San Francisco Polls - cast your votes!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Azurren
Got asked at uni today if it was a HTC Desire ;)

So you said yes :(

Got mine today, first thing I did was had a play for 10mins.. Unlocked it then flashed the custom boot loader and rom! :)

Guest spartathisis

As i prob wont c him again, I did indeed say yes :)

Got mine Sat, got unlocked but to be honest struggling with Pauls video (dont tell him). I have put custom roms onto Winmo fones, but that was easy to do compared to this. If your mind doesnt work a certain way, your stuffed ;)

Guest Azurren
As i prob wont c him again, I did indeed say yes :(

Got mine Sat, got unlocked but to be honest struggling with Pauls video (dont tell him). I have put custom roms onto Winmo fones, but that was easy to do compared to this. If your mind doesnt work a certain way, your stuffed :(

Tis easy:

Simple quick step by step:

Download fastboot and superboot / MCRi http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...emo-now-online/

Unzip fastboot and place the superboot / MCRi file in the same folder

Turn off your phone, turn on while holding Vol+UP (For a good 10 seconds)

Plug in your phone

I'm guessing your using windows? :)

Open cmd.exe (Command prompt)

type: "cd c:\the\path\to\the\fastboot\folder" (Copy and paste from the address bar if you want to cheat ;))

then paste this: "fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img" REV 3 Paul :(

then: "fastboot-windows reboot"

Wait, unplug and there you go :P

And for the custom rom:

Download the latest from here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...deo-now-online/

rename it "mcri-system.tar.gz"

Copy it to the root of your SD card

Reboot your phone (Auto install FTW!)

If it applied (You will know :P) then delete it from the SD card

I'll make a "The Ultimate San Francisco's Owners Guide" when I get more familiar with the device B)

Edit: :( spam? :(

Edited by Azurren

Guest spartathisis

will give it another go, but first part download and unzip fast n super WHERE?? SD card or PC?

Vista prem 32 bit.

Thanks for quick reply :)

Guest Azurren
will give it another go, but first part download and unzip fast n super WHERE?? SD card or PC?

Vista prem 32 bit.

Thanks for quick reply :)

PC ;)

The only thing that ever goes on the SD is the custom rom itself (mcri-system.tar.gz)

Guest myfeetsmell

This is my first dive into the android market and im really happy with buying this phone,

I have had a windows mobile in the past but ended up passing it on as i couldnt get on with it.

But this one is so easy, even down to the rooting and installing custom rom, thanks to the guys on the site.

Considering the price of other devices on the market this is a very good buy

Guest feckineejit
PC :)

The only thing that ever goes on the SD is the custom rom itself (mcri-system.tar.gz)

Do i rename the rar file, or do i extract the rar file first then rename?

Guest cjb110

You missed the option 'Did Paul's review and this forum influence your decision?'

I read the review Friday night and trawled the boards for a bit, and bought it Saturday morning, pretty much based on the review and the support it was getting here!

Guest lonegunman

Got mine as the little one had taken my G1 and i was getting fed up with HTC 620, was a little suprised to see how well the phone has taken off,so much done is so little time, hope now to get another one for the other half before my one gies missing and i am back to the 620..........

Guest feckineejit

Hello again, i was trying to follow Azurren post, i downloaded fastboot and superboot / MCRi, unzipped fastboot and placed the superboot / MCRi file in the same folder, then moved it to my c:\ i don't have any thing after the c:\ as that is where i put it for convinence for myself.

I then opened a cmd and typed in c:\ hit enter then typed fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img and then it came up saying not recognized.

cmd problem

anyone any ideas what i need to do?

P.S sorry for the small pic.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Azurren
Hello again, i was trying to follow Azurren post, i downloaded fastboot and superboot / MCRi, unzipped fastboot and placed the superboot / MCRi file in the same folder, then moved it to my c:\ i don't have any thing after the c:\ as that is where i put it for convinence for myself.

I then opened a cmd and typed in c:\ hit enter then typed fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img and then it came up saying not recognized.

cmd problem

anyone any ideas what i need to do?

P.S sorry for the small pic.

Did you copy the folder to C:\ or the files?

If the folder: cd C:\fastboot

If you copied the files (What a mess) then make sure they are all there