[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest AstuteSoup
No, you have the other clock widget, the modern version.. the one that comes with globaltime is a more 'classic' looking clock, the one that was in ALL the screen-shots you used to see for Android devices

I think you're confusing GlobalTime (which doesn't provide any widgets) with AlarmClock.

Guest gueschmid

Hallo,

can anybody tell me, what the apks in the addon are? I will reflash my Blade. I am not sure if i use Fin.Fillijonk or seb08? I am using Seb07 at the moment.

For Seb08 speaks very small an clean! But a wipe every Update, and only Google-Apps.

FF: has a lot of APPs in, I dont know yet, und I can update without wipe.

But I want to use ADWLauncher not LauncherPro (I havent used LauncherPro yet!) Maybe I will have 2 or 3 APPs for the same if I use Finisch Fillijonk.

If I can mod the update und delet APPs I dont need, or dont work (german touchpal) I habe a better base for my own ANDORID-Phone.

Since people seem to have having problems with the SuperUser app, I've updated the first page with another addon that should get you SU back... please let me know if people are still having problems.

Seb (or anyone),

I'm preparing to move from de-orangeated r5 to your 2.2 ROM but can't back up my apps with Titanium as it can't get root privileges despite installing Superuser from the market using Clockwork.

Was the file you mentioned above: r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip? If so I've found and downloaded a copy but should I install it over the top of Superuser or is that risky/ problematic?

Should I perhaps uninstall Superuser first and, if so, how is that done without an uninstall option available? Thanks matey...

EDIT:.... Looks like I've sorted this by using Universal Androot, Titanium is now playing ball....

Edited by Panita

Guest Evanb78

Could anyone upload the ROM files on another site?

The server where the files are stored at the moment is extremely slow and eventually the download gets interrupted.

edit: please discard. I found some other links few pages back.

Edited by Evanb78

Guest steveuk1981

tried my 1st rom install last night with this rom, and ive found it a hell of a lot better than the stock, also my battery seems to love it :lol:

Guest Kthulhu
Seb (or anyone),

I'm preparing to move from de-orangeated r5 to your 2.2 ROM but can't back up my apps with Titanium as it can't get root privileges despite installing Superuser from the market using Clockwork.

In any rom, Titanium free version sometimes has problems to get access rot, but if you unmark from supper user and rebot the phone this is usually solved.

tried my 1st rom install last night with this rom, and ive found it a hell of a lot better than the stock, also my battery seems to love it ;)

welcome to the club ;)

Guest Sebastian404

Ok, back from the dead, r9 should be the LAST update for this.

reverted the dailer back to the stock android one, and resigned all the apps with the test keys... incase anyone wants to theme it....

Guest Nivag57
Ok, back from the dead, r9 should be the LAST update for this.

reverted the dailer back to the stock android one, and resigned all the apps with the test keys... incase anyone wants to theme it....

When upgrading from r7 to r9 do I just install update or do I wipe and reset before installing.

Guest Sebastian404
When upgrading from r7 to r9 do I just install update or do I wipe and reset before installing.

you will need to wipe, since the keys have changed....

Hi Sebastian,

i have tried to flash my B05 SF with the R9 release (coming from R06). After flash the touchscreen does not respond, it is not possible to enter a PIN or to unlock the screen. I have the same issue with the R08 release.

Both partitions have been wiped and clockworkmod is version 2.5.1.8. MD5 sum is correct.

Any ideas?

thanks Seb.

hi all

apologies if this sounds stupid :P

i have r8 installed and its running great, i have all my apps and contacts etc etc, i dont wanna loose and spend time reinstalling and setting up again, can this update be installed with out loosing all that stuff?

also whats the procedure for applying new rom updates please?

many thanks

Guest mitrepooc

@ Seb, I've just installed your R9 from R7, i seem to have a problem with my contacts list, they are all there in alphabetical order, however when scrolling instead of the A...B...C...etc dialog box i get a $ & S that's it.

I've MD5 the ROM before installing all is ok. There is no problem with R7.

Any ideas.

Tim.

Guest PsychoChimp

Anyone had any issues with the proximity sensor?

I've had quite a few dropped calls on R8 as a result of the end call button being pressed by my face!

Chimp

Guest owen1978
Couldn't get the dictionary to work, and when I changed to gingerbread keyboard it was still defaulting to the standard one?

got it sorted, it was me being stupid :D

Guest hotwire74
@ Seb, I've just installed your R9 from R7, i seem to have a problem with my contacts list, they are all there in alphabetical order, however when scrolling instead of the A...B...C...etc dialog box i get a $ & S that's it.

Any ideas.

Tim.

I also have this exact problem. Would appreciate it if there was a workaround.

Guest Jonny Murray

Same here as mitrepooc and hotwire74 with the faulty contact list , and also noticed on standard text messaging when you press to show contacts it does nothing so you have to manually type name in to search for address , got round it by installing alternate sms app off market but would have liked stock one to work.

Guest Ilkin Jamalli

Any ideas.

Tim.

Had exactly the same issue. Had to wipe and reinstall the ROM. Also had issue with not being able download contacts from Gmail. There was not Accounts and Sync menu in Settings at all.

Guest hotwire74
Had exactly the same issue. Had to wipe and reinstall the ROM. Also had issue with not being able download contacts from Gmail. There was not Accounts and Sync menu in Settings at all.

When you wiped and reinstalled are you meaning that you did this with r9 and the contacts problem went away?

I'd already tried this a couple of time but still my contacts only show a $ and S where the A-Z functionality should be.

> Same here as mitrepooc and hotwire74 with the faulty contact list , and also noticed on standard text messaging when you press to show contacts it does nothing so you have to manually type name in to

> search for address , got round it by installing alternate sms app off market but would have liked stock one to work.

I also have this same problem.

Apart from the two problems above this is a really great ROM - I find it quicker than any 2.2 ROM.

Guest hecatae
Great ROM, why hasn't seb404 based it on the B10 release?

I cant see any real benefits of B10, the only major difference is Orange disabled booting into the bootloader as mentioned elsewhere

Guest whatsupduck
I cant see any real benefits of B10, the only major difference is Orange disabled booting into the bootloader as mentioned elsewhere

Hi sorry a little off topic my speaker in my OSF has died its only 2 months old which i brought from argos (its got 3-6 dead pixels too)I am thinking i should beable to take it back and exchange/get store cred ect ? only thing is its got sebs r8 rom on it and before i take it back do i need to put the orange one back on ? and can i delete clockwork ? thanks anyhelp is much appreciated !