteed

as the fast boot flash just install clockwork on to the phone ?

couldn't understand this one...the fastboot is a way of communicating with your android device, loading roms, recoveries, boot etc...not sure what you want to know

is it safe to delete the rom zips off sd card or do they need to stay on the sd card (would it corrupt firmware if removed)

yes it's safe mate, you only need them to make the installation.

Sorry Noob just want to make sure as its all fully working atm

Thanks in advance

Have a good evening

Likewise :D

Guest kaska_pt
Wife's phone is still on r7 and has been for a while, it's very stable and excellent work from Seb.

If I can upgrade it to r8 without wiping that'd be good - will give it a go - still not clear what the deltas are from r7 though?

It seems to be a minor fix, and updated apps if I'm not incorrect.

Changelog

r8

added: com.android.alarmclock (v2.1-update1)

added: com.android.cardock (v2.1-update1)

added: com.android.deskclock (v2.1-update1)

added: com.android.email (v2.1-update1)

replaced: com.android.music (v2.1-update1)

updated: com.android.vending (v2.2.7)

updated: com.google.android.apps.maps (v5.0.0)

removed: com.android.globaltime (unloved)

Updated global APN list

Fixed menu colour issue with android menus.

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest whatsupduck

Thanks for reply, you've confused me now, i don't understand how to say install the "r9 if it were to be released" over the r8

would i just install from zip as i dont need to use cmd (windows) to flash the blade img. do you understant what i am saying when you change rom do you just install like the 1st time you did it ?

As you mentioned i can install the r8 lite over my r8 which has the addon on atm using install from zip in clockwork correct ?

Hope you understand what i am asking

sorry if i asked the same question differently just don't want to brick my phone :D NoOb at work here trying to understand

Thanks in advance

as the fast boot flash just install clockwork on to the phone ?

couldn't understand this one...the fastboot is a way of communicating with your android device, loading roms, recoveries, boot etc...not sure what you want to know

I was asking that you only use fastboot to flash the image as you mount to place rom zip on to the sdcard and install from clockwork which is what you flashed on to the phone... hope you understand what i was asking now :P

Edited by whatsupduck

Guest liorwohl

hello,

i had r7 + addon until today and now i have installed r8 without addon, and restored data.

it's looking good, thanks!

but why do i still have Global Time app?

and why two alarm clock apps? i think Alarm Clock should be in the lite rom and Clock in the addon, why have both?

Guest kaska_pt
Hi, i like your Rom, but Touchpal is crashing when I choose German language...

the same here(I just don't use it...)

and why two alarm clock apps? i think Alarm Clock should be in the lite rom and Clock in the addon, why have both?

don't get it either

Edited by kaska_pt

Guest whatsupduck

any of you know what those two purple circles are under the Headphone socket on the screen are for i noticed them today just wondered what there for if anyone has the time to answer also nice rom 1st time doing it and this is just what i wanted thanks :D also anyone know how to set a messege ringtone ? thanks

Edited by whatsupduck

Guest Sebastian404

Why the hate for global time?

Its there because people want the classic Clock Widget, and that's what it comes with....

Guest blade2011
any of you know what those two purple circles are under the Headphone socket on the screen are for i noticed them today just wondered what there for if anyone has the time to answer also nice rom 1st time doing it and this is just what i wanted thanks :D also anyone know how to set a messege ringtone ? thanks

Distance and light sensors - and the wrong thread

Guest julakali
Why the hate for global time?

Its there because people want the classic Clock Widget, and that's what it comes with....

I deleted the globaltime app from /system/apps and still have the clock widget.

Another feature request: with the lite version installed, i have about 100MB free space on /system...

Would be nice to repartition to get some more space to /data.

Guest Sebastian404
I deleted the globaltime app from /system/apps and still have the clock widget.

No, you have the other clock widget, the modern version.. the one that comes with globaltime is a more 'classic' looking clock, the one that was in ALL the screen-shots you used to see for Android devices