Acer Liquid wont wake up from standby

Guest calle_d

Guest calle_d

I have a friend who has problems with her liquid. I have not encountered this problem so I can not help her.

Several times a day the phone refuse to wake up from standby when you press the power button. Almost... The display's backlight does not turn on by itself. It´s possible, if you tilt the phone a bit, to see a vague picture of the lock screen. This means the phone is still running, but it will not wake up completely.

In this situation, the phone is extremely hot at the lower back. To start the phone, you have to remove the battery and plug it in again.

I've tried with both Eclair and Froyo. With and without LCR. Last time I tried to fix it I did a wipe of EVERYTHING, including the SD card and then installed the latest Froyo-leak. The problem remains.

Have disabled data traffic as she only uses wifi. This problem occurs only when the phone is in standby mode and completely random!

Ideas?

Guest Rufy93

Had the same issue, but don't remember wich basband/roms i used then.

Using MIUI since saturday, nothing yet.

Going to flash the phone later today, so lets see if the latest Froyo leak has the same problem. (Usually i use LS)

Guest calle_d
Same here using BaseBand 05.01.01, switched back to 04.04.05 and this issue disappeared!

How do I swich back to an older baseband? I thought the baseband remained when if I flashed an older rom.

Guest Flexxy
How do I swich back to an older baseband? I thought the baseband remained when if I flashed an older rom.

Just flash an older .bin

.Bins changes the baseband (if Acer made a change of course)

ROMs don't..

I've flashed the latest Froyo Bin, works like a charm with really good battery as well..

(Pma mig på Swedroid om du det är något oklart, och lycka till)